HF Habs: Joel Bouchard: The BeauCHar Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I’d trust Weise on this.

knowing who Bergevin likes and his style of management and coach, I’d say Weise is probably spot on.

Weise didn't give any details so we don't know what he is basing this on, but the only thing I could think of is that whatever buttons he is pushing will have a short shelf life, but given that there is so much turnover in the AHL, I'm not even sure that would matter a whole lot.

There is no coach in the world that can please every single player either. It could be that Weise just happens to be in the minority.

What really matters at the end of the day is what the prized prospects think of their experience down there, and whether Bouchard is a guy that they can genuinely say is helping them progress.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Weise didn't give any details so we don't know what he is basing this on, but the only thing I could think of is that whatever buttons he is pushing will have a short shelf life, but given that there is so much turnover in the AHL, I'm not even sure that would matter a whole lot.

There is no coach in the world that can please every single player either. It could be that Weise just happens to be in the minority.
He loved Michel Therrien. So...

Reactions: Paddyjack

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Yeah, Weise pretty much implied that he's the only coach that actually pulled him aside when he got there and gave him a genuine clean slate, so it's no surprise that he liked him.
He's also pretty much the only coach who ever used him in a top 6 role, which got him his one big UFA payday. Heck, the dude should name one of his kids after him, I probably would.

Reactions: dinodebino

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008
I’d trust Weise on this.

knowing who Bergevin likes and his style of management and coach, I’d say Weise is probably spot on.

He gave a pretty honest frank answer. He was asked a question and he gave his opinion. People might not like it but he was there and which immediately gives him credibility.

All the people who want to bash Weise etc, it was MB who hired JB so keep that in mind.

Reactions: dinodebino

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
Did Weise play under Bouchard last season?

I think he did. Maybe he didn't like how he was treated by JB?

Maybe he thought being a veteran gave him certain privileges which he didn't get with JB and its now sour grapes on Weise's part?

:dunno:

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
When you are 20 yo. Maybe these youngs players who believe at the NHL, are maybe more incline to accept the sort of challenge bouchard is offering. After 28 yo and +, you are more like. Calm down coach, don’t need babysittin
Probably, yes.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Lets all be fair though, Bouchard's hyperactive, motormouth style of coaching really is best suited for a farm team environment where he can be a teacher/mentor. He wouldn't be nearly as effective in a jaded, business like NHL locker room.

Reactions: QuebecPride

LePenseur

Nov 5, 2016
Bouchard had to ship Varone, Barber, and another veteran because they did not “ buy in” on his system and started pouting.

if he get promoted and Price, Petry, Gallagher do not “buy in” you are a toasted coach. Works well with kids but not with businessman managing Their careers total income.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
My only comment is that Weise specified that he wouldn't want Bouchard around any of his team's prospects ever. So he's talking specifically about his tactics for developing kids. I'd say the improvements he made with KK, Evans and literally every single prospect this year pretty much proves Weise wrong, no?

Maybe he did mean it wouldn't work on veteran pros, but that's not what he said. He said it'd be damaging to prospects. All evidence appears directly to the contrary.

Reactions: tazsub3

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Lets all be fair though, Bouchard's hyperactive, motormouth style of coaching really is best suited for a farm team environment where he can be a teacher/mentor. He wouldn't be nearly as effective in a jaded, business like NHL locker room.

Unless part of his style is adjust to superstars.

But I agree, some coaches may be good with young players, but not good with pros and/or big superstar egos.

Houle and Mario had no idea how to deal with Roy and Pierre Turgeon, to name a couple examples.

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007
Unless part of his style is adjust to superstars.

But I agree, some coaches may be good with young players, but not good with pros and/or big superstar egos.

Houle and Mario had no idea how to deal with Roy and Pierre Turgeon, to name a couple examples.

Houle and Tremblay have a combined IQ of 37, I feel sorry for them because they both have the cognitive capacity of a potato, I'd rather blame whoever employed them. That Tremblay still gives his opinion around and acts like he knows the modern game is very troubling to me.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This was always my impression too, but this isn't exactly what Weise is saying though.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
This was always my impression too, but this isn't exactly what Weise is saying though.
I'm more incline to see the result with Evans Poehling Ylonen KK then listing Weise who Bach every member of the Habs for I don't why (I mean they are the reason why he had a nice career)

THE HOFF

Sep 26, 2007

"I would not let him anywhere near my prospects"

Its a very disrespectful thing to say if you don't go deeper ie : he's tough on them, puts too much pressure, issues teaching his principles of play ect...

He sounds like a hillbilie trying to convince the village he saw an alien. Sorry to see him fall off a cliff outside of the rink too.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
"I would not let him anywhere near my prospects"

Its a very disrespectful thing to say if you don't go deeper ie : he's tough on them, puts too much pressure, issues teaching his principles of play ect...

He sounds like a hillbilie trying to convince the village he saw an alien. Sorry to see him fall off a cliff outside of the rink too.
Eh, no need to make it personal. Weise is just giving his opinion and the editor made a bad clip out of it to get clicks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad