HF Habs: Joel Bouchard: The BeauCHar Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

we are blessed over the years with our AHL coaches, as I'm sure opposing coaches were also complimenting Lefebvre for having such a well coached team as well. Or so you would think for all the years of shit I took from posters saying how wrong I was about Lefebvre.

Even in the first 2 seasons of Bouchard posters were giving me and a few others shit for pointing out how well coached Laval was under Bouchard and how it looked night and day to the previous group. I was told it didn't matter because he didn't have anyone to work with, yet Bouchard had a bunch of ECHLers in his lineup and they were always tough to play against and looked well coached.

Coach / GM Laval would be music to my ears. For all those clamoring for a Team Prez, the Achilles heel of this org going on 50-years has been amateur scouting & player development - an independent eye focused on amateur development & amateur UFA signings is exactly what this org needs & has needed in forever....not a Team Prez

I do think we need a hockey guy to be president, or at the very least did when they opted to hire a GM with no experience as a a GM. If they had someone like say Gainey as president (i know he likely wasn't ready for that after losing his daughter) but someone with his experience he could have helped MB and maybe we wouldn't have seen so many mistakes over the years.

For me I blame Molson as much as MB for all those shit years.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Marcotte says from what he hears, Bouchard's return as Laval head coach isn't a sure thing at this moment. And that Bouchard is currently evaluating his options.

Reactions: dinodebino

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I’ll say it again! In an expanding league with limited players? You better sure as hell have the best development program in that league. We need to keep this guy at all costs.

Reactions: Habs Icing

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Marcotte says from what he hears, Bouchard's return as Laval head coach isn't a sure thing at this moment. And that Bouchard is currently evaluating his options.

Our best development coach since Bouchard. Hope we keep him, even if we bring him up to assistant coach and send Burrows down as Laval HC.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Head coach in the AHL, developing an organization's young players and prospects, is such an important job.

I wish it had more prestige. I hope it at least pays VERY well.

Reactions: Oryxo and cphabs

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Our best development coach since Bouchard. Hope we keep him, even if we bring him up to assistant coach and send Burrows down as Laval HC.

Ducharme, Richardson, and Burrows, all seem pretty calm with the players.

Bouchard isn't known for that. I wonder how he'd mix with them. Perhaps as an assistant (in the good cop role) it would mix well.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

Bouchard isn't known for that. I wonder how he'd mix with them. Perhaps as an assistant (in the good cop role) it would mix well.
I have no idea but when you find as good a coach as him, you do what you can to keep him IMO.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

I think "peu probable" means "little probability" he'll be back in Laval as head coach, unless the expression isn't to be translated literally.

Reactions: DAChampion

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016

Dont think he would have been able to stay calm in his presser with the end of season we had and as a rookie coach i'm sure it would have rub some vets, Ducharme had the perfect approach wich is ''say as less as you can to the media'' and tell the players what you really think.

I may be wrong but i think Bouchard is right where he should be right now, he did a good job so far, and i dont see him having a long career as head coach in the NHL even less as a GM

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Terrible blow if that happens. And as much as I like the guy, I can't believe we'd keep Burrows instead of him. Can't believe Bouchard would leave that early. Unless it's a head coaching job.

One thing though, if he does leave...as I stated before....keep you eye on Bruce Richardson from the Armada. The guy is doing an incredible job.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Maybe Bouchard doesn't feel like he belongs with this team culture. Who knows?Maybe he wants a job in the show! Maybe he wants a managerial job! Maybe this chest-bras organisation does not suit him. I mean, I learned today that even frikkin Dom Ducharme is a gym rat.

IMHO, I don't think he's coming back to this organisation. Leaving a guy like that with no contract, while you sign f***ing Martin Lapointe to one, you figure it out.

Oh, and did our Weiser finally explained why he thought Bouchard was bad with youngsters?

I'm perplexed as to why he was left out in the cold after the season.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Terrible blow if that happens. And as much as I like the guy, I can't believe we'd keep Burrows instead of him. Can't believe Bouchard would leave that early. Unless it's a head coaching job.

One thing though, if he does leave...as I stated before....keep you eye on Bruce Richardson from the Armada. The guy is doing an incredible job.
How many other head coaching jobs are there available? And with the recent openings, he was never mentioned as a potential candidate. What gives?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
I think the only way he stays is if he takes Richardson's spot because the later is leaving to get the head coach job elsewhere. I think anyway MTL loses at least one of Ducharme, Bouchard, Richardson. If they all stay, i.e. none of them want a head coach job, then Burrows is the odd man out.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I wish him the best if he does decide to move on .Only spot i can see open is Arizona Coyotes...

Maybe Patrick Roy takes over Laval for a year...LOL

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az

I wonder if Bouchard is just reading the tea leaves. With this playoff run they will keep everyone and probably for a least 2 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->