Former Bruins Jeremy Lauzon

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Lauzon is going to be a very good defenseman. I’m thinking of a top 4 in the mold of Siendenberg for him. He isn’t impressive in any one aspect but he is solid and dependable. Guys you need in the playoffs

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't care who comes back on d. This kid better stay on top 6. He doesn't belong in the ahl and nothing to prove. He should stay with Carlo when he comes back. What a shut down pair they would be. Trade k. Millar.

Millar of the Red Sox left years ago!:confused:

Prime Seidenberg was a good skater and great puck retriever. I'm talking about the guy we saw before the series of lower body injuries and surgeries. The guy that was playing like 23-26 minutes a night in all situations. I feel like even the washed up Seidenberg was more mobile than prime McQuaid. :laugh:

Absolutely, Seids was a good skater, could play shutdown and an asset to any team on a Stanley Cup path. If that's what we have in Lauzon, (and I feel that we do) Sweeney has hit gold!:thumbu:

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I'd pump the brakes with Lauzon a bit. I'm glad he's had an okay couple games but honestly he wasn't good in Providence and did not earn (probably not fair to say in that terminology I'm sure he works very hard) a call up based on his play. They kind of just need people at this point. The night before he gets called up he makes a couple bad defensive plays and takes an incredible selfish penalty late in the game to cost Providence. Best if he gets a taste. goes back down and has a good camp next year.
I can agree with going back in that the AHL is a great place to learn so much that there's no time for in the NHL. Of course lauzon has warts but he's very young and VERY impressive. IMO he's going to improve exponentially in the next couple years. Furthermore, we can't strip the PB's of all of their talent overnight anyway.

Reactions: Dueling Banjos

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Also is this an accari thread too? :sarcasm:

There is a certain contingent on this board who are so intent on negative posts, they can't help but shoehorn their disdain for other players into a positive thread about a promising young rookie.

Reactions: Agent86

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
There is a certain contingent on this board who are so intent on negative posts, they can't help but shoehorn their disdain for other players into a positive thread about a promising young rookie.

I guess I should make a post like "Lauzon is good but the team will never be okay until we get rid of Back-aches" :laugh: I know just what you mean . . .

Agent86

Jun 20, 2010
Missed it by That Much
I guess I should make a post like "Lauzon is good but the team will never be okay until we get rid of Back-aches" :laugh: I know just what you mean . . .

If you can't beat 'em, join 'em. ;)

Backes is the low hanging fruit or gateway drug entry point into the that exclusive club this year. You reach the pantheon, as we saw a few weeks ago, only when you can twist someone's disagreement of your opinion into a rant on how your (and your fellow 'realists') civil liberties are being trampled. Modern day Elizabeth Cady Stanton, that one.

Reactions: Dr Hook

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I'm bumping this because there is a false narrative that Jeremy Lauzon has "never" shown he can produce offence and I have been correcting people on twitter since last night. Just going to copy it here:

1) Self explanatory
2) 2015 QMJHL defencemen drafted, in order, and the number of goals scored in their draft year
3) 2015 CHL defencemen drafted, in order, and the number of goals scored in their draft year

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Lauzon has been quietly going about his game and putting in solid performances most nights. He looks safe and stable out there, which to me is a HUGE compliment for a defenseman and especially a young one and more so when he does not need to be the man in the pairing to make magic happen. It also looks like his injury stuff might be a thing of the past as well.

I have no idea what his final upside is, but he's definitely still trending upward. I do wish he would shoot more. He has a good shot and the Bruins need more of that from the blueline.

Riley 88

Jan 24, 2020
Between him and Zboril......either or both. They have made Gryz expendable. Plus from what i read about camp i did not see any of it....But from what i read here and there, Vaakanainen was better then Zboril.....Its time to trade Gryz....really it his his 4 million salary i want to get rid of. The guy is a 2 Million dollar player if that. We need to shed that salary....I like Louzan a lot and Zboril looks cool calm and collected...

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Forgot what thread I put this in the yesterday, but thought it'd be good for this thread as well.

upload_2021-1-28_14-40-10.png

Lauzon so far this season (as @DominicT has pointed out) has been shooting with purpose. Wouldn't be shocked to see Lauzon get one in the back of the net soon.

Reactions: Dr Hook and kjpm

Number6

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Lauzon is playing very well since the start of the new season. I am especially impressed by how fast he closes gaps in the defensive zone. Sometimes he is overly aggressive, but I guess with more experience, he will better evaluate and react to each situation.

I hope he will be a Bruin for a long time.

Reactions: BMC

Don Cherry

Sep 28, 2017
Give the kid some love! Beauty of a play/dish to Smith for the game tying goal...also had 4 hits/4 blocks last night... went at Wilson hard quite a few times. Love this kid.
I like most of our kids. Kuhlman and Bjork are not among the ones I like.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I like most of our kids. Kuhlman and Bjork are not among the ones I like.

Kuhlman needs a new organization. Thanks for the SCF goal.

Bjork does a lot of good things. Can't tell if he'll start scoring or not.

I am a big fan of having the bottom of the roster be young guys like Freddy and Bjork vs veteran plugs like Lindholm or Nordstrom.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Kuhlman needs a new organization. Thanks for the SCF goal.

Bjork does a lot of good things. Can't tell if he'll start scoring or not.

I am a big fan of having the bottom of the roster be young guys like Freddy and Bjork vs veteran plugs like Lindholm or Nordstrom.

I agree with the sentiment here, and don’t want to get off topic, but I will say that Nordstrom ended up being a very solid 4th liner for us. Not a plug at all.

Reactions: duffy

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
I agree with the sentiment here, and don’t want to get off topic, but I will say that Nordstrom ended up being a very solid 4th liner for us. Not a plug at all.

Sure. But you already have that in Wagner or the guy behind him in Lindholm.

Fredric and Bjork each give you something else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->