Joe Thornton all time leaders watch.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
I mean they like to talk about how he's a choker. Not for any actually good reason.

Nah the majority of them changed there minds after the cup run.

Even though couture had the 30 points thornton was still in the running as lots of theres smyth winner.

Nolan11

Mar 5, 2013
On a related note, if we do extend Jumbo and Patty one more year, Marleau is set up to surpass Gordie Howe for the most GP in the history of Hockey. He needs something like 60 more to take over 1st place all time.

Last edited:

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
To put it in perspective how hard it is to get 1500 points. you would have to average 100 points per season over 15 years to reach that total.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
To put it in perspective how hard it is to get 1500 points. you would have to average 100 points per season over 15 years to reach that total.

Then take into account that thornton misses a year and a half of his prime years due to lockouts. And also a rookie season where he played 7 minutes a game and finished with 7 points.

It is pretty amazing and he did it with only 3 100 point seasons.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
On a related note, if we do extend Jumbo and Patty one more year, Marleau is set up to surpass Gordie Howe for the most GP in the history of Hockey. He needs something like 60 more to take over 1st place all time.

If Marleau plays every game the rest of this season in San Jose, he will need to play 33 games next season to surpass Gordie Howe for #1.

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
If Marleau plays every game the rest of this season in San Jose, he will need to play 33 games next season to surpass Gordie Howe for #1.
Will be a damn shame if we don't re-sign him. I'm in the boat where we probably aren't winning it next year just let Thornton and Marleau make the season meaningful by breaking records.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Thornton should come back for 1 more year. Move into 12th all time in points. That way he will stay in the top 15 for at the very least another 20 years since there are only 3 active players that has a realistic shot at moving past him. And those are crosby, ovechkin, mcdavid.

The Ice Hockey Dude

Ack! Thbbft!
Jul 18, 2003
Lost in the SW!
Will be a damn shame if we don't re-sign him. I'm in the boat where we probably aren't winning it next year just let Thornton and Marleau make the season meaningful by breaking records.

Looks like Patty and Jumbo can still play, so i'd resign them for next season. 1M for jumbo, 750k for patty.

I like Pattys game since coming back from the Leaks/Babcock, he's more aggressive on the fore-check and goes to the net a little more.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad