Former Bruins Jeremy Lauzon

kjpm

May 28, 2011
He's getting so good, improving every single game still. I can't remember him getting outmuscled in a puck battle all year, he is insanely strong on the puck and pushes most forwards around with ease. Great physicality, tough as nails, good decision making with the puck. I think his offense is coming, he's shown flashes but he has even more to offer.

He's just a complete package. If I'm Donny I do what needs to be done to protect him from Seattle, one way or another.

Reactions: PepeBostones

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
This guys a stud. Big strong and violent. Playing other teams top guys. Doesn’t look out of place. Who drafted this gem? :sarcasm: The same guy a large group of bruins fans have been advocating for him to be fired...

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Hello all, I rarely if ever visit opposing teams sites. But I couldn't help not expressing how impressed I've been with Lauzon's play in the two games against the Isles. Smart reads, positioning and consistently winning pucks. A rock solid subtle game that reminds me of the Islanders Adam Pelech.

BruinsNetwork

Jan 8, 2021
Hello all, I rarely if ever visit opposing teams sites. But I couldn't help not expressing how impressed I've been with Lauzon's play in the two games against the Isles. Smart reads, positioning and consistently winning pucks. A rock solid subtle game that reminds me of the Islanders Adam Pelech.

Thanks for stopping in. Lauzon praise is the best praise. The kid can flat out play and defend against the best of them.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
35% cf, 35% hf, 16.67% GF, 21% scf, 27% hdcf

His numbers when not getting carried by McAvoy.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Pia with the bomb!! Dropping stats with no context.

Here's Charlie's numbers with each partner

McAvoy.PNG

Lauzon isn't a first pair d-man, but he was asked to be one. He was to be the safety net defensively so Charlie can play his game. The eye test (yes the eye test) will tell you that Charlie has not been Charlie the last couple of games because he is "carrying" everyone else.

And now, we have to bring in Jarred Tinordi?

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

View attachment 401223

Lauzon isn't a first pair d-man, but he was asked to be one. He was to be the safety net defensively so Charlie can play his game. The eye test (yes the eye test) will tell you that Charlie has not been Charlie the last couple of games because he is "carrying" everyone else.

So you don't see an issue where Charlie's numbers are similar with and without Lauzon where as Lauzon craters without Charlie.

Yours just shows Charlie is a great partner for everyone on the team.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

View attachment 401223

Seems like Tinordi is here to replace the toughness lost by Miller, no? I mean, he's certainly not here because he's good at hockey or anything...:naughty:

Reactions: Pia8988

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

First off, I have returned from my absence, but slowly. Thanks to those that reached out. Thank heaven there weren't as many here as on twitter, so I was able to respond to all of you.

Got a lot of catching up to do. I just want to say it wasn't COVID related as @CHRDANHUTCH said. I won't get into it now, maybe at a later time.

But before I go to the Bjork thread with a WTF moment, (maybe tomorrow) I wanted to come back to this post.

McAvoy 1.PNG

It appears as though McAvoy isn't taking as many chances offensively when he's not with Lauzon. Or maybe, they don't want him too ?? ...??

FYI - I left out the Tahoe game because Lauzon only played 34 seconds.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
First off, I have returned from my absence, but slowly. Thanks to those that reached out. Thank heaven there weren't as many here as on twitter, so I was able to respond to all of you.

Got a lot of catching up to do. I just want to say it wasn't COVID related as @CHRDANHUTCH said. I won't get into it now, maybe at a later time.

But before I go to the Bjork thread with a WTF moment, (maybe tomorrow) I wanted to come back to this post.

View attachment 411538

It appears as though McAvoy isn't taking as many chances offensively when he's not with Lauzon. Or maybe, they don't want him too ?? ...??

Good to see you're doing better now.

I think his best partner is Gryz and honestly it's not close for me. You're numbers also seem off to me

I have Gryz-McAvoy at 72% SF%. CF is 63.21 and FF is at 65.68%.

Chance wise they blow the other pairs out of the water too. 61 SCF/35 against in 113 minutes versus only only 88 SCF in 195 for Lauzon. McAvoy's individual numbers be down, but the Bruin numbers overall are way up with that pairing. If they Bruins decide to protect Lauzon over Gryz they're certifiably insane.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Seems like Tinordi is here to replace the toughness lost by Miller, no? I mean, he's certainly not here because he's good at hockey or anything...:naughty:
Seems to me TiRex came in for Carlo. Or Sweeney has been waiting a life time to get him.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Good to see you're doing better now.

I think his best partner is Gryz and honestly it's not close for me. You're numbers also seem off to me

I have Gryz-McAvoy at 72% SF%. CF is 63.21 and FF is at 65.68%.

Chance wise they blow the other pairs out of the water too. 61 SCF/35 against in 113 minutes versus only only 88 SCF in 195 for Lauzon. McAvoy's individual numbers be down, but the Bruin numbers overall are way up with that pairing. If they Bruins decide to protect Lauzon over Gryz they're certifiably insane.
I disagree that gryz should be protected over lauzon. I like gryz. But lauzon is younger cheaper and more violent :p.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner

View attachment 411538

Great to have you back and I hope all is well now :)

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
and a worse player

Thankfully the Bruins coaches and front office understand a lot more about how good Matty is than certain fans who only judge players on size and physicality or at best cannot get past the fact that he's 5'9" and not built like a truck.

Reactions: The National

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
and a worse player
You think so? Gryz has a really high hockey iq, Incredible vision, really nice hands, high level skating. The only issue to me is he doesn’t have a slap shot and he is too small. He is actually a really good hockey player.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
You think so? Gryz has a really high hockey iq, Incredible vision, really nice hands, high level skating. The only issue to me is he doesn’t have a slap shot and he is too small. He is actually a really good hockey player.

I'm pretty sure he meant Lauzon was a worse player

Reactions: Kegs

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007

View attachment 411538

Really pleased to see you back Dom. Just posted I was rooting for Tinordi. Rooting for you too!:thumbu::thumbu::thumbu:

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad