Joe Thornton all time leaders watch.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
No, but it would be really meaningless given the differences in scoring per era.

Not really. Because not even 15 years ago the age most stars retired at was like 36/37. And most of them hung up the skates after hanging around just a lil to long.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
It is scary to think that if thornton didn't miss 120 games due to the lockout in his prime. He could already be at 14th all time in points. And that is just if he was exactly at 1.00 point per game over those 120 games.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It is scary to think that if thornton didn't miss 120 games due to the lockout in his prime. He could already be at 14th all time in points. And that is just if he was exactly at 1.00 point per game over those 120 games.

He may not have even been a Shark either though at least if the 2005 lockout never happened.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
He may not have even been a Shark either though at least if the 2005 lockout never happened.

True but thornton was pretty much a point per game player by the time the 1st lockout happened. And had already shown he could put up 100 point seasons. So even if we say he wasn't traded, thornton still would of gotten the 120 or so points, but he might have lost 10 or so points from the trade season. Since he was on a 115 point pace when he was traded from boston to san jose.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
23 more to go to 1000. With the way he has been playing so far it might end up being hard for him to reach 35 assists on the season.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Jumbo honestly looks done, and that's the biggest reason we probably won't go anywhere this year. Last season was our final chance.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Might as well stop watching, then...it's not as if Thornton started off slow last year and started to heat up in January or anything...

Jwec

Dec 21, 2015
Finland
your posts have crossed the line into straight hating.

How the hell Thornton is done when he is getting great possession numbers and he has been good lately even though he hasn't get much points but that is because Pavs has been unlucky on his scoring chances. Also last season he started slowly and then became the best center of the world after Crosby.

Also I don't get how strong hate Raheem has against Burns. Burns is our franchise Dman and top 5 at his position. Also he was the best Dman of the playoffs.

And on topic I would love to see Jumbo getting 1000 assists during this season. It would also mean a new milestone NHL 17 HUT card and I am considering to buy movember Thornton so it would get an upgrade at it's overall rating if he would reach 1000 assist milestone.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
I'm gonna have to disagree there. My record on everything from Stalock being an ECHL-caliber goalie to calling the Polak/Spaling trade being a disaster the day it was made to saying the Boedker signing was terrible has always proven me right in the end. When it comes to the Sharks, I am simply never wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I'm gonna have to disagree there. My record on everything from Stalock being an ECHL-caliber goalie to calling the Polak/Spaling trade being a disaster the day it was made to saying the Boedker signing was terrible has always proven me right in the end. When it comes to the Sharks, I am simply never wrong.

Gee that's like saying "I knew water was wet therefore I'm right"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad