GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
84y21j.jpg

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The thing with Scheifele and Conner is both are still pacing just under 70 points. They've done most of their damage in non 5 on 5 situations though. If the PP picks up and they can get it going 5 on 5 then they will both likely be in the 80 point range.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

Some of this is luck driven (he has an Individual Point Percentage of 100%, meaning he has gotten a point on every goal scored while he is on the ice, most forwards have IPP of around 70 give or take 5%, even McDavid is only in the low 80s on this metric) so expect some regression but he has been very solid for sure. His game isn't flashy but it is effective.

Gil Fisher

Mar 18, 2012
Winnipeg
Some of this is luck driven (he has an Individual Point Percentage of 100%, meaning he has gotten a point on every goal scored while he is on the ice, most forwards have IPP of around 70 give or take 5%, even McDavid is only in the low 80s on this metric) so expect some regression but he has been very solid for sure. His game isn't flashy but it is effective.
Very small sample size, but just stumbled upon it and thought it was worth sharing.

A1/60 is no Guffman, but it's a fun stat nonetheless.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
You think everybody’s getting a hat trick if only we figure out the perfect lines?
No, sure not, but it’s an elephant in the room and I’m not the only one who sees it..
You make a good point that there are lots of other variables involved, but our “4 even lines” approach isn’t going to be an easy moose-hunt.
Expect to see a lot of juggling, even without injuries, before we can feel confident.
I hope Arniel has it in him.

AlaskaJet

Retrieves pucks and ducks
Sep 29, 2017
Olympia, Washington (from Ft. Garry)
The thing with Scheifele and Conner is both are still pacing just under 70 points. They've done most of their damage in non 5 on 5 situations though. If the PP picks up and they can get it going 5 on 5 then they will both likely be in the 80 point range.
Yeah, I agree..but don’t you feel that sticking to the 4-lines idea that we never saw under PoMo wouldn’t be better served by being flexible with whom those two particular great performers are partnered with? Just speaking 5-on-5 here..?

Reactions: Adam da bomb

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015

Obviously there will be regression in IPP, but given the way he passes it's not surprising that he has 6 primary assists in 11 games. He leads the team and is in the top 10 in the league in xG% so that bodes well to keep up the pace. I actually think that he has been unlucky to date, as he has set up a number of grade A chances that were not put in. On top of that, take into account his low amount of ice time compared to top players (13:50/g) and it actually makes sense that he would be up there in A1/60. He is arguably the best passer on the team.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

He'll definitely regress a bit at 5 on 5. But I expect he will start to be deployed more in other situations which will lead to more opportunities to produce points.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
My only comment about the game:

Someday, NHL coaches will realize that, when down by two goals, on the power play, and you have an O-zone faceoff with 5:30 left, it is *BEYOND* correct to pull the goalie before puck drop.

Thankfully, the Coyotes are just as far removed from that wisdom as every other NHL team.

I said it then, I'll say it again: in 30-odd years, we'll realize how right Patrick Roy was as a coach, in the same that it took us decades to realize how right Roger Nielsen was.

abax44

Jan 22, 2005
Off topic here, but does anyone know, is Lucius hurt again? I see he's only played 4 games for the Moose.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
As somebody who didn't want Appleton in the starting lineup; he's been fantastic this season.

Neiderreiter has regained his form the past few games after being a mess the first few. I think he's where he should be lineup wise. That line is crushing it.

Off topic here, but does anyone know, is Lucius hurt again? I see he's only played 4 games for the Moose.
He has a concussion, hopeful for next weekend.

GNP

Here Comes the Jets -look out hockey world !!!
Oct 11, 2016
Winnipeg
Dillon had a great game, and fired a rocket, off the bar and in, for a beautiful goal, and then got another in closer to the net. I like the idea of these big bodied guys going to the net, like Nino as well, and scoring. Hope the Jets resign Nino, as he wants to be here.( important)

Scheifele, Connor, Ehlers and Morrissey should be leading the charge for this team, and I hope they can get their act together, because this team is playing well as a team.

Should add, I'm not sure if Scott Arniel is the right man, to Coach this team in the future, as he doesn't inspire me, but I'll give him a chance and see how he does.

Last edited:

Do or Die

Jun 28, 2011
55 looked bad on the first couple of goals.....but KC is just floating around there. Top line players? Some time one wonders....

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
If we can still win a game without Scheifele and Connor producing and Helly playing just ok that's a very good thing, it's called depth. For years all i read was we only have 2 lines and crap after that and we relied on Helly too much to win games. Well Connor has been awful most games and Helly mediocre and we are in 3rd place in the central. This is a good thing not bad and we are missing a top forward who has basically only played 2 games so far this season.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Scheifele made a bad mistake yesterday but he's playing a way better all around game than last season so far and he's playing with Connor who is playing bad right now. Scheifele is a #1 center.
Yes it's tough when you're the only guy on a line who can retrieve pucks.

Reactions: Jets 31
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad