News Article: Joe Veleno

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
If he becomes any of those guys at pick 30 thats still really good. Brassard didnt last long but he had 60 points one season, has a 27 goal season as well. Very legit second line center. No one liked Ribeiro because he was a *****e but he had 27 goals and 83 points one season and broke 70 a couple more times as well. Not a fan of Drouin because of his attitude but looks like he'll be at least a 60 point solid second liner for a while.

I think Drouin and Ribeiro had bad attitudes but if Veleno ends up as talented as them with his work ethic/attitude combination, he'll be a very good player for a long time

and LaPointe is kinda a joke of a comparable considering league-wide scoring was literally 25% higher that year than it is now AND he did it in his D+2 year

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Was a big fan last year, had him ranked 11 or 12 I believe. The jump in goal scoring has been a pleasant surprise, but otherwise not too surprised he’s having a strong year.

He’s my type of center. Fast + shifty playmaker, good in all zones.

With Veleno and Larkin doing what they are, I would go for the guy you think this year has the highest offensive upside in the draft. I wonder if we draft a guy like Turcotte or Krebs who have similar traits, or go for someone who brings something else to the table like Dach or Cozens.

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Was a big fan last year, had him ranked 11 or 12 I believe. The jump in goal scoring has been a pleasant surprise, but otherwise not too surprised he’s having a strong year.

He’s my type of center. Fast + shifty playmaker, good in all zones.

With Veleno and Larkin doing what they are, I would go for the guy you think this year has the highest offensive upside in the draft. I wonder if we draft a guy like Turcotte or Krebs who have similar traits, or go for someone who brings something else to the table like Dach or Cozens.

The right-handed shots and fit with what we are building really fits the last two in my opinion.

lhsgolf19

Oct 4, 2016
Birmingham, MI
3 Assists for Veleno today in an 11-1 Win... Sadly, his 7 game Goal Scoring Streak was snapped... 31 Points in his last 9 Games

So his stats as he heads to Juniors

28 Games 22 Goals 32 Assists 54 Points +31... Not Bad

Last edited:

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
The kid needs some media training. He's got a real "uhhhh, ya know..." problem. Once I noticed it I couldn't listen to anything else he had to say

Thanks man... now when I get this cats autograph I'll make sure it reads :"uh...You know, Joe Veleno"

bellringer77

Nov 14, 2017
The kid needs some media training. He's got a real "uhhhh, ya know..." problem. Once I noticed it I couldn't listen to anything else he had to say

I really hope this isn't a huge worry for you. He is pretty much a kid

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
I really hope this isn't a huge worry for you. He is pretty much a kid

*whispers*

he's 18 years old

Yes. Note how I acknowledged that he is a "kid" and offered up a potential solution without attacking him.

It's something people in the public eye need to learn, and considering he dropped about 7 of them in 30 seconds and never slowed down that pace, it could do him some good.

wingerdinger

Oct 21, 2018
I hope he stays super awkward in the media. The NHL needs more personalities, whether that’s awkward dudes or super outgoing dudes. Everyone is exactly the same in interviews and it’s mind numbing
tbf the media do ask extremely dumb questions, so ucant be surprised when u just get dumb answers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad