LeBrun: John Klingberg and/or Joel Edmundson to the Oilers at the deadline

Jannik Hansen

Apr 16, 2016
Wow, I've never seen anyone as in love with a player as Jlindies is with Tyson Barrie, absolutely unhinged. Multiple posts across multiple hours about a player that makes no sense for Anaheim's timeline and Edmonton isn't moving. He's a good player but why would a rebuilding Anaheim trade multiple 2nds for an offensive defenceman in their 30s?

Reactions: lwvs84

HolyGhost

May 6, 2016
Buffalo
Oilers might not make the playoffs and Holland knows it. Just watch the oiler trade for them, give up what little depth they have add toss their top picks for laughs

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Isn't Klingberg & Barrie kinda redundant? I'd probably target Schenn if Vancouver is out of the wildcard race by the TDL.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
If Anaheim was smart? They would get Barrie. Kid matches the exact style of Anaheim. Having the fastness to Zegras will score goals. Noah Warren will handle the board battle.

Anaheim does have its heavy hitter coming, just need Barrie to direct us imo.

Noah Warren is our last cut from the roster btw. Kid is 6’4 240 amazing skating and a hard hitter. Throw us Barrie? Can’t wait dude nasty

You think the Ducks should use their pending UFAs to acquire a 31 year old defensemen that doesn’t have any of the qualities that we are actually lacking on the back end?

And what does Warren have to do with this? He is like 3 years away from being in the NHL.

archangel2

May 19, 2019
Isn't Klingberg & Barrie kinda redundant? I'd probably target Schenn if Vancouver is out of the wildcard race by the TDL.
Looking at their D and who would be considered Offensive D man? Bouchard, Nurse and Barrie. Unless they are sending Nurse or Barrie back. Klingberg is that last guy they need. That would give the oilers 4 guys who are bad in their own zone. Every team that wins in the playoffs figures out how to play D--these guys cant. Once teams shut down McDavid and Drasitl, they are done. Oilers are lucky the Flames, Blues and Vancouver are turning into a shit show behind them in the standings. If not, oilers are not in a playoffs spot right now. If both teams sort out their goaltending? Both knock the oilers out of their wild card spot

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
And what does Warren have to do with this? He is like 3 years away from being in the NHL.

It’s a talking point. Pulju makes no sense for this team at all either in it’s current development. I just don’t see how Pulju moves the needle or Eddy

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Wow, I've never seen anyone as in love with a player as Jlindies is with Tyson Barrie, absolutely unhinged. Multiple posts across multiple hours about a player that makes no sense for Anaheim's timeline and Edmonton isn't moving. He's a good player but why would a rebuilding Anaheim trade multiple 2nds for an offensive defenceman in their 30s?

I like Barrie… this team needs something on the backend.

SwedishFire

Mar 3, 2011

I think Edmundson is a good fit, he's better than Kulak and Ceci. But Klingberg sucks at playing defense.
Ceci is pretty good, Kulak is a 3rd pair general. I dont think I agree with you.

I wonder if Holland really has given up defence, and just want to play pond hockey - just outscore the opposistion.
Gretzkys 47p may be in the danger.

But if Edmondson comes cheap, I accept pulju+ 3rd rounder for Edmundson. A D backup is better than no backup.

Edmundson would be 4 -6 D.

Nurse Ceci
Edmundson/Broberg Barrie
Kulak Bouchard

Klingberg is a RD, wich makes it worse.

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Klingberg
Broberg Barrie/Bouchard

Last edited:

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
It’s a talking point. Pulju makes no sense for this team at all either in it’s current development. I just don’t see how Pulju moves the needle or Eddy

Puljujarvi would be a flyer at this point. There is no way the DUcks would pay anything high for him. He isn't worth much at this point.

But how do you think Barrie would b a better fit for the Ducks? The Ducks dont need a PP QB. They need 2 more top line forwards and a top defensive pairing. Barrie doesn't move the needle for the Ducks at all.

Reactions: lwvs84

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Puljujarvi would be a flyer at this point. There is no way the DUcks would pay anything high for him. He isn't worth much at this point.

But how do you think Barrie would b a better fit for the Ducks? The Ducks dont need a PP QB. They need 2 more top line forwards and a top defensive pairing. Barrie doesn't move the needle for the Ducks at all.

Barrie would make sense with the speed of the team. The transition with a slow Fowler back end bringing Barrie in? My golly… Zegras and Terry would have a good season. I’m in agreement with Pulju makes no sense. But bringing in Barrie with low cap hit 4.5? An extra year? I think it follows suit if Ducks need a transitional player that can keep up.

Just looking at all options right now. Because that defense sucks, and the kids don’t deserve this while developing

goonsaredumb

Sep 30, 2022
Barrie would make sense with the speed of the team. The transition with a slow Fowler back end bringing Barrie in? My golly… Zegras and Terry would have a good season. I’m in agreement with Pulju makes no sense. But bringing in Barrie with low cap hit 4.5? An extra year? I think it follows suit if Ducks need a transitional player that can keep up.

Just looking at all options right now. Because that defense sucks, and the kids don’t deserve this while developing
I think Puljujarvi makes perfect sense, he's young, fits the timeline, has a high potential upside, and brings an element we are currently missing from the lineup and if he sucks we probably won't end up paying too much to get him and can let him go, Barrie on the other hand, no thanks we've got enough "defensemen" that can't actually play the defense part we don't need to add another one in his early 30's, he's the last thing this Ducks roster needs and he does absolutely nothing to improve our defense at all, he's just another Klingberg except he scores more and there's no guarantee that will continue on the Ducks, Klingberg used to score on Dallas and that all went away when he joined the Ducks, I see no reason that wouldn't be the case with Barrie too.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
I think Puljujarvi makes perfect sense, he's young, fits the timeline, has a high potential upside, and brings an element we are currently missing from the lineup and if he sucks we probably won't end up paying too much to get him and can let him go, Barrie on the other hand, no thanks we've got enough "defensemen" that can't actually play the defense part we don't need to add another one in his early 30's, he's the last thing this Ducks roster needs and he does absolutely nothing to improve our defense at all, he's just another Klingberg except he scores more and there's no guarantee that will continue on the Ducks, Klingberg used to score on Dallas and that all went away when he joined the Ducks, I see no reason that wouldn't be the case with Barrie too.

That’s a very fair point. Just trying to figure out this team so the kids get developed properly. Noticing the look on the faces of our players heading to the locker room is pretty rough. Most look upset, mad, etc 😞

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
He has very little upside if any. Ducks should be looking elsewhere for reclamation projects. If Anaheim wants to take a flyer on a wild card take Petrov instead.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
He has very little upside if any. Ducks should be looking elsewhere for reclamation projects. If Anaheim wants to take a flyer on a wild card take Petrov instead.

Petrov is 6’2 big body….. Also 19 years old. I like this idea to help the kids on the forward lines. What’s the price? 🤔 he’s cheap and efficient and can get to the dirty areas

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Petrov is 6’2 big body….. Also 19 years old. I like this idea to help the kids on the forward lines. What’s the price? 🤔 he’s cheap and efficient and can get to the dirty areas

Could work well as a tweener on our second and third pairing of the forward lines. Ducks need size more than anything. And he fits our growing pain struggles with the young bucks. What would Edmonton want for em?

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Oilers need is 2x stay-at-home, defensively responsible D:s. No f***ing way they need Klingberg. They already got Barrie as a one-dimensional offensive D.

JlindiesANA

Dec 15, 2022
Oilers need is 2x stay-at-home, defensively responsible D:s. No f***ing way they need Klingberg. They already got Barrie as a one-dimensional offensive D.

We do have Fowler who’s a stay at home D. So there’s definitely room for discussion on a deal with Edmonton. They have needs, and we have needs

Hierso

Time to Rock
Oct 2, 2018
Looking at their D and who would be considered Offensive D man? Bouchard, Nurse and Barrie. Unless they are sending Nurse or Barrie back. Klingberg is that last guy they need. That would give the oilers 4 guys who are bad in their own zone. Every team that wins in the playoffs figures out how to play D--these guys cant. Once teams shut down McDavid and Drasitl, they are done. Oilers are lucky the Flames, Blues and Vancouver are turning into a shit show behind them in the standings. If not, oilers are not in a playoffs spot right now. If both teams sort out their goaltending? Both knock the oilers out of their wild card spot

Maybe i'm wrong but it was my understanding that Barrie is a offensive Defenseman while not great in his own zone, and to me that sounds like Klingberg.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
arent they looking for someone like Luke Schenn?

That's why Edmunson makes sense imo but Klingberg doesn't. Schenn could also be an option but Edmonton is set on the right.

Edmunson olayed his best hockey with Petry so Bouchard or Barrie could be a good partner for him.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Ceci is pretty good, Kulak is a 3rd pair general. I dont think I agree with you.

I wonder if Holland really has given up defence, and just want to play pond hockey - just outscore the opposistion.
Gretzkys 47p may be in the danger.

But if Edmondson comes cheap, I accept pulju+ 3rd rounder for Edmundson. A D backup is better than no backup.

Edmundson would be 4 -6 D.

Nurse Ceci
Edmundson/Broberg Barrie
Kulak Bouchard

Klingberg is a RD, wich makes it worse.

Nurse Ceci
Kulak Klingberg
Broberg Barrie/Bouchard

Just letting you know Edmunson likely won't be cheap.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
Uhhh they have completely different playing styles. The Oilers have one glaring need on defense, and Klingberg does not fill it.
Exactly. And Edmundson fits it. Big , rangy, D first style. Mean streak, leadership AND cost controlled multiple years

That's why Edmunson makes sense imo but Klingberg doesn't. Schenn could also be an option but Edmonton is set on the right.

Edmunson olayed his best hockey with Petry so Bouchard or Barrie could be a good partner for him.
Maybe Petry played his best hockey with Edmundson…🤭

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes