Jokerit Helsinki 2014/2015 season talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
SM-liiga contracts that carry over for the 14-15 season will be valid and will not be renegotiated.

I wrote it at another thread but I give it 10%, not so sure if this can happen. Definitilly would be a fun, especially in Teräväinen´s case. :D

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
I wrote it at another thread but I give it 10%, not so sure if this can happen. Definitilly would be a fun, especially in Teräväinen´s case. :D
Is there a minimum wage for player in the KHL?

EDIT: Did Slovan renegotiate existing contracts a year ago?

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Their current roster is good for play-off in 13/14. But I know, they will play from 14/15 with more stars (maybe?) Would love to see players like Vaananen, Ruutu in KHL.

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Their current roster is good for play-off in 13/14. But I know, they will play from 14/15 with more stars (maybe?) Would love to see players like Vaananen, Ruutu in KHL.
I doubt Jokerit can reach the playoffs with the current roster. The Western conference of the KHL is very strong with many good teams even after Torpedo is moved to East.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

Ruutu's contract runs out after next season. It's a possibility that he'll retire and move to an off-ice position with Jokerit.

Jokerit current contract situation(the final year on the right): http://www.jatkoaika.com/Joukkue/jokerit/pelaajat

vorky

@vorkywh24
Jan 23, 2010
Is there a minimum wage for player in the KHL?
Yes, there is. IIRC for 12/13 it was:

player at the age of 17-21
a) 750 000 rubles (cca 18 tis. euro, 24 tis. USD), if plays in KHL
b) 150 000 rubles (cca 3 700 euro, 4 700 tis. USD), if plays in MHL (or SM-Liiga/FIN jr if Jokerit has a team here)

hráč vo veku 22 rokov a staršÃ­
a) 3 000 000 rubles (cca 73 tis. euro, 94,5 tis. USD), if plays in KHL
b) 450 000 rubles (cca 11 tis. euro, 14 300 USD), if plays in VHL (or SM-Liiga if Jokerit has a team here)

EDIT: Did Slovan renegotiate existing contracts a year ago?

I am not sure because there is not evidence of Slovan´s extraleague contracts. Very interesting thing is that F Preisinger (1991) signed 4-year deal - the longest deal in Slovan. Why? Why Preisinger who did not play singel game in KHL during 1st season? Did he have contract with Slovan in extraleague until 15/16? If yes and this contract "changed" to KHL contract, that would mean that Jokerit´s contract will stay (of course, can be terminated).

When we look at offseason 2012, Slovan had RFA´s right to some players... why? Slovan played in slovak extraleague in 11/12, not in KHL. I have only explanation - contract of those player expired after 11/12 and become KHL RFA´s (if I am right, Ruutu can be the same player if Jussi is right about Ruutus contract situation). That would also mean, that contracts of Slovan players turned to KHL contracts (of course, was resigned with KHL conditions - salary, but the lenght stayed - Preisinger case?).

I am not sure about this, but definitelly interesting topic.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
:laugh: He rarely fights anymore (has no interest). He fought Liivik once last season in that infamous pre-season game.

That's more of a league thing I think. Not a great suprise he fought much less in SM-Liiga with these rulese than in NHL. KHL should have 5min for fight only so.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
That's more of a league thing I think. Not a great suprise he fought much less in SM-Liiga with these rulese than in NHL. KHL should have 5min for fight only so.

They do but he is not interested in fighting. It's too much of an injury risk at his age.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
They do but he is not interested in fighting. It's too much of an injury risk at his age.
Where did he say that? If SM-liiga didn't have stupid policy about fighting, I'm pretty sure Ruutu would have dropped the mits way more often. Though his role is here more important than what it was in NHL.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Where did he say that? If SM-liiga didn't have stupid policy about fighting, I'm pretty sure Ruutu would have dropped the mits way more often. Though his role is here more important than what it was in NHL.

It's been implied by those "in the know" at Jokerit section at Jatkoaika for two years now. It doesn't benefit him nor the team to have him sitting in the box for 5 minutes. Besides, it's more likely he'll retire because he'll be 39 in 2014 already.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Besides, it's more likely he'll retire because he'll be 39 in 2014 already.
Yeah that is very possible. Antti Tyrväinen is basically the new "Jarkko Ruutu". Only 1 year deal now but if he plays strong season, I can see him in KHL-Jokerit roster.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
^^ Definately no for these guys:

Timonen (Goes to his own team KalPa if still wants to play in Finland)
V. Filppula (Stays in NHL. Or did you mean Ilari?)
Teräväinen (Goes to NA)
Kontiola (Gets bigger money where he is now)
Pulkkinen (Tries still NA, but maybe in the future)
Liivik (LOL, no way, career bottom line player in SM-liiga level)
Niemi (Too old and slow to KHL)

Last edited:

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
^^ Definately no for these guys:

Timonen (Goes to his own team KalPa if still wants to play in Finland)
V. Filppula (Stays in NHL. Or did you mean Ilari?)
Teräväinen (NA)
Kontiola (Gets bigger money where he is now)
Pulkkinen (Tries NA, maybe in the future)
Liivik (LOL, no way)
Niemi (Too old and slow to KHL)

Ok Timonen could go there.

No, I mean Valtteri, he maybe not stay in NA.

Tervainen? If he will want to stay, he will stay

Bigger money in Chelyabinsk? Don't think soo, but he still can play the same league at home, that's the factor

Pulkkinen has one-year contract and will play AHL

Liivik - never saw him play, but is there for his physically style of play, is Ben-Amor better?

Niemi is still good for third pairing, with smooth skating defenceman.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Valtteri = He is UFA in few days, half of the league (NHL) is after him. He stays in NA.
Teräväinen = His goal is NHL, not KHL
Kontiola = Still his salary will be too high for Jokerit
Liivik and Ben-Amor = I would take Ben-Amor anyday over Liivik. Ben-Amor isn't KHL-level but his role would be so small anyways, that it doesn't matter. Ben-Amor is way more tougher than Liivik.
Niemi = His career is declining all the time

Mikey09

Mar 28, 2013
Bratislava
Valtteri = He is UFA in few days, half of the league (NHL) is after him. He stays in NA.
Teräväinen = His goal is NHL, not KHL
Kontiola = Still his salary will be too high for Jokerit
Liivik and Ben-Amor = I would take Ben-Amor anyday over Liivik. Ben-Amor isn't KHL-level but his role would be so small anyways, that it doesn't matter. Ben-Amor is way more tougher than Liivik.
Niemi = His career is declining all the time

Ok, i will replaced them.

Teravainen / Hagman,Kiiskinen or Tuppurainen
Pulkkinen / Haataja
Kontiola / Ramstedt,Hytonen or Ilari Filppula
Liivik / Ben-Amor
Niemi / Karalahti?

It is more possible u think?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ok Timonen could go there.

No, I mean Valtteri, he maybe not stay in NA.

Tervainen? If he will want to stay, he will stay

Bigger money in Chelyabinsk? Don't think soo, but he still can play the same league at home, that's the factor

Pulkkinen has one-year contract and will play AHL

Liivik - never saw him play, but is there for his physically style of play, is Ben-Amor better?

Niemi is still good for third pairing, with smooth skating defenceman.

Teräväinen's rights expire next year, he'll sign with Chicago, he's really looking forward to playing in NHL.

Pulkkinen signed the standard 3 year ELC last year, it runs until 2015.

Niemi will be 37 next season and he's getting slower every year now and already takes too many stupid penalties, it's likely he'll retire as well or be only a depth player.

Kontiola makes far too much money for Jokerit budget with Traktor. It's still uncertain how much sponsor money Harkimo can raise and how much the player budget will rise. It's uncertain and unlikely Jokerit will have anyone making more than 800-900K euros.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Ok, i will replaced them.

Teravainen / Hagman,Kiiskinen or Tuppurainen
Pulkkinen / Haataja
Kontiola / Ramstedt,Hytonen or Ilari Filppula
Liivik / Ben-Amor
Niemi / Karalahti?

It is more possible u think?

Tuppurainen is signed until 2017 with JYP and he's 33 now, unlikely.

iFlip is likelier option though it depends how he'll fair with Lev next season. If he does well, they or another club will offer him more money than Jokerit can afford.

Karalahti is getting even more old, he'll be 40 March 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad