Former Bruins Jeremy Lauzon

veganbruin

Sep 20, 2013
Boston, MA
I know this is stupid but why is it listed he’s 6’1” everywhere? I saw somewhere last year he was 6’3” and to me it’s obvious that is correct and he’s much closer to Carlos size and he’s taller than Ritchie.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I liked Zboril a bit better early in the year, but lately I've switched horses to Lauzon. He is getting better and better, and is finally showing more poise with the puck. Ideally we keep them both.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
I can't remember seeing a 10 min misconduct added for extra punches or whatever he did. We've seen guys punch the other guy while he was on the ice, punch guys through referees etc. and just get the 5.

Reactions: Dreghorn2

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
I liked Zboril a bit better early in the year, but lately I've switched horses to Lauzon. He is getting better and better, and is finally showing more poise with the puck. Ideally we keep them both.
Louzon had a cup of tea last year. This is Z’s first cup.
They sure are. Suffice to say that no matter what they do, it’s looking like a good D-man is going to Seattle. Yikes.
Trade a pick. Problem solved. Most likely a trade is in their future this year.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Louzon had a cup of tea last year. This is Z’s first cup.

Let's not confuse the facts. Zboril got the first callup in 2018-2019 and he wasn't ready. Lauzon got the 2nd callup and showed he belonged. And that's why he was chosen over Zboril for last season's callup. It's about making the most out of you cup of tea.

Oh, and it's Lauzon.

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Let's not confuse the facts. Zboril got the first callup in 2018-2019 and he wasn't ready. Lauzon got the 2nd callup and showed he belonged. And that's why he was chosen over Zboril for last season's callup. It's about making the most out of you cup of tea.

Oh, and it's Lauzon.
Who do you protect Dom

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Who do you protect Dom

Too early.

Any one of them could fall off a cliff starting tonight and make the decision an easy one. The good news is that Clifton only has to play in 8 more games to meet minimum requirements so they won't be forced to expose someone they don't want to.

I do know they do not want to lose Lauzon. That's a fact. But whether they like him enough to protect him over someone else? Only time will tell

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Oh, and it's Lauzon.
Man, I don’t remember that. I’ll take your word for it. It’s not to say I wasn’t rooting for either. I just thought that both needed a LONG look.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Man, I don’t remember that. I’ll take your word for it. It’s not to say I wasn’t rooting for either. I just thought that both needed a LONG look.

Don't take my word for it. It's easy to look up. You can even do it on CapFriendly. Click on the player and then transactions. You'll see every transaction the team made with that player. But I remember it vividly.

Reactions: PepeBostones

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Too early.

Any one of them could fall off a cliff starting tonight and make the decision an easy one. The good news is that Clifton only has to play in 8 more games to meet minimum requirements so they won't be forced to expose someone they don't want to.

I do know they do not want to lose Lauzon. That's a fact. But whether they like him enough to protect him over someone else? Only time will tell
Thanks

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
As of this very moment... I'm protecting Lauzy for sure.

Here's the thing, you need guys who can do different things. I watch Lauzon and Carlo together on the PK as they are the two guys paired together the most (when Lauzon isn't spending 15 minutes in the penalty box).

I watch those two, their stick positioning and body positioning and how they cover each other seamlessly. When they have their sticks on the ice taking away lanes, it's like their is a mirror and your just seeing a reflection of one of them. To me, it is really impressive the way they work together. One of the top defensive PK pairs in the league.

tonino2424

Sep 28, 2005
When it comes to protecting players, how does it break down when it comes to how many F's, D and Goalies can be protected plz?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Don't take my word for it. It's easy to look up. You can even do it on CapFriendly. Click on the player and then transactions. You'll see every transaction the team made with that player. But I remember it vividly.
No need. I’m not arguing. :laugh:
I remember you being a fan of his when he was drafted. I also remember watching his stats in the offensive side of things. It’s all I could do obviously. But I remember him not just being a defensive defenseman.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
No need. I’m not arguing. :laugh:
I remember you being a fan of his when he was drafted. I also remember watching his stats in the offensive side of things. It’s all I could do obviously. But I remember him not just being a defensive defenseman.

I've always maintained, and still do, He is Brandon Carlo with more physicality and offensive upside. And I usually stay away from player comparisons.

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
Here's the thing, you need guys who can do different things. I watch Lauzon and Carlo together on the PK as they are the two guys paired together the most (when Lauzon isn't spending 15 minutes in the penalty box).

I watch those two, their stick positioning and body positioning and how they cover each other seamlessly. When they have their sticks on the ice taking away lanes, it's like their is a mirror and your just seeing a reflection of one of them. To me, it is really impressive the way they work together. One of the top defensive PK pairs in the league.

100%. I figured Gryz was going to be paired with Mac this year and I remember talking last Feb/March before the shutdown about Lauzy and Carlo having the potential to be a total shutdown pair together. I actually love the Lauzy/Mac pairing, but we get to see what 55 and 25 can do together on the PK and it's beautiful. Both tall, rangy, good skaters, good sticks. Think I even made the comparison that Lauzy is a left shot version of Carlo with more nasty and more offensive upside. I'm a big Gryz fan, and thought keeping him was a lock, but I don't think you can expose Lauzon if he continues to play like this.

Reactions: PepeBostones

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
This is the same guy that couldn't even make the 'honorable mentions' of The Athletics prospect rankings of the second-worst prospect pool in the NHL last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad