HF Habs: Joel Bouchard: The BeauCHar Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
I know he has his flaws. I think you either like him or you don't. lol
I remember his Académie de hockey McDonald segment on RDS back in the late 2000s. That guy LOVES the game of hockey.
Great teacher and you can tell he gives his dedication to the team is 100%
We'll see how the kids grow, but IMO, they are in very good hands.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Excellent PC from Joel Bouchard today!! It feel so good to finally have someone on the AHL that you can trust to help developing these kids. When you’re in the middle of a rebuild/ retool like we are he’s probaly the most important person in the organization beside MB.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Hopefully having a guy like Bouchard who wants to develop younger players will stop the Habs from rushing young players.

Let guys like Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Ylonen and Fleury develop in the AHL next year playing significant roles for a coach who wants to make them better players.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Good part about his philosophy:

If you want him to be able to do it, then you need, at the right moment, to give him some (opportunity) and know it’s going to come from failing. Do you know how many times I leave a centreman on a D-zone faceoff and I know he’s going to get picked apart by the veteran on the other side? I could change him, and the ref looks at me, and I say, ‘No, and I leave him there,’ and he gets picked apart. I can tell you two times this year, they scored off it.

“But the reality is it’s going to be more harmful to the development of the player to just pull him all the time. I’m going to destroy his confidence, I’m going to kind of showcase him in front of the other guys a little too much. So I need to let him handle it, because if he goes to the NHL, he’s going to have to be able to handle it on an icing or a situation where the coach cannot change him. So, now what do we do? We guide him, we tell him and we work with him.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

If you want him to be able to do it, then you need, at the right moment, to give him some (opportunity) and know it’s going to come from failing. Do you know how many times I leave a centreman on a D-zone faceoff and I know he’s going to get picked apart by the veteran on the other side? I could change him, and the ref looks at me, and I say, ‘No, and I leave him there,’ and he gets picked apart. I can tell you two times this year, they scored off it.

“But the reality is it’s going to be more harmful to the development of the player to just pull him all the time. I’m going to destroy his confidence, I’m going to kind of showcase him in front of the other guys a little too much. So I need to let him handle it, because if he goes to the NHL, he’s going to have to be able to handle it on an icing or a situation where the coach cannot change him. So, now what do we do? We guide him, we tell him and we work with him.

And voila why the right guy is behind that bench.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I thought the best way to develop a prospect was play him in his wrong position, play him with terrible players, tell him to fight, and tell him he'll never be what he is at the NHL level so he might as well not play his game?

And then when they bust, say he was never good in the first place?

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009

So great to know that we have that kind of coach handeling our kids in the AHL!!! Right now he's more important there then with the big club but we will have to promote him soon or we'll loose him like Guy Boucher.. I could see a situation ala Cooper in tbay where in 2-3 years he gets to coach the players he helped develop with the Rockets in the big show.

crosbyshow

Aug 25, 2017
Bouchard is good To develop third and fourth line players...the problem is that he ask everybody To play as a grinder (fourth line player).

He ask his players with talent To shoot the puck at the end zone all the time. Zero creativity and his players dont have any confidence with the puck in the zone entrance.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Bouchard is good To develop third and fourth line players...the problem is that he ask everybody To play as a grinder (fourth line player).

He ask his players with talent To shoot the puck at the end zone all the time. Zero creativity and his players dont have any confidence with the puck in the zone entrance.

The bottom, what you are describing is Claude Julien's system

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

I don't know how much of Laval you watched, but this isn't the case. Dump and chase? Every team has players like that. But players like Kotkaniemi, Hudon, Evans, Brook, Fleury, and Leskinen are a few players who were good in zone entries and carrying the puck.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville

They where alote of futur top 6 in Laval last year ..

Reactions: Habs Icing

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Let him be the GM of the Rocket (senior advisor, director of player personnel, etc). That's a task he knows very well.

Relying on himself. Getting a complete autonomy on the team. Taking his own decisions of who've to assigned or recalled. Building his core (like he wants).

He's more than a simple coach...

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
interesting quotes on Bouchard and Laval from a former Habs video scout that was recently working for the Leafs/Marlies.

I used google translate so if it's wrong feel free to correct,

During the last season, Han was responsible for the full-time video analysis for the Marlies. He had to prepare the team to face the Rocket several times. He admits that it is not always easy to go to war with a training led by Joël Bouchard

"He is a very good coach for setting up a game system," he admits. His teams are very difficult to face. The message that often came to my mind when we played against Laval is that they have a good numerical advantage and, if we let them score the first goal, we are really in the mess, because they are so good at closing play, put pressure, cut the passing lines and decrease your attacking chances. If they score first, they will suffocate you. ”

That said, the Rocket suddenly became much more vulnerable when it pulled from behind and had to force the puck.

"If you force them to take chances, their whole system crumbles a little," says Han. So you have to be disciplined and opportunistic to get an advance. Once you develop momentum and a lead against them, often their resistance will drop. ”

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Thanks for you to be with the Laval Rocket family. I really hope that we gonna make history together. That's all I ask.
upload_2020-6-18_14-5-19.png

Reactions: Doc McKenna

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017

Joël Bouchard : « On y va une journée à la fois » (video)

''On est tellement loin pour moi du côté de la Ligue Américaine de savoir ce qui va arriver et comment on va devoir fonctionner. Ce qu'on réalise avec la pandémie c'est qu'on ne sait pas grand chose dans le sens ou on le vit tous ensemble. On est tous dans le même bateau. Je me dis quand quand on va recommencer du côté de la Ligue Américaine ou dans les autres ligues on aura plus de vécu, on va être capable de s'ajuster et de performer.''

Reactions: Dutronc and Fixxer

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
Keep him at all costs.
I love the tittle of the thread because it's exactly what happend one day in France ; you have the French taxi driver who's running a Quebecer and he was commenting about lot of monuments .

When he told at you right, " c'est un Christ de Bouchardon " and the Quebecer look at his right and said " ouais s't'une Mercedes , un criss de beau char "

St-Sulpice_de_Paris_-_statue_du_Christ_par_Bouchardon.jpg

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I love the tittle of the thread because it's exactly what happend one day in France ; you have the French taxi driver who's running a Quebecer and he was commenting about lot of monuments .

When he told at you right, " c'est un Christ de Bouchardon " and the Quebecer look at his right and said " ouais s't'une Mercedes , un criss de beau char "

View attachment 351628
Thanks, that post is a kind of poetry, I like that mix of genre religious and absurd humour, nice to read that a sunday morning! 10/10. :thumbu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad