Jeremy Colliton thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Bowman's seat has to at least be warm right now. I don't even think he's done a horrible job or anything. His hands are tied because of Keith and Seabrook's deals. I think the Seabrook mistake is going to end up costing Stan his job. I like a lot of what they've done through the draft, but I know it's unlikely scouts remain through a regime change.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Bowman's seat has to at least be warm right now. I don't even think he's done a horrible job or anything. His hands are tied because of Keith and Seabrook's deals. I think the Seabrook mistake is going to end up costing Stan his job. I like a lot of what they've done through the draft, but I know it's unlikely scouts remain through a regime change.

We cry too much about the scouts, tell me a success on this team drafting wise in the last few years that’s not duplicated in most of the league? The entire defense on this team right now has zero young drafted players on it, and I am not talking “up and coming and potential in the pipe line”, I am talking right now on the team. What about offense? What do we have that’s drafted other than Cat? All this talk about great drafting and there is none on the roster to be seen for miles, Schmaltz was traded for Strome? He’s doing barely ok now and God knows what. Joker got traded, we got Nylander and that’s another project. There is nothing concrete here. This teams needs changes and that starts with Stan the Man.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
How many games are left in the season?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL

Dude, just stop.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
This is the Colliton thread not the Bowman thread. I guarantee even if a GM change is coming, it will not happen until after the season so we can leave that to rest for now.

I doubt Colliton has a full season to figure it out. Even if it’s not entirely his fault, he’ll be the first to pay if the slow start gets out of control.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

Another one? Keith’s deal is not impacting this team. Seabrook? Sure but Keith is still on a good deal.

The solution with Seabrook is simple for now, sit him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Another one? Keith’s deal is not impacting this team. Seabrook? Sure but Keith is still on a good deal.

Seabs does need to sit, but you're not getting an upgrade by icing Koekkoek instead. Also it's too early to call up any of the Rockford kids.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I wouldn’t play KK, I would call up Holm or Boqvist.
Holm isn't waiver exempt so I think they only call him up if KK were to get traded.

I dunno about Boqvist. I just don't think he's ready yet. The problem with our blueline right now is defending, and Boqvist isnt going to be of much help in that area. I'd call up Beaudin before Boqvist tbh.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Holm isn't waiver exempt so I think they only call him up if KK were to get traded.

I dunno about Boqvist. I just don't think he's ready yet. The problem with our blueline right now is defending, and Boqvist isnt going to be of much help in that area. I'd call up Beaudin before Boqvist tbh.

Boqvist fixes 2 issues: he skates well which is Seabrooks issue (he will be no worse defensively) and he can run PP2.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
How do people still not grasp the fact that the forwards on this team are the biggest problem, defensively? Your D account for covering two out of five guys. Could the D be better? Sure. But aside from Seabrook, most of the defensemen are doing their f***ing job. They are defending against their man. The breakdown in the defensive zone is almost ALWAYS a result of the forwards, and their lack of engagement, puck retrieval, and defensive awareness. Nine times out of ten the breakdown happens cycling low to high. Hawk wingers are a f***ing abomination in the defensive zone. I see stronger defensive play from the wingers in beer league most nights. Until they realize defense is a FIVE MAN EFFORT, no amount of swapping defensemen is going to make a damn bit of difference. The entire NHL now operates as a five man offense, and until you start defending as a five man defense, you are going to get your ass kicked. Period.

When half your forwards are defensively inept puck watchers, or cherry pickers, what do you expect? Teams aren't succeeding because of their defensemen. They are succeeding because their defensemen are adequate, and all of their forwards know their f***ing job, on both sides of the ice.

There was a tactical shift in hockey over the last several years, and the Hawks' players have not adjusted. Gone are the days of blowing the zone early, stretch passes, and waiting for your D to give you the puck. Because almost every defenseman on the ice now is jumping into the offense, and if you're playing offense before you have the puck, you're getting smoked.

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
Penguins, Kings, Blues all made a dramatic turnaround when the early season switch occurred.

clock is ticking for JC...

Marc Crawford will step in as interim coach. You heard it here first!

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
How do people still not grasp the fact that the forwards on this team are the biggest problem, defensively? Your D account for covering two out of five guys. Could the D be better? Sure. But aside from Seabrook, most of the defensemen are doing their ****ing job. They are defending against their man. The breakdown in the defensive zone is almost ALWAYS a result of the forwards, and their lack of engagement, puck retrieval, and defensive awareness. Nine times out of ten the breakdown happens cycling low to high. Hawk wingers are a ****ing abomination in the defensive zone. I see stronger defensive play from the wingers in beer league most nights. Until they realize defense is a FIVE MAN EFFORT, no amount of swapping defensemen is going to make a damn bit of difference. The entire NHL now operates as a five man offense, and until you start defending as a five man defense, you are going to get your ass kicked. Period.

When half your forwards are defensively inept puck watchers, or cherry pickers, what do you expect? Teams aren't succeeding because of their defensemen. They are succeeding because their defensemen are adequate, and all of their forwards know their ****ing job, on both sides of the ice.

There was a tactical shift in hockey over the last several years, and the Hawks' players have not adjusted. Gone are the days of blowing the zone early, stretch passes, and waiting for your D to give you the puck. Because almost every defenseman on the ice now is jumping into the offense, and if you're playing offense before you have the puck, you're getting smoked.
I don't disagree. The forwards in their own zone are a huge problem.

Last edited:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Penguins, Kings, Blues all made a dramatic turnaround when the early season switch occurred.

clock is ticking for JC...

Marc Crawford will step in as interim coach. You heard it here first!
It is concerning that other teams could turn it around so quickly, yet not much has changed here in 70ish games. Makes me think it's a roster issue and not a coaching issue.

Still willing to give it more time, but excuses are running thin right now.

Njfj

Feb 14, 2015
I don’t like Seabrook’s contract more than anyone else, but how is he the one taking a beating so far this season? Apart from 1 bad turnover he and Matta have looked very serviceable. Gus is my whipping boy. He has been dreadful throughout each game this year and not providing any of the offensive spark he was previously capable of. Trade him and call up Holm to play with DeHaan.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
I absolutely 109% agree with Pez68...the defensive anpnonation in our d-zone is mostly due to horrible coverages reads and checking flaws by our Forwards...they chase and do not get pucks back...their board play does not get pucks out when most teams do that to a much hreaterxsiccess ratecon clearing and carrying out after a board battle win.. theycarexslow to get to and to stay with their checks..It is and has been a huge problem for several years now.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL

It isn't just Keith, it's the entire core 4 from the Hawks run. They all (except Keith) have bloated cap hits and the team really can't move forward until they're off the books. Toews and Kane really need to get their act together, and the Hawks need more defensively responsible forwards. Honestly if they could have gotten Mark Stone in a trade last year that would have helped more than anyone else.

Reactions: vshun

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Can’t squeeze blood out of a turnip. Colliton did a good job making adjustments and getting the team ready to play last night. He isn’t the issue.

So why did JC have Gus killing a penalty? It only takes one mistake to cost a goal against and that's what happened last night.

There comes a time when he needs to read the riot act and Kane needs an earful. I can only imagine what Nylander was thinking sitting in the press box and watching Kane put on that show.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
So why did JC have Gus killing a penalty? It only takes one mistake to cost a goal against and that's what happened last night.

There comes a time when he needs to read the riot act and Kane needs an earful. I can only imagine what Nylander was thinking sitting in the press box and watching Kane put on that show.
Agreed. Toews needs to get his ass in gear as well. The failings this year aren't on anyone but Kane, Toews, DeBrincat and Strome. Those four are counted on to make offense happen and they're not getting the job done. The forwards either are lazy or don't know their assignments in their own zone. I've never seen Toews make a mistake defensively like he did on the tying goal last night before. That was just weird. When Toews is making that kind of mistake, to me that says that he's not engaged. It seems these guys aren't ready to play mentally right now. Maybe they have no faith in the coaching, idk?

TheSting

Jun 22, 2015
I absolutely 109% agree with Pez68...the defensive anpnonation in our d-zone is mostly due to horrible coverages reads and checking flaws by our Forwards...they chase and do not get pucks back...their board play does not get pucks out when most teams do that to a much hreaterxsiccess ratecon clearing and carrying out after a board battle win.. theycarexslow to get to and to stay with their checks..It is and has been a huge problem for several years now.

It's not the strength of the team. Go 5 forwards, 1 D man I say...push the pace, look to outscore teams 12-10

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad