News Article: Joe Veleno

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
I thought about it too, but is there really room? Mike Green/Trevor Daley/Jonathan Ericsson/Danny DeKeyser/Filip Hronek/Madison Bowey.
That's all without resigning Kronwall, or signing/trading for anyone else, and assuming Cholowski/Kaski don't push for a place in the line-up.

I feel like a lot of things have to go right for Hicketts to be a Red Wing come October. An I guess the lineup might look more realistic like this. Either way the point of the post/line up was to give younger guys bigger roles in the AHL vs coming to the NHL and developing maybe at a slower rate with less ice time and lower roles on the team.

AHL:
Matt Puempel – (A)Carter Camper – Martin Frk
Michael RasmussenJoe Valeneo Filip Zadina
Ryan Kuffner
– Wade Megan – Chris Terry
Givani Smith– Dominic Turgeon – (C)Matthew Ford

Oliwer Kaski
Dennis Cholowski
Vili Saarijarvi – (A)Brain Lashoff
Gustav Lindstrom – Joe Hicketts

Dylan McIlrath

Filip Larsson

Patrik Rybar
Hicketts RFA, Camper UFA, Frk RFA, Megan UFA, & Turgeon RFA do not have contracts for next year at this point. I do not foresee all of them getting signed

Reactions: Snuggs

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
Hicketts RFA, Camper UFA, Frk RFA, Megan UFA, & Turgeon RFA do not have contracts for next year at this point. I do not foresee all of them getting signed

Yeah that's true but they were all assumptions to come back on my part. I don't see the sense in not bring back the three RFA's and play them in GR, the only guy I really really question myself is Wade Megan but Camper had a good season with us last year. I would figure he'd want to stay unless he tries for an over-seas gig or something.

Just spit balling really I don't have a good clue on what the team will look like in GR's mostly because of the younger players who can possibly make the team.

waltdetroit

Jul 20, 2010
Yeah that's true but they were all assumptions to come back on my part. I don't see the sense in not bring back the three RFA's and play them in GR, the only guy I really really question myself is Wade Megan but Camper had a good season with us last year. I would figure he'd want to stay unless he tries for an over-seas gig or something.

Just spit balling really I don't have a good clue on what the team will look like in GR's mostly because of the younger players who can possibly make the team.
I think Camper may be seeking a better situation, in fact maybe all of these prospects are - otherwise I think they'd be locked in already. If they are signed it may be after things shake out after trades/draft/FA's...after camp even. The DRW's have 41 contracts already signed for 19/20.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->