LeBrun: John Klingberg and/or Joel Edmundson to the Oilers at the deadline

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
As much as i agree with you as a habs fan, there is one constant in this league : big meany defensemen always get overrated by GMs.

I wouldn't be against something around Poolparty vs Edmundson tho
Honestly I wouldn’t either, Pool Party might have value to the right team but overall he is a bit of a nothing

FliegerKorps

May 10, 2018
Honestly I wouldn’t either, Pool Party might have value to the right team but overall he is a bit of a nothing
Hey the more no-names and washed up players we can turn in 0.4/0.5 ppg players for assets is exactly what the habs should do now!

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Klingberg 3 goals in two games. He does have value oilers. Two games and two wins. Thank you Canada for the road trip

Reactions: Arthuros

SeanMoneyHands

Apr 18, 2019
Ceci is pretty good, Kulak is a 3rd pair general. I dont think I agree with you.

I wonder if Holland really has given up defence, and just want to play pond hockey - just outscore the opposistion.
Gretzkys 47p may be in the danger.

But if Edmondson comes cheap, I accept pulju+ 3rd rounder for Edmundson. A D backup is better than no backup.

Edmundson would be 4 -6 D.

Nurse Ceci
Edmundson/Broberg Barrie
Kulak Bouchard

Klingberg is a RD, wich makes it worse.

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Klingberg
Broberg Barrie/Bouchard

Sadly Klingberg on the Oilers would be their second best dman. He may be one dimensional but he's still far better than everyone else but Nurse. And even then Nurse isn't that much better than him.

The Oilers are a better team with Klingberg and Edmundson on their roster.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Oh boy I hope they get both. Every game would a 8-7 loss in the playoffs.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Edmundson is capable playing top pairing minutes if paired with a very strong partner (Pietrangelo in St Louis). Can't say the ame for Ceci and Kulak.

Edmundson is better than Kulak and Ceci combined. Ceci is a bottom pairing dman on most teams. Kulak is better.
You can say the same for Ceci. You can even say that Ceci is capable of paying top pair with a mediocre defense partner, depending on your opinion on Darnell Nurse.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Left deal is Fowler. What does your team having to offer? Anaheim has Minty waiting in the wings. And Noah Warren who will likely make Anaheim roster this season. He was last one cut during training camp. What can you offer for Fowler.
Fowler has a 4 team trade list and a high cap. Literally zero chance he gets traded. Also trading the Ducks only top 4 defensemen is a bold move.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Fowler has a 4 team trade list and a high cap. Literally zero chance he gets traded. Also trading the Ducks only top 4 defensemen is a bold move.
Not saying the value/teams will be available but just completely shutting down the idea down is lazy.

We just traded 2 top dmen that we’re both willing to stay here cheaper, last offseason. If verbeek doesn’t see fowler as part of the team going forward and he can find trade value on him, he’ll be gone too.

Personally I hope he’s at the very least potentially listening to offers, as I don’t see fowler as someone that will be around when we’re trending up… the saving grace for fowler is most of our dmen coming up are prob 1+ year away…. So fowler may stick around as training wheels on the backend

Reactions: JlindiesANA

archangel2

May 19, 2019
after last nights game? They are clearly not a playoff team. They need to do something sooner than later to fix all the holes on their team. They gambled poorly on their netminders, on the D and their scoring depth. Holland does not have it in him to do a blockbuster trade mid season. I think he has done one on 30 years?

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
Ceci is pretty good, Kulak is a 3rd pair general. I dont think I agree with you.

I wonder if Holland really has given up defence, and just want to play pond hockey - just outscore the opposistion.
Gretzkys 47p may be in the danger.

But if Edmondson comes cheap, I accept pulju+ 3rd rounder for Edmundson. A D backup is better than no backup.

Edmundson would be 4 -6 D.

Nurse Ceci
Edmundson/Broberg Barrie
Kulak Bouchard

Klingberg is a RD, wich makes it worse.

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Klingberg
Broberg Barrie/Bouchard
Cap dump, a 3rd for Edmundson, who would become Edmonton's 2nd or 3rd best D. How can Montreal say no?

Last edited:

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
multiple bottom pairing defenders?
Edmunson plays heavy PK time but plays bottom pair 5v5 minutes on one of the worst defensive team in the league (worse than Edmonton) and yet he is somehow better than Ceci who plays top pairing minutes and does better at it than Edmunson does on the third pair?
Edmundson played a top 4 role all the way back to when St-Louis won the cup and Montreal went to the finals. What makes you think that he’s now a 5-6 guy?

He’s a bottom pairing defender right now. Anyone spending a first on him is going to be kicking themselves.
Your GM spent a 2nd on Kulak last year and you think Edmundson wouldn’t get at least a first? Lol

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011
Edmundson played a top 4 role all the way back to when St-Louis won the cup and Montreal went to the finals. What makes you think that he’s now a 5-6 guy?

Your GM spent a 2nd on Kulak last year and you think Edmundson wouldn’t get at least a first? Lol
One is free from injury history, the other not. But ok, since Edmundson still has a hockeybrain, I give a 2nd and Pulju

Tanknation

Feb 24, 2012
They Habs don't bother to say no. The click of the phone is all the Oilers hear.
Unless we get a late 1st there is no point in trading a guy like Edmundson. Unless you want to end up like the Oilers pre McDavid where they had zero leadership and good veterans to guide the kids.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Not saying the value/teams will be available but just completely shutting down the idea down is lazy.

We just traded 2 top dmen that we’re both willing to stay here cheaper, last offseason. If verbeek doesn’t see fowler as part of the team going forward and he can find trade value on him, he’ll be gone too.

Personally I hope he’s at the very least potentially listening to offers, as I don’t see fowler as someone that will be around when we’re trending up… the saving grace for fowler is most of our dmen coming up are prob 1+ year away…. So fowler may stick around as training wheels on the backend

I’m not dismissing it out of hand. I’m saying the combination of lack of possible destinations, lack of return based on his cap and length of contract means there is no way the return would be worth trading our only top 4 defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $2,300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $685.00