Former Bruins Jeremy Lauzon

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Lauzon is the most recent Bruins dman that I have been super impressed by when they got their chance.

Carlo
McAvoy
Gryz
Vaak

Seriously, the Bruins have NAILED it. Lauzon has been much better than I anticipated for somebody as inexperienced as him coming into the pros.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Terrible gap control on that 4th goal

hopefully he learns from it

he seriously reminds me of a younger Adam Mcquaid (minus the brute plus a little more involved on offense).....size, better than average skating, conservative

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

he seriously reminds me of a younger Adam Mcquaid (minus the brute plus a little more involved on offense).....size, better than average skating, conservative

He is a seriously better skater than McQuaid ever was, or is. Not a terrible comparison to make, but if Adam could skate like Lauzon, he wouldn't be on the Rangers right now.

Reactions: Strafer

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He is a seriously better skater than McQuaid ever was, or is. Not a terrible comparison to make, but if Adam could skate like Lauzon, he wouldn't be on the Rangers right now.

Eh?? A younger Mcquaid was a better than average skater

Its not like Lauzon is exceptional

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
Lauzon does everything well. If it wasn’t for injuries he would have been here sooner.

He will never be spectacular but with health (knock on wood) he will be a solid 4/5 on a good team.

Bergyesque

Been there, done that.
Mar 11, 2014
Laval, QC, Canada
Eh?? A younger Mcquaid was a better than average skater

Its not like Lauzon is exceptional

Honestly, I don't remember McQuaid as being fleet-footed at all, and if there is one area where Lauzon would be better than him, it's precisely this one!

Anyhow, true, Lauzon is not exceptional, he doesn't seem to have one special skill. You could find a lot of D-men having at least one better skill than him.
That being said, I think he is pretty competent in all areas of the game.
Unless injuries derail his progression, his ceiling should be a pretty dependable D-man, able to play the role asked of him on the 2nd pairing.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
with Lauzon, McAvoy and Carlo (hopefully stays healthy) .... I think the Bruins have a good succession plan for Chara eventual departure

Lauzon at 6'3 with good size/strength, reach and take care of business at the backend department....has been a pleasant surprise

Last night kudos with the potential game saving dive puck punch out of the open net play

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI

If you are going to compare him to a former Bruin, I think Seidenberg is more apt. Similar body type with wide frame. LHD. Ability to play both sides. Physical in corners and front of net. Good first pass. Can jump up on the rush and actually make plays at the blueline when given space (Though isn't going to create it like someone like Krug/Grizz). Also think he can run point on a 2nd PP unit. Would really like to see him develop that side of his game in Providence this year. He has it in him.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
If you are going to compare him to a former Bruin, I think Seidenberg is more apt. Similar body type with wide frame. LHD. Ability to play both sides. Physical in corners and front of net. Good first pass. Can jump up on the rush and actually make plays at the blueline when given space (Though isn't going to create it like someone like Krug/Grizz). Also think he can run point on a 2nd PP unit. Would really like to see him develop that side of his game in Providence this year. He has it in him.

yes...except Seidenberg was SLOW as SLOW

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
yes...except Seidenberg was SLOW as SLOW

Prime Seidenberg was a good skater and great puck retriever. I'm talking about the guy we saw before the series of lower body injuries and surgeries. The guy that was playing like 23-26 minutes a night in all situations. I feel like even the washed up Seidenberg was more mobile than prime McQuaid. :laugh:

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Hey guys, saw Lauzon for the first time and was super impressed! Think this kid just needs to stay up in the NHL for a few weeks now and really get in a groove. If they can nurture his confidence now then I don’t think he’ll ever be sent down after that, kid looks like a keeper (and a real gem of a second round pick).

roflstomper

Barzal/Connor/Konecny
Sep 28, 2010
Rhode Island
I don't care who comes back on d. This kid better stay on top 6. He doesn't belong in the ahl and nothing to prove. He should stay with Carlo when he comes back. What a shut down pair they would be. Trade k. Millar.

I'd pump the brakes with Lauzon a bit. I'm glad he's had an okay couple games but honestly he wasn't good in Providence and did not earn (probably not fair to say in that terminology I'm sure he works very hard) a call up based on his play. They kind of just need people at this point. The night before he gets called up he makes a couple bad defensive plays and takes an incredible selfish penalty late in the game to cost Providence. Best if he gets a taste. goes back down and has a good camp next year.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
I'd pump the brakes with Lauzon a bit. I'm glad he's had an okay couple games but honestly he wasn't good in Providence and did not earn (probably not fair to say in that terminology I'm sure he works very hard) a call up based on his play. They kind of just need people at this point. The night before he gets called up he makes a couple bad defensive plays and takes an incredible selfish penalty late in the game to cost Providence. Best if he gets a taste. goes back down and has a good camp next year.
Well that pumped the brakes by burning rubber to those who have been extolling Lauzon as a NHL ready defenseman. Do you think his performance since he was called up is an aberration and will not continue?

Tampbear

Apr 10, 2015
Tampa
He did well in Providence, I think that conclusion was came to by somebody stating Divver said it should have been Zboril, when in reality Divver said it could have been either one since both were playing well. I believe it was Saxon Eric commenting on his play early in the year claiming that he was the best defenseman on the ice some nights in Providence. Lauzon is almost certainly going to be a solid NHL player for a long time, I don't know why it has to be such a competition and people can't accept that we have a number of good defensive prospects.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad