Jokerit Helsinki 2014/2015 season talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Jokerit gets to sell their own games tv-rights after all, like the owners said long time ago and no one ever has said anything that means otherwise.

Viasat is only having KHL rights for non-jokerit games currently. Multiple people have been asking it from them with intent to buy, and they got answer that they have KHL rights for non-jokerit KHL games, and Jokerit hasn't still sold their rights anywhere. They believe Viasat will get it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Jokerit gets to sell their own games tv-rights after all, like the owners said long time ago and no one ever has said anything that means otherwise.

Viasat is only having KHL rights for non-jokerit games currently. Multiple people have been asking it from them with intent to buy, and they got answer that they have KHL rights for non-jokerit KHL games, and Jokerit hasn't still sold their rights anywhere. They believe Viasat will get it.

http://www.jokerit.com/moskovassa-innokas-tunnelma

Mittavissa keskusteluissa käytiin läpi muun muassa mahdollisuutta näyttää otteluita verkossa ja etenkin jokerit.comissa kauden aikana. KHL:n tavoitteena on tarjota kaikki pelit mahdollisimman korkealaatuisina verkon yli kaikkien halukkaiden nähtäväksi edullisesti. Keskustelut varsinkin vieraspelien näkyvyydestä saatiin käyntiin ja niitä edistetään aktiivisesti KHL:n organisaation kanssa.

-Kaikkien esitysoikeuksien sopimustilanne ei ole vielä aivan selvä, mutta uskomme saavamme asioihin selvyyttä viimeistään, kun KHL:n toimiston väki vierailee Helsingissä juhannuksen jälkeisellä viikolla tutustumassa toimintaamme, Kohonen toteaa.

They talked about the possibility of showing games online and via jokerit.com, especially road games. Tv broadcast right issue is still unclear but they hope to get some clarity on the situation the week after juhannus when the KHL office people visit Jokerit offices.

The story also said about the roster limit. 18 + 2 goalies and two juniors, one of whom has to be '94 born and the other '95 born.

Rekin

Feb 23, 2014
Warszawa
Do you have any idea about how the away tickets will be organized, only through the official Jokerit Fan Club or...?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Do you have any idea about how the away tickets will be organized, only through the official Jokerit Fan Club or...?

There was a survey done by one of the heads of Eteläpääty to all the members at jokerifanit.net. There were plans on making a few road trips to St. Petersburg, Riga and Prague (the cost and travel and visa arrangements are too big of a problem to do more), so there probably won't be that much of a separate demand for away tickets unless the fan club makes a trip.

Rekin

Feb 23, 2014
Warszawa
I'm just wondering because getting tickets especially in Bratislava has been a pain in the ass and they wouldn't sell away tickets to neutrals without Fan Club membership even when there are basically no away fans coming otherwise.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
I did not read all previous pages here and it was probably here million times. So sorry for repeatitive question. But can anybody describe what is generall opinion of Jokerit fans and finnish fans on moving to KHL?

I think first day they entered is the same day when process of bringing Jokerit back started :)

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
I did not read all previous pages here and it was probably here million times. So sorry for repeatitive question. But can anybody describe what is generall opinion of Jokerit fans and finnish fans on moving to KHL?

I think first day they entered is the same day when process of bringing Jokerit back started :)

The general mood seems to be getting more and more positive day by day.

http://www.jokerit.com/moskovassa-innokas-tunnelma <-- Same link as Jussi provided earlier.

That pretty much confirms that Jokerit has some control on the broadcasting rights, as has been thought from the start.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
The general mood seems to be getting more and more positive day by day.

http://www.jokerit.com/moskovassa-innokas-tunnelma <-- Same link as Jussi provided earlier.

That pretty much confirms that Jokerit has some control on the broadcasting rights, as has been thought from the start.

Interesting.Is there any long time vision expressed by Jokerit management? Asking because that is what I personally do not like on Lev Prague. They pumped a lot of money, got to the finals, now they have 12 players on roster and cutting a budget. Actually I never knew what is their plan with this team. Seems to me that they can look just several months ahead....

Peter25

Sep 20, 2003
Visit site
Interesting.Is there any long time vision expressed by Jokerit management? Asking because that is what I personally do not like on Lev Prague. They pumped a lot of money, got to the finals, now they have 12 players on roster and cutting a budget. Actually I never knew what is their plan with this team. Seems to me that they can look just several months ahead....
Lev Praha relies almost completely on Russian money. Jokerit is a bit more independent (they got a big sponsor contract with a foreign betting company) and Jokerit also has an existing fan base which Lev did not have before entering the KHL.

Lev and Jokerit are not completely similar in this regard.

Jablkon

May 23, 2014
Czech Republic
Lev Praha relies almost completely on Russian money. Jokerit is a bit more independent (they got a big sponsor contract with a foreign betting company) and Jokerit also has an existing fan base which Lev did not have before entering the KHL.

Lev and Jokerit are not completely similar in this regard.

I hope so. Anyway I am quite surprised that Jokerit funa base accepted this move....

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
Isn't Jokerit pretty much owned by the Russians now?

Harkimo is the main owner, Rothenberg and the other guy (Rothenberg at also speaks Finnish, and both have also Finnish nationality in addition to Russian) own 49%, Harkimo 51%, which means Harkimo calls the Final shot about the team.

Also it's not that dependant on (partly finnish)Russian money. After getting all the sponsors and broadcasting / tv deal, ticket sales ect. their goal is realisticly to be able to do result of 0, meaning not negative result. If they make ass-nett, as we say in Finland when you do minus, then they probably can get some boost from Russia, but they are really trying to work it inside the laws of free market. They have said that they don't compete for players like Radulov or Komarov for that reason, they mainly compete for EHT players whose career is going upwards.

If the taxing in Finland would be different, they might be able to compete for 1 superstar a year or so.

Exception to this rule is if they are able to sign Selänne, then I think rothenbergs will pay if needed he's salary on top of the cake. Though Teemu would sell tickets, too. This is at this point very unlikely scenario.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I hope so. Anyway I am quite surprised that Jokerit funa base accepted this move....

Well they didn't fully. As I've said it before, they don't all post at the biggest Finnish hockey message board (it's not so easy to get there as here). Of the Jokerit posters registered there, about 100-150 are the kind that go to games regularly or are season ticket holders. How many fans really agree with the move won't be fully known until after a few games. There's several fans who were planning on going to some pre-season games or regular season games to test how it feels first.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Harkimo is the main owner, Rothenberg and the other guy (Rothenberg at also speaks Finnish, and both have also Finnish nationality in addition to Russian) own 49%, Harkimo 51%, which means Harkimo calls the Final shot about the team.

Also it's not that dependant on (partly finnish)Russian money. After getting all the sponsors and broadcasting / tv deal, ticket sales ect. their goal is realisticly to be able to do result of 0, meaning not negative result. If they make ass-nett, as we say in Finland when you do minus, then they probably can get some boost from Russia, but they are really trying to work it inside the laws of free market. They have said that they don't compete for players like Radulov or Komarov for that reason, they mainly compete for EHT players whose career is going upwards.

If the taxing in Finland would be different, they might be able to compete for 1 superstar a year or so.

Exception to this rule is if they are able to sign Selänne, then I think rothenbergs will pay if needed he's salary on top of the cake. Though Teemu would sell tickets, too. This is at this point very unlikely scenario.

No one really thinks Harkimo calls the final shots anymore.

Bouma Fett*

Booty Hunter
May 19, 2012
Calgary
Just out of curiousity, is Leland Irving staying with the team? I heard he had signed there last season, not sure what is going on with him

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
His signature means essentially Rotenbergs telling him "sign here".

They can only try that in situation, where Harkimo asks them to deposit omaa pääomaa, or needs something else. Also, because Harkimo owns over 50%, he can do the same for rothenbergs with that same logic, and for sure make deals with 51% of the company votes by himself in certain situations.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Oh come now, "everyone" knows that's been the case fora while already. They got fed up with Harkimo messing things up constantly with bad PR. Harkimo can't do anything without their money.
"Everyone", like internet and Jatkoaika? I have heard about the bad PR stuff but it doesn't mean that the Russian would tighten money flow in decision making "to kick Harkimo totally out". Obviously the Big Boys have a strong word in decision making with Harkimo as they own the Arena plus a big slice from Jokerit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln