Jokerit Helsinki 2014/2015 season talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
I also believe in Omark and Harju, just get a top 1st center now.

How ever, is there reason to doubt motivation for these too? I hope they aren't just cashing in and coasting in Jokerit.. because it woldn't really work as the salary isn't THAT good in Jokerit and taxing is pretty high.

I can see them both being motivated now that they finally get to play together. Omark had a rough year, and will probably want to have a better one, Harju wasn't happy with the role he got in Brynäs and still managed to score 19 goals. If Jokerit can find them a class center and play them in the top six (wich I assume is the thought), it can turn out very well.

Wich players are likely to be top 2 centers? Are there any finnish ones on the market? Or will they go for NA players? Pesonen? Wirtanen?

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
I can see them both being motivated now that they finally get to play together. Omark had a rough year, and will probably want to have a better one, Harju wasn't happy with the role he got in Brynäs and still managed to score 19 goals. If Jokerit can find them a class center and play them in the top six (wich I assume is the thought), it can turn out very well.

Wich players are likely to be top 2 centers? Are there any finnish ones on the market? Or will they go for NA players? Pesonen? Wirtanen?

There aren't any centers named Pesonen. Petteri Wirtanen supposedly isn't an option for Jokerit.

m4tt145

Jun 7, 2013
There aren't any centers named Pesonen. Petteri Wirtanen supposedly isn't an option for Jokerit.

My bad.

Niklas Olausson is rumuored to KHL, perhaps Jokerit is an alternative. Would be a good fit IMO. Already knows Omark and Harju from Luleå.

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
Found this from Jatkoaika. One poster asked from Janne Vuorinen about new signings and we'll hear something next week. Apparently 2 centers have names on the paper.

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
:laugh: That goes in line with Malkin chosen as one of Russia's 3 best players.

Ohtamaa is legit pick. He was better than any of our D, only competition would be Karalahti. You would think that Hietanen would take it if you "think on paper" but not this time. Mäntylä for example was clearly over-rated by some experts like Tami. Who made the pick, knew what he was doing, but I would've gone with Karalahti thinking about whole tournament.

Then a question:
Why we could not sign Olli Palola?

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
So how big will the player budget be and where do Jokerit get the money from?

No one knows what the budget will be, there has been talks about 8-10M player budget but also talks that budget will be much bigger than it was though. In March, Jukka Korhonen talked about 18-20Million overall budget. Rothenberg family is investing in the team, not getting straight profit, spending some millions of euros. Of course, Jokerit will probably do best busineses in KHL too, because you can ask more for tickets ect. in Finland than in Russia, and they have better overall experience on skill in business in the organization, but still the financing will be based on business angel.

Rothenberg might be overall profitable trough some other business and connection where he gets involved, of course. Usually it's not just charity when it comes to any business, some non profitable business can be done as needed part of the big picture.

suomi12

Jan 3, 2012
Finland
Henrik Karlsson is a good signing.

Roster prediction:

Linus Omark - X Johan Harju
Niklas Hagman - X - Steve Moses
Tommi Huhtala - X - Jere Sallinen
Eetu Pöysti - Riku Hahl - Jani Rita
Tomi Mäki
(Semir Ben-Amor, Saku Salminen, Severi Sillanpää)

Ryan Gunderson - Ville Lajunen
Jere Karalahti - Atte Ohtamaa
Ossi Väänänen - Daine Todd
Oskari Korpikari
(Niko Peltola, Santeri Saari, Jere Sneck)

Henrik Karlsson
Riku Helenius
(Jani Kautto, Joona Voutilainen)

Finnpin

"internet"
Oct 10, 2005
Helsinki
^^ Unfortunately I think we will see only 2 center signings during the summer. During the season they have to add that position.

Kennel

Aug 17, 2012
Season ticket prices:
Club Seat 117-120 1020 €
Business 107-110 910 €
Economy 101, 106, 111-116, 301-318 460 €
Eteläpääty 103-104 (standing) 249 €
Eteläpääty 102-105 299 €
Wheelchair 249 €
Students 120 €
Children (7-16 years) and seniors 99 €
Q6396wQ.png

For comparison, HIFK's prices ("Hinta" column): http://www.hifk.fi/palvelut/kausikortit#title

e. I'd say the pricing is very generous for a regular fan and company tickets are still cheaper than IFK's even though they got a rise.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Season ticket prices:
Club Seat 117-120 1020 €
Business 107-110 910 €
Economy 101, 106, 111-116, 301-318 460 €
Eteläpääty 103-104 (standing) 249 €
Eteläpääty 102-105 299 €
Wheelchair 249 €
Students 120 €
Children (7-16 years) and seniors 99 €
Q6396wQ.png

For comparison, HIFK's prices ("Hinta" column): http://www.hifk.fi/palvelut/kausikortit#title

e. I'd say the pricing is very generous for a regular fan and company tickets are still cheaper than IFK's even though they got a rise.

IFK's are for 30 home games though. Number of Jokerit home games is STILL not clear. :shakehead

Last edited:

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
IFK's are for 30 home games though. Number of Jokerit home games is STILL not clear. :shakehead

It should be 29 or more. They wouldn't actually sell if they weren't sure enough where its going to be, because it would be illegal to sell it and then "heyyy its just 20 games".

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
It sounds absurd but you'd think that Teemu would have denied the rumors already if there was no possibility of him playing in the team.

Of course there is some possibility as he hasn't declined it even after the NHL season in NHL.com interview. I just don't keep it really likely, actually very unlikely due to all family and other non-hockey reasons. The betting and everything around Teemu is part of marketing. Is it only that, time will show.

I don't see odds for Teemu playing being bigger than not playing under the light that we have. That multiplier must be mainly marketing.

Of course, there is slight chance that Jokerit knows something and has told it to Nordicbet. In theory, if they knew Teemu is going to play, they might still wait before releasing it due to hype timing reasons..

Some "foil hat" theory suggests that it's fake sponsorship deal: They hype it out alot, then some one tells that Nordicbet is illegal sponsor in Finland, and they cancel it with as big voice as it was published.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Some "foil hat" theory suggests that it's fake sponsorship deal: They hype it out alot, then some one tells that Nordicbet is illegal sponsor in Finland, and they cancel it with as big voice as it was published.

The bigger issue here is that sport betting advertising is illegal in Russia. The likes of Real Madrid have been forced to remove the Bwin logo from their jerseys while in Russia.

Of course Jokerit can't advertise NordicBet on their site either. This might also limit media interest in showing footage from road games as there are conflicting interests with Veikkaus. Veikkaus might even drop KHL from their lists.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad