HF Habs: Joel Bouchard: The BeauCHar Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Yup, there are rumours all over that Tourigny will be named Coyotes new coach and that Joel Bouchard will join him as an assistant coach, which all sucks.

Reactions: Kimota

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
It's horribly stupid. Joel is a guy you keep around. He was our entire players development and he had additional powers as well. I wonder if something happened between him and Bergevin.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Can’t keep someone from being promoted and pursuing their dream

But is being an assistant coach really being promoted? He was more important for us in Laval than he would be in Phoenix. He might have become GM in Montreal sooner than later. They didn't brought up Burrows as assistant cause he was more important than Joel, quite the opposite. I think the Habs had grand plans for him.

Reactions: DAChampion

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
i will wait to see because Bouchard said in the past that he likes to develop the players more than anything else. I could be wrong but i think that Bergevin offered him bigger role that he declined to be in Laval

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Of course it is, its all about going to the show, private plane, 5* hotel and restaurants sure beats eating pizza on the bus and staying at the comfort inn

But he's gonna get that and more soon in Montreal. There are ways to keep guys. He had been given additional power already. I would say to him, stay there two more years and he would get to be involved in the drafting of guys as well. After these two years, he become assistant GM. Then he gets dibs as Head coach if Ducharme goes. And same situation when if Bergevin retires, Joel takes his place. Plus you give him a lot of money.

Reactions: DAChampion

Gyfu

May 16, 2011
LP Guy, who is a morning host on 91.9 Sports FM, mentioned that he hears Tourigny will be Arizona's new coach.

If that is true, I can see Joel Bouchard join him there as an assistant.
Why not name him associate coach for habs instead, assuming he'd stay for the right offer, better position with more "power", Ducharme being a rookie pro coach could use a guy like Bouchard (also a rookie pro coach but with tons of pro experience as a player in various leagues) i don't see why it couldn't work, could be beneficial for both their careers

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
i will wait to see because Bouchard said in the past that he likes to develop the players more than anything else. I could be wrong but i think that Bergevin offered him bigger role that he declined to be in Laval

What sucks about finding a promising coach in the AHL is that he will likely be poached sooner than later. That's just the reality of it.

I think we automatically presume though that these hot commodities in the AHL will automatically convert into nhl success, but it doesn't necessarily work that way.

Eakins, and Boucher are a couple good examples.

Selfishly, I hope Bouchard doesn't get poached, but he's gotta do what he's gotta do.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
But he's gonna get that and more soon in Montreal. There are ways to keep guys. He had been given additional power already. I would say to him, stay there two more years and he would get to be involved in the drafting of guys as well. After these two years, he become assistant GM. Then he gets dibs as Head coach if Ducharme goes. And same situation when if Bergevin retires, Joel takes his place. Plus you give him a lot of money.
it wouldn't surprise me if Bergevin offered him the coach job before he did it to Ducharme. As i said, Bouchard loves to developed players , and he also loves to be around his family . That's why it surprise me that he could be hired to coach another team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad