Former Bruins Jeremy Lauzon

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I just can’t get over the annoyance that the Bruins lost Lauzon. I don’t know why i liked him so much. He only had the tools to be a good defender, the kind that the lineup now needs and his potential.
It is more annoying that Lauzon is now being replaced by 29-year old Forbort with a salary of 3 million. One is developing young and the other is barely developing anymore.
Lauzon is cheaper, plays harder and has more FU in his game.
Winnipeg fans talked about Forbort being one of the league’s softest “tough” players. Great..
But you have to try to get over this because there is nothing you can do about it.
I have to give Derek a chance. He’s not that ideal number #2, 3 or 4D but next to a good defender will hopefully still perform. I guess he played just fine in Los Angeles too.

Well, the choice was Lauzon or Grzelcyk. Not Lauzon or Forbort.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I strongly feel the Bruins and the Bruin fan base will regret the choice that was made keeping Grzelcyk overLauzon. For years to come
They’re both fairly replaceable players, Lauzon even more than Grzelcyk.

Lauzon was a bottom pairing defenseman, they shouldn’t be that hard to come by. If you think his ceiling is much higher than that then I guess that’s a different conversation.

I think people around here get enamored with his style of play more than anything.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I strongly feel the Bruins and the Bruin fan base will regret the choice that was made keeping Grzelcyk overLauzon. For years to come

In what sense? Lauzon is good at what? Bruins are trying to win now, having to watch Lauzon play with training wheels on cost us that series against the Islanders.

He can learn on the job in Seattle.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Remember when everyone said he wouldn’t crack Seattle’s top 6… :rolleyes:

He's getting destroyed out there. It's not entirely his fault but chances against when he's on the ice are happening at a 2 to 1 ratio during his 16 minutes of ice time. I liked Lauzon and I hope he finds his way, but right now playing bottom pairing minutes for an expansion team that leaks chance after chance while he's on the ice isn't a great resume look.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
He's getting destroyed out there. It's not entirely his fault but chances against when he's on the ice are happening at a 2 to 1 ratio during his 16 minutes of ice time. I liked Lauzon and I hope he finds his way, but right now playing bottom pairing minutes for an expansion team that leaks chance after chance while he's on the ice isn't a great resume look.
yeah.
if you have been watching the Kraken game. Lauzon has been bad.
its amazing hes only a -2.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Why? Lauzon isn’t as good. He hits a lot. But his defensive game isn’t as good. Gryz is super smart with soft hands and great vision. His skating is next level too. If u look at the advanced stats gryz is one of the better 5v5 defenders in the whole league. Lauzon has pretty bad advanced stat numbers. Don’t get me wrong either. Lauzon is really nice and I like the physical game he brings. I just really do think gryz is by far the better player.

Reactions: inactive user

inactive user

Aug 20, 2020
Why? Lauzon isn’t as good. He hits a lot. But his defensive game isn’t as good. Gryz is super smart with soft hands and great vision. His skating is next level too. If u look at the advanced stats gryz is one of the better 5v5 defenders in the whole league. Lauzon has pretty bad advanced stat numbers. Don’t get me wrong either. Lauzon is really nice and I like the physical game he brings. I just really do think gryz is by far the better player.
I agree, I like Lauzon but Gryz is miles better than him. He’s so underrated on this board.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006

Gryz's turns and shiftiness are as good as almost anyone in the league. It's a pleasure to watch that guy shake people and turn them around. In the first game it looked even better than last year.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
And when those turns & shiftiness don't work during the playoffs he gets pounded and his play suffers accordingly.

Those moves don't stop working in the playoffs though. He doesn't need to get smashed, I agree, because the laws of physics are against him there, but he is still effective. And being head hunted by that scumbag Barbashev in the 19 SC was not his fault- even giants like Carlo, Wilson, Lindros etc. get taken out by shit like that.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
They’re both fairly replaceable players, Lauzon even more than Grzelcyk.

Lauzon was a bottom pairing defenseman, they shouldn’t be that hard to come by. If you think his ceiling is much higher than that then I guess that’s a different conversation.

I think people around here get enamored with his style of play more than anything.

I agree. I honestly didn't like Lauzon as much as some others on the board. I think in any given year there half a dozen similar players available via FA and a fairly common commodity in the draft.

Root

Feb 22, 2010
The asking price was a second rounder and as much as I believe Lauzon will be a solid defender once he fully develops - gets experience - I am NOT giving up a second rounder in the 2022 draft. No way, no how.

But I don't run the Bruins so there's that.

Just wondering...was it a 2nd round pick at the time of the expansion draft or did they circle back to Seattle after the expansion draft? Asking because I remember that Quebec based website had a rumor that the Bruins were looking to reacquire Lauzon a couple weeks after the expansion draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad