Former Bruins Jeremy Lauzon

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
Surprised there hasn't been much Lauzon talk. He has had his struggles to be sure but I like the way he plays with Clifton and if he can limit a few mistakes this can be a very solid 3rd pair. Defense wasn't the problem in game 4 despite losing our best d-zone defender in Carlo.

Reactions: Number6

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Surprised there hasn't been much Lauzon talk. He has had his struggles to be sure but I like the way he plays with Clifton and if he can limit a few mistakes this can be a very solid 3rd pair. Defense wasn't the problem in game 4 despite losing our best d-zone defender in Carlo.
IMO people have been trigger happy on the criticism of Lauzon.

He's a young kid who's, all things considered, handled things well:

- thrown into the whirlpool of a full time NHL D job and stayed largely afloat.
- a whirlpool that consisted of an extremely condensed schedule with little to no team bonding off the ice
- played physical and nasty when needed.
- dealt with two hand injuries.

I think fans have been spoiled of late with so many young kids jumping into full time NHL action, seemingly without missing a beat. Used to take some time for forwards to develop and several years for defenders to grow and mature into a complete player. Not every defender is Charlie McAvoy.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site

I agree that Lauzon hasn't been bad at all. IMO an NHL dman - not top pair but surely top 6.

I did feel like there were too many shifts where our defense turned the puck over or lost puck battles and extended pressure shifts for the Islanders in our zone, so I'n not sure defense wasn't a "problem". That said, those shifts didn't end in goals - in Game 4.

Reactions: 13Hockey

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
He didn't have his own thread?

I'm actually curious as to what folks think.

He looked great on McAvoy's left early in the season. Most wanted him protected over Grzelcyk. But he faltered a bit down the stretch and I think there's a feeling that his upside in impact is limited.

What do folks think his most probable upside is? Is he more Johnny Boychuk or Milan Jurcina in respect to overall roster impact? Could we be looking at letting another Ryan Lindgren go, or is Lauzon more likely a JAG on the bottom pair?

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
He didn't have his own thread?

I'm actually curious as to what folks think.

He looked great on McAvoy's left early in the season. Most wanted him protected over Grzelcyk. But he faltered a bit down the stretch and I think there's a feeling that his upside in impact is limited.

What do folks think his most probable upside is? Is he more Johnny Boychuk or Milan Jurcina in respect to overall roster impact? Could we be looking at letting another Ryan Lindgren go, or is Lauzon more likely a JAG on the bottom pair?

I don't know if he will be as good as Boychuk but I definitely think he's closer to Boychuk than Jurcina. I like his size, toughness and compete level. I think he defends well. On the other side, I don't think he moves the puck well. He's missing those clever little breakout passes that Carlo makes, and too often defaults to rims around the boards or off the glass and outs. I think those things will improve, but I consider him more of a McQuaid than a Boychuk at present (and until he makes those improvements).

LyndonByers

Nov 1, 2006
Hopefully Bruins protect him Over Grzelcyk . Lauzon has more upside physically and can be Much harder to play against then Grzelcyk. I don’t care about puck retrieval skills in a meaningless game in middle of January. I am more concerned with bigger guys who can play a more physical game in the playoffs. Lauzon is younger and can be more physical in the future. Bruins defence needs to beef up.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
No way him over grizz. No way
Didn’t you watch the last couple of rounds of the playoffs?
How many 5’8” defenseman were out there as a top two guy
I’ll take my chances with Lauzon although looks like he will be chosen by Seattle

Reactions: Number6

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
First look at Lauzy in Kraken colours.
03B1893B-E829-4B5E-A6DD-5C72F8585BF2.jpeg

BBBruins

Apr 24, 2017
I just can’t get over the annoyance that the Bruins lost Lauzon. I don’t know why i liked him so much. He only had the tools to be a good defender, the kind that the lineup now needs and his potential.
It is more annoying that Lauzon is now being replaced by 29-year old Forbort with a salary of 3 million. One is developing young and the other is barely developing anymore.
Lauzon is cheaper, plays harder and has more FU in his game.
Winnipeg fans talked about Forbort being one of the league’s softest “tough” players. Great..
But you have to try to get over this because there is nothing you can do about it.
I have to give Derek a chance. He’s not that ideal number #2, 3 or 4D but next to a good defender will hopefully still perform. I guess he played just fine in Los Angeles too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad