Post-Game Talk: Jets 5 - Yotes 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Not making excuses for Scheifele but, Connor is like playing short handed out there right now. Yeah he had the bad giveaway but he made some good plays also. KC just sucks so bad defensively 55 and Iafallo get caved lots. SH really with KC on the ice. Split them up and 55 will get better.
Yeah 55 had a bad giveaway but that is a once in a season type play. 81's background levels soft plays and losing coverage is more frustrating. I am trying to be objective with Connor here as I realize once you start noticing nitpicks about a guy's game you can't stop noticing them and maybe overweight them but still. He had one good defensive play tonight that I'll call out where the puck was loose in the slot and no one near and a charging Yote and he poked it away before he could get to it.

It maybe time to split them up till Gabe is back even if it is just to give them a different look.

The problem with breaking up KC and Scheifele is how, neither is going to the 4th line and the 2nd and 3rd are playing pretty well. Ride it out until Vilardi comes back and go from there

3rd line is untouchable. But you could break up the 2nd line. They have been good esp in the advanced stats but not so good that you can't change anything there. It might be worth it to do it for bit even if it just so you have an idea of what that looks like in case you need to try different combinations later in the season due to injury or other reasons.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack7222

ThinIce61

Jul 11, 2018
Fell asleep in the 3rd which is when the Jets decided to wake up. So you're welcome I guess.:D

Nice to see Nino pot 3. He is definitely a must to resign to an extension.

Nice to see Dillon pot a couple as well.

This team really still needs to play a complete 60 minute game and we need Vezina Helle to come out of what to me is an early season slumber.

Reactions: GNP

gojetsgo

Nov 1, 2015
arniel mentioned that toni took the warmup because a bunch of forwards felt off, hope we don't have the flu bug going around like last season

GeorgeJETson

Hnidy probably has us on his no trade list
Sponsor
Sep 30, 2016
More likely the Vegas bug....

Time for the Jets to revisit the free clinic.

868b3163-ba8b-41b8-8053-35fcc45e715b_text.gif

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Yeah 55 had a bad giveaway but that is a once in a season type play. 81's background levels soft plays and losing coverage is more frustrating. I am trying to be objective with Connor here as I realize once you start noticing nitpicks about a guy's game you can't stop noticing them and maybe overweight them but still. He had one good defensive play tonight that I'll call out where the puck was loose in the slot and no one near and a charging Yote and he poked it away before he could get to it.

It maybe time to split them up till Gabe is back even if it is just to give them a different look.

3rd line is untouchable. But you could break up the 2nd line. They have been good esp in the advanced stats but not so good that you can't change anything there. It might be worth it to do it for bit even if it just so you have an idea of what that looks like in case you need to try different combinations later in the season due to injury or other reasons.

We are going to need to get that top line going because the third line isn't going to come close to sustaining the 18% on ice shooting its currently riding. But you ride the hot hand while the top line figures it out. Second line is scoring at a solid rate to date but could also pick it up a tad.

Reactions: Jack7222 and ecolad

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
In no order...

Perfetti Scheif Kup
Connor Vilardi Iafallo
Barron Names Ehlers
Nino Lowry Apples

I'd play LB against the Preds.

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
Recency bias on this board is insane. I am really happy the third line has played so well the last three games but it wasn't long ago that Apples was AHL Apples who everyone wanted to trade., Nino was struggling mightily to make any play or make any pass and Lowry was turning pucks over into the middle of the ice for opposing breakaways or in the midst of a 40 game slump.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Just got back from seeing my mother. She was a little bit bored after the first period, but she really liked the final outcome. My crushed fingers prove it! Well, at least one of the questions from today's GDT was answered: Has El Nino finally turned the table and is ready to explode? After scoring a hat-trick today, I would have to say yes! As for the other one, we will see if @sipowicz remembers to turn his clocks back tonight... My mother gives this game four hat throws out of five...

giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

The Prediction Contest for the game against the B-Lose has been posted, so you can start getting your guesses in. Thanks go to @GeorgeJETson for volunteering to make the GDT for the next game on Tuesday. We are all looking forward to it. See you then...

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Recency bias on this board is insane. I am really happy the third line has played so well the last three games but it wasn't long ago that Apples was AHL Apples who everyone wanted to trade., Nino was struggling mightily to make any play or make any pass and Lowry was turning pucks over into the middle of the ice for opposing breakaways or in the midst of a 40 game slump.
Yup. That’s how it rolls. If you have a couple bad games off with your head. A couple good games let’s get rid of other players because we don’t need them anymore. Everything cycles many times over throughout a season. Just glad professionals run the team even if I often disagree with them.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
This might be a newsflash to some posters here, but rarely is any team going to have all their players on fire and all four lines clicking

It's a long season... the first few games, Schief and KFC carried the team. Now they're struggling and their teammates are there to pick them up, as we used to say

Some games, everyone will be shit and helle will steal a point or two

Stop looking for all the negatives, especially after a win. Schief and Connor struggled... and that's OK because the rest of the team found a way to win

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
This might be a newsflash to some posters here, but rarely is any team going to have all their players on fire and all four lines clicking

It's a long season... the first few games, Schief and KFC carried the team. Now they're struggling and their teammates are there to pick them up, as we used to say

Some games, everyone will be shit and helle will steal a point or two

Stop looking for all the negatives, especially after a win. Schief and Connor struggled... and that's OK because the rest of the team found a way to win
Something like this needs to be posted after every game as there seems this never ending desire by some to attack whatever they think is that day’s weakest link in order to get as much blood in the water as they can possibly get.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad