Jeremy Colliton thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Figured it was time to fire this up (Q and Savy had threads , I assume Yawney and Sutter had them before my time here as well)

We were told that Hawks would thrive now that they had a full camp under him

Yet here we are with our D a trainwreck and our PK possibly worse then last year

At what point do we start holding our coach responsible for this mess?

Reactions: UncleElroy1224

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Figured it was time to fire this up (Q and Savy had threads , I assume Yawney and Sutter had them before my time here as well)

We were told that Hawks would thrive now that they had a full camp under him

Yet here we are with our D a trainwreck and our PK possibly worse then last year

At what point do we start holding our coach responsible for this mess?

You should add a "yes or no" fire poll to this so you can have it as a temperature check. Allow people to change their vote too.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Far too early to call for his firing, but it'll be a good place to discuss issues people have with him, and the positives he brings.

giphy.gif

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
It was perplexing to finally see a functional 3rd line last evening, only to have JC split it up. Shades of Q.

All in the name of trying to get Toews and Kane going. Split up Toews and Kane before you break up the one line that's actually not just working, but dominating.

I hated that move.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
As a reminder, last night's loss means we're now NHL ".500" under JC (in reality, below .500 if you go straight wins and losses). So not... awful, as one might think, but not good, either. Too early to tell from that.

Been very much less than thrilled with our D and especially PK, but how much of that is the system and how much of that is on the players? Definitely a combo of two, maybe leaning more towards the system in my head.

Finally, not a fan of personnel decisions. I still stand by the idea that he handled Joker poorly last year, still makes the same mistake using Seabs and Keith in wrong situations and/or too much, and yesterday's decision to split up the red hot Kubalik line made no sense.

But this is his first full campaign with the team, so still too early to really pass significant judgement. Lots and lots of room for improvement though, so we better see a lot of it in the coming weeks and months.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
way to early to judge. the d core is still very underwhelming. the stats are continuing to pile up that maybe his system wont work with the d core we have right now tho.

Reactions: Pez68 and Muffinalt

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
I'd be surprised if he was cut before Stan (and I think Stan had a really good summer).

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I'd be surprised if he was cut before Stan (and I think Stan had a really good summer).

Assuming worst case scenario, I'd think they'd be both cut at the same time to let the new guy have his own guy. Or, at the very least, I'd hope that'd be the case if that happened (I'd prefer they both stay on and we win multiple cups in the next decade).

Even if this year's a stinker, my gut would be that the 2020-21 campaign would be the deciding point.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
When it comes to Lehner/Crawford he should handle it like Q handled Huet/Khabibulin and the better goalie gets the role as #1 as season progresses and hopefully we head into playoffs with the better goalie in #1 position

Reactions: KennyWharramPeace

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
When it comes to Lehner/Crawford he should handle it like Q handled Huet/Khabibulin and the better goalie gets the role as #1 as season progresses and hopefully we head into playoffs with the better goalie in #1 position
Lol yes if Crawford turns into Huet JC should do the genius Q move of playing the goalie that doesn’t suck.

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Hawks brass will give him until at least December, unless they really go on a losing streak.
Come on JC, we're all hoping for your success.

Two games played:
0-2
9 goals against.

Not a good look brother.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Just my opinion: I'm not happy with Colliton right now but I'm willing to give him until some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas to adapt(meaning: change his D system) if he doesn't, then he gets whacked sometime in December. Sometimes when things are as bad as they are you have to adapt. It's on Colliton to do so.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Colliton is a stiff, an ironing board, a cadaver. I didn’t have huge expectations for this season but I did expect much more effort and execution in our own end of the ice and a better effort on the PK. After two games it looks the same or even worse. I think many in here overrate the personnel on this team and continue to do so, they just are not a very good group if they get manhandled like they do. Coaching is a factor but these guys are not robots, they should know how to defend better individually in their own end. They are collectively soft and lack energy.

Colliton and his yuppy buddies are borderline useless with a team of established but unmotivated vets. How can Jeremy Colliton and Sheldon Brookbank instruct guys like Jonathan Toews and Duncan Keith? Colliton shows zero emotion, looks like he is scared shitless. He didn’t even have the stones to sit Crawford because it was a home opener.

Spineless and clueless. Bowman wanted him in there, I blame him as much as anyone.

Fortyfives

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2011
I’m not a hockey’s system expert by any means, but it looks like his system would work better with speedy defensemen and the hawks have the slowest cores in the league.

Am I wrong assuming that?

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
Im also thinking December, and if things havent gotten substantially better, theyll let him go.

I think Bowman gets one more coaching change. Hes been drafting well and his last few trades seem to have been wins. He should get more than one coaching change before they can him.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Just my opinion: I'm not happy with Colliton right now but I'm willing to give him until some time between Thanksgiving and Christmas to adapt(meaning: change his D system) if he doesn't, then he gets whacked sometime in December. Sometimes when things are as bad as they are you have to adapt. It's on Colliton to do so.
upload_2019-10-11_11-25-56.gif

You just said in the other thread that you’re nearing calling for his firing and that he should only get three more games.

Reactions: d rake

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
View attachment 263323

You just said in the other thread that you’re nearing calling for his firing and that he should only get three more games.
Not to mention you can’t just change a D system. I don’t think it’s going to work at any rate but we have to give it a chance.

Colliton will be gone after this year at any rate if these things aren’t done quickly.

Seabrook having his minutes severely decreased and eventually benched. Keith being taken off the powerplay. The penalty kill not being a complete joke. Unnecessarily blending lines. Lehner being named the starter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->