Mark Scheifele is a piece of ****
Jan 7, 2012
James Bond
Jason Bourne
Jack Bauer
Julien BriseBois
Joel Bouchard

Jul 6, 2016
Bouchard might think heavily about leaving the organisation and get a job at NHL level as head coach or assistant-coach. The fact that the team kept winning in Series and reaches the Finals could be the writing on the wall for him. DD will keep his job as head coach and MB, his job as GM for a good while.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
He just said, he won't be back as the Rocket HC, doesn't mean he's leaving the Habs organization. I could see him been the associate coach of Ducharme same role then Vincent took with CBS or Director of the Minor Operation + the development operation. Kind hope it's this

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
He just said, he won't be back as the Rocket HC, doesn't mean he's leaving the Habs organization. I could see him been the associate coach of Ducharme same role then Vincent took with CBS or Director of the Minor Operation + the development operation. Kind hope it's this

Patrick Roy take over as coach for a season?..

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
If I were MB I'd ask Bouchard to do another year in Laval with a promise that after the season he would be made an assistant coach with the Habs.

If Bouchard said no, then I would offer him an assistant coach position ( or Mullers title, associate coach ?).

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Maybe Bouchard doesn't feel like he belongs with this team culture. Who knows?Maybe he wants a job in the show! Maybe he wants a managerial job! Maybe this chest-bras organisation does not suit him. I mean, I learned today that even frikkin Dom Ducharme is a gym rat.

IMHO, I don't think he's coming back to this organisation. Leaving a guy like that with no contract, while you sign f***ing Martin Lapointe to one, you figure it out.

Oh, and did our Weiser finally explained why he thought Bouchard was bad with youngsters?

I'm perplexed as to why he was left out in the cold after the season.
I think it must have been because he ignored his instructions and played Carey Price 10 minutes too much in that final game of the season.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Can’t blame him if he goes elsewhere. I was hoping he’d stay for another full AHL season, it sucks this one was cut so short.

If he does leave, throw money at Tourigny.

Mudz

David >> Michkov
Sep 11, 2006
Montréal
I think it must have been because he ignored his instructions and played Carey Price 10 minutes too much in that final game of the season.

That has 100% nothing to do with that.

Still curious to see where he'll end up. Like the guy. I feel like he will coach Mtl at some point down the road.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
That has 100% nothing to do with that.

Still curious to see where he'll end up. Like the guy. I feel like he will coach Mtl at some point down the road.
How long would he be willing to wait is the question. Ducharme’s proven himself tbh

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral

Veilleux won't be back. He's off to the DEL in Germany for two years.

And the big news:

Marcotte hears that Bouchard may not be back. It isn't confirmed but he is currently evaluating his options. I'm sure one of them is him returning to Laval.

Oh shit. We can't afford to lose him. Maybe assistant coach with the head club?

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Is there a HC position open in the NHL?

If not, I don’t see why he wouldn't accept an assistant gig with the Habs.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
WTF that is the stupiest shit I've ever heard. Joel seemed happy at Laval developing the guys. He was perfect for us. MB must have been felt jealous of his popularity.

He's doing very well in an extremely important role at the NHL level. But it would seem it's written in the sky that he's destined for "bigger and better things" at the NHL level, whatever that means. He's already in a crucially important role for the organization. I hope we at least show him the money and that he has to leave money on the table to take an NHL job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oryxo and Kimota

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
LP Guy, who is a morning host on 91.9 Sports FM, mentioned that he hears Tourigny will be Arizona's new coach.

If that is true, I can see Joel Bouchard join him there as an assistant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->