Jokerit Helsinki 2014/2015 season talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Viasat is going to keep the rights for Jokerit games, right?

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
imagelogosnap.jpg

pulverapa

Jul 22, 2011
Stockholm
The last couple of weeks has seen three teams drop out of KHL for various of reasons, mostly economic reasons... If there would be a situation where Jokerit is forced to leave the KHL in the future, will they be allowed in to SM-Liiga the following season or will they have to start over from the bottom of the league system?

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Just my repost from KHL thread: Lev Prague ends up in KHL. www.isport.cz 15:52. I hope it will finally open eyes to KHL management. This amateur unsystematic wild expansion is just the biggest nonsense in european hockey....

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
The last couple of weeks has seen three teams drop out of KHL for various of reasons, mostly economic reasons... If there would be a situation where Jokerit is forced to leave the KHL in the future, will they be allowed in to SM-Liiga the following season or will they have to start over from the bottom of the league system?
Kurri and Kohonen said couple weeks ago that they are welcomed to Liiga.

Kurri said that KHL's future as a league is not certainty because the salaries have gone too high.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

They'd probably get an exception and get straight back in.

Just my repost from KHL thread: Lev Prague ends up in KHL. www.isport.cz 15:52. I hope it will finally open eyes to KHL management. This amateur unsystematic wild expansion is just the biggest nonsense in european hockey....

I've saying this for years that the the league should work on creating an environment so that existing teams would have better chances of economic success, yet some uninformed people kept calling me a "KHL hater". I was right again.

Ryker

Oct 3, 2008
Triangle, NC, USA
Just to let you know, what you wrote has the exact opposite meaning of what you intended, because Lev actually won't end up in the KHL next season, unfortunately.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
They'd probably get an exception and get straight back in.

I've saying this for years that the the league should work on creating an environment so that existing teams would have better chances of economic success, yet some uninformed people kept calling me a "KHL hater". I was right again.

Same opinion. Jokerit will be back in 5 years....

Vicente

Jun 6, 2012
Cologne
What? It is certain that Jokerit will play in the KHL next season no matter what. It was said earlier, I don't know where.

It becomes a lot less desirable playing KHL if several key teams go bankrupt and fans only have to play against some Siberians. And arent the Rotenberg brothers on the EU sanctions list?

punchonico99

Jan 2, 2014
Quebec
It becomes a lot less desirable playing KHL if several key teams go bankrupt and fans only have to play against some Siberians. And arent the Rotenberg brothers on the EU sanctions list?

You should go read earlier pages in this thread, you'll get your answers.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

No they aren't. Siberian argument is valid if bankrupts keep happening, don't see major effect for now. KHL has to do major efforts for stop being charity league and the teams must be started to run more like Jokerit is ran. Probably this slows down some propaganda writes who talk about "KHL the money league" and **** like that.. Get real.. no team can run forever only on charity. You need to have at least 80% of your outcomes covered with incomes that are sponsor deals or selling the main / side products / other business, so whole team doesn't go straight to bankrupt if your charity daddy stops supporting.

Better it would be to try to cover 100% with the incomes, like Jokerit has published is their goal. The situation is completely different from Praha. The budget is dependable on sales and sponsor deals. Jokerit is actually having their feet on better ground than some Russian teams. The strenght or druple currency weakens Russian teams. They might have ticket prices of 5€ when translated to our money. Jokerit might have ticket prices of 20-30€. If you are going to make only small profit %, its better to make that from more expensive products. Situation would be really good if our taxing wouldn't strike the advantage that otherwise is there against other teams. Thats why league should aim to more wealth areas of Europe, which is harder to be done than said. Still rather sell 5000 tickets in Germany or Finland than 10 000 in Ukraine or Mongolia: the player salaries are going to be same no matter where its played. The price of running team is not going to adjust by the economical situation of country and liquidity of people, but the potential for income is going to adjust by that.

Team in Siberia will need the business angel to cover even small budget, but only way I see running the league on solid basis is having less teams only in bigger cities (biggest cities of Russia have masses and have actually some wealth in the lower middle class, its not the same everywhere in Russia) and trying to spread the league in areas with more customer spending potential. Which is hard to do, and in Russian hands, I dont believe in it very strongly. I hope the time in KHL will be enjoyable, I think the whole league is going to disappear in 5-10 years or then it needs to be able to go trough a change.. Change for reality.

I give it from bottom of my ass: 60% the league disappears, 40% they accept the sitation and roll trough chances, after which they still can be big league if well played.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
No they aren't. Siberian argument is valid if bankrupts keep happening, don't see major effect for now. KHL has to do major efforts for stop being charity league and the teams must be started to run more like Jokerit is ran. Probably this slows down some propaganda writes who talk about "KHL the money league" and **** like that.. Get real.. no team can run forever only on charity. You need to have at least 80% of your outcomes covered with incomes that are sponsor deals or selling the main / side products / other business, so whole team doesn't go straight to bankrupt if your charity daddy stops supporting.

Better it would be to try to cover 100% with the incomes, like Jokerit has published is their goal. The situation is completely different from Praha. The budget is dependable on sales and sponsor deals. Jokerit is actually having their feet on better ground than some Russian teams. The strenght or druple currency weakens Russian teams. They might have ticket prices of 5€ when translated to our money. Jokerit might have ticket prices of 20-30€. If you are going to make only small profit %, its better to make that from more expensive products. Situation would be really good if our taxing wouldn't strike the advantage that otherwise is there against other teams. Thats why league should aim to more wealth areas of Europe, which is harder to be done than said. Still rather sell 5000 tickets in Germany or Finland than 10 000 in Ukraine or Mongolia: the player salaries are going to be same no matter where its played. The price of running team is not going to adjust by the economical situation of country and liquidity of people, but the potential for income is going to adjust by that.

Team in Siberia will need the business angel to cover even small budget, but only way I see running the league on solid basis is having less teams only in bigger cities (biggest cities of Russia have masses and have actually some wealth in the lower middle class, its not the same everywhere in Russia) and trying to spread the league in areas with more customer spending potential. Which is hard to do, and in Russian hands, I dont believe in it very strongly. I hope the time in KHL will be enjoyable, I think the whole league is going to disappear in 5-10 years or then it needs to be able to go trough a change.. Change for reality.

I give it from bottom of my ass: 60% the league disappears, 40% they accept the sitation and roll trough chances, after which they still can be big league if well played.

I hate to be blunt but you are completely clueless on the Jokerit financial situation, past and present. Jokerit have not made profit in ages, they've covered it by transferring revenue from Hartwall Arena or Harkimo's pockets. If you seriously think they can cover a budget triple the size previously by merely ticket and sponsorship income, then I've got some land to sell you. :D The only thing's that different is that now Rotenberg's/Timtshenko will cover the loss.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010

Good a place as any to start QnebO. And those odds seem about right to me. They'll be going through some pain but Im quite confident they'll tough it out. Leaner league yes, but Big League for sure. Smaller, more compact & elite.

The only thing's that different is that now Rotenberg's/Timtshenko will cover the loss.

And therein lies the crux of it huh? They just might feel the investment (losses) is worth the gain long~range. Really hard to say. One things for sure Jussi, Jokerit fans & Helsinki are in for some villi ja epamaaraisiin times. Should prove interesting to watch, see how this all plays out huh?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
And therein lies the crux of it huh? They just might feel the investment (losses) is worth the gain long~range. Really hard to say. One things for sure Jussi, Jokerit fans & Helsinki are in for some villi ja epamaaraisiin times. Should prove interesting to watch, see how this all plays out huh?

Since 2002, Jokerit fans have had nothing but wild and uncertain times. I think we could have used a little more of stability once...

IMO, the big issue with the Russian owners has always been their ties with other, Russian, KHL clubs (SKA and Moscow Dynamo). It just screams of major conflict of interest that would simply not be possible in any other professional league in Europe.

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
IMO, the big issue with the Russian owners has always been their ties with other, Russian, KHL clubs (SKA and Moscow Dynamo). It just screams of major conflict of interest that would simply not be possible in any other professional league in Europe.

Yes. Question's of integrity are only natural when so obvious a set of potential conflicts of interest as those that exist within the KHL are considered. I would assume the fanbase is somewhat wary of how the team fairs moving forward which creates a certain amount of instability on top of that which already exists. Hard to say. One would be reluctant to invest emotionally & financially in such. Guess we'll see, but Id like to see it succeed and hope it does. Really a decent brand of hockey but ya, proceed with cautious optimism, hope they get their act together.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
I hate to be blunt but you are completely clueless on the Jokerit financial situation, past and present. Jokerit have not made profit in ages, they've covered it by transferring revenue from Hartwall Arena or Harkimo's pockets. If you seriously think they can cover a budget triple the size previously by merely ticket and sponsorship income, then I've got some land to sell you. :D The only thing's that different is that now Rotenberg's/Timtshenko will cover the loss.
They haven't but the team's account structure were different compared to other Liiga teams as many team operations were in Hartwall Areena's account books.

I would even bet on Jokerit never even playing a single KHL game.
Now, that's funny.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They haven't but the team's account structure were different compared to other Liiga teams as many team operations were in Hartwall Areena's account books.

Yes but Hartwall itself hasn't been that profitable lately either and needed occasional help from previous owners Sanoma Oy and that rent assist from the city of Helsinki (around 300K€) which they won't be getting next year anymore.

Kennel

Aug 17, 2012
Since 2002, Jokerit fans have had nothing but wild and uncertain times. I think we could have used a little more of stability once...
Since 1967 actually (and 1947 if you count Vesa). There was about 3 years of stability in the 90s but it was still pretty wild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad