HF Habs: Joel Bouchard: The BeauCHar Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I would hate seing him go to Seattle, Arizona or Columbus.

And I hope, if he becomes the next Habs headcoach, that he brings a better d-man coach, too.

We so badly need to flush out all the crap from this organization. But yeah, if he goes to another club I'll be pissed... I'm preparing to be pissed. Lol.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
What's more likely with bouchards contract finishing:

Him being named head coach or GM?

If Marc lis let go I'd say GM. If Marc is kept and habs eliminated early under ducharme I'd say coach.

Since it's up to molson to decide Marc's fate I'm going with Bouchard as next coach.

.... ah who am I kidding it's the habs si Bouchard will be scooped up as coach by Seattle or pheonix
Not enough experience as an executive to be name GM

Reactions: Habs Icing

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I feel like Bouchard is much like a player prospect.

He's doing a good job in the AHL, but it does not guarantee a successful NHL career. The two examples I point to are Dallas Eakins and Guy Boucher. Its not much different than certain players who dominate the AHL but can't quite stick at the next level.

I'm not saying Bouchard can't cut it at the next level. I don't have the answer to that. All I know is that we shouldn't treat it as a slam dunk that he does work out.

For now, I'm just thankful that the farm team has finally been seeing progression under him after years of stagnation in the Lefebvre era.

Reactions: Astormynight

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
I feel like Bouchard is much like a player prospect.

He's doing a good job in the AHL, but it does not guarantee a successful NHL career. The two examples I point to are Dallas Eakins and Guy Boucher. Its not much different than certain players who dominate the AHL but can't quite stick at the next level.

I'm not saying Bouchard can't cut it at the next level. I don't have the answer to that. All I know is that we shouldn't treat it as a slam dunk that he does work out.

For now, I'm just thankful that the farm team has finally been seeing progression under him after years of stagnation in the Lefebvre era.
Yep but it work for Cooper/Sullivan/Cassidy. The reality is you never know until he has the job.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Bouchard would also get a different mandate as Montreal HC. He wouldn't be expected to develop players, the priority would be winning the next regular season game. Bergevin might tell him which lines to use, etc.

Film Noir

Mar 7, 2010
Verdun
Guy Boucher lead an average Lightning team and an average Ottawa team to one win away from the Stanley Cup finals. I'd say he proved his worth in the NHL. Dallas Eakins on the other hand...

Reactions: Miller Time

habdynasty

May 26, 2008
Guy Boucher lead an average Lightning team and an average Ottawa team to one win away from the Stanley Cup finals. I'd say he proved his worth in the NHL. Dallas Eakins on the other hand...[/QUOTE

Has he had an interview since ? ya more boring hockey

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I'd rather have Bouchard working with the prospects in Laval.

I agree to a certain extent. He has done a great job, no doubt about it. But what if another team offers him a better job? What is the use of developing good players if the parent club is too useless to make use of them? Then again, if he goes up to coach the Habs - who replaces him in Laval? Who would feed him well-prepared kids?! It's a predicament.

Reactions: dinodebino

iamtalbot

Oct 18, 2007
Have always been curious as to why Dom Dum was put with Julien and the Habs, and Joel B was put in the AHL with the Rocket?
Shouldn't it have been Bouchard in the NHL and Dom Dum in the AHL?
Am I off here guys?

They were hired about the same time. Is it possible they believed Bouchard was closer to being ready so had him do head coach in laval and he will take over next season with don replacing him in laval to get more reps in as a head coach before replacing Bouchard in 3 to 4 years time?

Not unusual to see guys go assistant in nhl, then head coach in ahl, then head coach in nhl.

habmercy

Aug 19, 2017
Bergy needs to make him an offer he can't refuse. With Laval's record this year we should lock him up for at least 4 years. That will give us enough time to evaluate DD and provide opportunity for Bouchard to move up within the organization. If he likes developing talent Laval may be his niche,. There are currently soe NHL experienced coaches that are unemployed.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Is there anything that ever suggested Bergevin meddles with coaching decisions?
Guy Boucher said that he laughs when pundits blame coaches for player selections for games, because A LOT of the decisions regarding who plays is coming from the front office. I'm paraphrasing but he did say it on RDS.

Last edited:

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Have always been curious as to why Dom Dum was put with Julien and the Habs, and Joel B was put in the AHL with the Rocket?
Shouldn't it have been Bouchard in the NHL and Dom Dum in the AHL?
Am I off here guys?
I think it’s because Joël already had pro experience, so they decide to put him in control of a team right away. DD never touch hockey pro before so he needed experience (like his mentor Pascal Vincent who was assistant with Winnipeg before)

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I think Guy's issue is more about not getting along with his GMs. And some of his comments on RDS won't help him get many interviews.

Depends on the GM... Those that want a lap dog, sure, won't help his case.

Those who want high integrity straight shooter, on the other hand, will value his direct approach.

I'm guessing he's just as selective about his next opportunity and who/what kind of GM he wants to work with.

Reactions: DAChampion

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Depends on the GM... Those that want a lap dog, sure, won't help his case.

Those who want high integrity straight shooter, on the other hand, will value his direct approach.

I'm guessing he's just as selective about his next opportunity and who/what kind of GM he wants to work with.
The thing with Boucher, it’s that his thing work only the 1st yrs and after it’s going down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad