LeBrun: John Klingberg and/or Joel Edmundson to the Oilers at the deadline

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Id prob be cool with that type of return... or sending Kling to a team that we can take a dump back and maybe get a late 1st.

Last option looks better for me. Reading all these teams by media that they need to dump cap. Someone is going to offer a first with a dump back. And Anaheim, Arizona, Buffalo has that availability

I can’t believe how much money Klingberg cost himself.

Nightmare scenario for him. Absolutely trash season.

You have to understand Anaheim isn’t that great right? Throw him on any other playoff team he would have his normal numbers

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Not sure how Klingberg would be an option in Edmonton... Will they scratch Bouchard for Klingberg? No way he plays ahead of Ceci or Barrie on the right side.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Not sure how Klingberg would be an option in Edmonton... Will they scratch Bouchard for Klingberg? No way he plays ahead of Ceci or Barrie on the right side.

What dumps does Edmonton have? That could be the deciding factor come deadline on a deal. And where Edmonton is at in the standings.

Anaheim has cap space along with Arizona and Buffalo. So they may compete as well for draft compensation also taking on cap

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
What dumps does Edmonton have? That could be the deciding factor come deadline on a deal. And where Edmonton is at in the standings
Biggest cap dump would be Campbell but let's not go there :/

There is no true cap dump in Edmonton so retention would be needed. Yamamoto and Puljujarvi would be the closest to cap dumps.

Homesick

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 2, 2005
Calgary
I hope the Oilers grab someone that isn't rumoured to be on the market. Edmundson and Klingberg are not what they need

Reactions: PuckG

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Biggest cap dump would be Campbell but let's not go there :/

There is no true cap dump in Edmonton so retention would be needed. Yamamoto and Puljujarvi would be the closest to cap dumps.

Yah Campbell isn’t gonna work. We got Dostal now who looks like he’s a good fit here. Anaheim can take Pulju as he’s RFA after this year. As it usually is? It comes down to where everyone is at in the standings at deadline. And if it’s competitive people will ask for dumps back plus retention and that’s when the lower teams get paid.

That's what I’m thinking. Also Anaheim may ship out Gibson this deadline. I think with Dostal? Anaheim doesn’t need em anymore.

Anyways, very interesting deadline. I can’t wait

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I can’t believe how much money Klingberg cost himself.

Nightmare scenario for him. Absolutely trash season.
It’s not just the Anaheim gamble. He also noped out on a high dollar extension from Dallas to find better in the off season. When that better never came, he fired his agent.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yah Campbell isn’t gonna work. We got Dostal now who looks like he’s a good fit here. Anaheim can take Pulju as he’s RFA after this year. As it usually is? It comes down to where everyone is at in the standings at deadline. And if it’s competitive people will ask for dumps back plus retention and that’s when the lower teams get paid.

That's what I’m thinking. Also Anaheim may ship out Gibson this deadline. I think with Dostal? Anaheim doesn’t need em anymore.

Anyways, very interesting deadline. I can’t wait
Something around Gibson+Klingberg for Campbell+Puljujarvi+1st as basis.. other picks/ prospects /retention to even out the value

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Something around Gibson+Klingberg for Campbell+Puljujarvi+1st as basis.. other picks/ prospects /retention to even out the value

That Campbell offer is bad….. Anaheim has Dostal coming and Campbell isnt taking his spot. We’re both in the same boat 🤣 ever since you signed your red hot goalie and we got ours. Both Campbell and Gibson are irrelevant.

It sucks we’re both in the same position

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022

That dude Skinner? Can fricken play. So can Dostal. I mean I’m stoked on y’all signing em to that number. We’re both stuck with Campbell and Gibson Ughhhhh maybe we visit this later at deadline

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
And if you’re confused of my offer? I offer two second round picks this year, plus a cap dump you want. These picks are highly valuable this year. And I’ll give Anaheim third for youre trouble.

Anaheim gets picks back on deadline
Just quit. You’re making ridiculous offers for a rebuilding team.

Reactions: Gliff

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Just quit. You’re making ridiculous offers for a rebuilding team.

There’s no reason for Anaheim to have 3 second round picks, and likely adding more this deadline. Verbeek has already drafted plenty in 22 with em. And you’re adding more? Yah they can be used in a deal somewhere if need be

Last edited:

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Why in the world is a young rebuilding team trading away their recent 1st rounder?

Two first rounders unprotected, and Broberg is a good offer. That gives Anaheim one lottery pick with its own in this strong 23’ draft. A middle first pick this year or better, one unprotected next year. And also Broberg.

Then you add whatever Verbeek has planned at the deadline? 😮

Edmonton wouldn’t offer that though with Anaheim. It’s a pipe dream. But that’s a very very strong offer for Mintyukov

Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
There’s no reason for Anaheim to have 3 second round picks, and likely adding more this deadline. Verbeek has already drafted plenty in 22 with em. And you’re adding more? Yah they can be used in a deal somewhere if need be

What is your obsession with Barrie? The Ducks should be getting as many picks as possible and using then it trading then for young players who will be part of the future. Not one dimensional offensive defensemen on the wrong side of 30.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Yemeth

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Two first rounders unprotected, and Broberg is a good offer. That gives Anaheim one lottery pick with its own in this strong 23’ draft. A middle first pick this year or better, one unprotected next year. And also Broberg.

Then you add whatever Verbeek has planned at the deadline? 😮

Edmonton wouldn’t offer that though with Anaheim. It’s a pipe dream. But that’s a very very strong offer for Mintyukov

Who are the Oilers getting for two 1st rounders and Broberg? Klingberg? I hope your not serious? If so, give us some past examples to support your evaluation?

Chose

Loyal Habs fan
Aug 4, 2022
Montréal
Edmundson (50%) + MTL 3rd vs EDM 1st + Pulju

EDM gets its 6'5'', experienced, mean & defensive LHD at 50% for 2 runs
EDM gets away from Pulju (cap dump for a 3rd, that's generous, when even he is unsure he belongs)
EDM sheds salary while improving
MTL gets the 1st they have been looking for

• Haha
Reactions: dirtydanglez

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
What was that guy in the NBA that turned down like a $100 Million recently and it backfired. Can't remember his name

So Klingberg thinks he should have something like $8x8 in the $65 mill range
turns down $56 mill
heads to free agency and turns down $49 mill
everything backfires
accepts a 1 year deal after firing his agent.

ouch

Even newport is going to have a tough time this offseason guaranteed

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
so you want to trade those picks for a 31 year old defensemen signed only for one more year after this? awful logic

Crazy8oooo

Puck Off!
Sep 12, 2010
Orange County
Sure, they can be used as assets in a trade, but your trade target doesn't make sense for a rebuilding team. If they trade away those picks, it's to get younger players, not older. They traded away a younger, better defender for picks and you think he's just going to reverse that now for a downgrade?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad