Jeremy Colliton thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Joki never had that kind of value.

But yeah, we'd need to make some cap adjustments. But I'm thinking Stan will work on the roster to bring in more defensive forwards anyway next off-season (if the trends continue this year), including some cap shifts.

No Stan will not be doing anything, he will be fired latest by the year end...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
If only the mhl us to send the e.ntire squad of Hawks down to Rockford "for conditioning"...cause obviously they are all incapable of playing hard for all 3 periods...we have our usual 2nd period stinker let up...and depending on whether period 1 was also doggy poo too or whether that was our good period ,period 3 will then either be the average period of the three or the sag and surrender period if period 2 was the average period,or the catch-up but just fail to tie it up period if we had our stinker and a erage period in the periods before the 3rd period.

Bottom line..this teammust be. Out of condition be cause they seem not capable of exerting hard for all 3 periods...so

Either a Conditioning issue of not enough stamina to go hard(like other teamscN) for 3 periods....OR a psych issue of too many guys not buying into the mission and only willing to show up and work for 1 period out of every 3
..IF it is a conditioning issue then fire Paul Goodman our hyped and vaunted strength and conditioning guru..but if it is a psych problem,fire JC for faikure to motivate and bring in a shrink...because these guys tell us they want back in a Cup chase ,but they sure do not play like they really mean it..

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
The ONLY thing Nylander should be thinking is how am I NOT going to eff up this opportunity.

I wouldn't worry much about a superstar if I were him.

A lazy superstar is certainly no role model for a skilled guy watching from the press box trying to get some respect.
As a coach in your own rite, I'm surprised that you condone what we are seeing from Kane on a regular basis. He shows up for a few shifts and that seems enough for those mesmerized by him.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
A lazy superstar is certainly no role model for a skilled guy watching from the press box trying to get some respect.
As a coach in your own rite, I'm surprised that you condone what we are seeing from Kane on a regular basis. He shows up for a few shifts and that seems enough for those mesmerized by him.

Good lord man have you seen how much effort the guy has improving his game in the off season? But yeah tell me more how he’s lazy and doesn’t care.

How many superstars get even better like he has at that stage of their career?

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
Good lord man have you seen how much effort the guy has improving his game in the off season? But yeah tell me more how he’s lazy and doesn’t care.

How many superstars get even better like he has at that stage of their career?

If you and others don't see his lack of commitment to the TEAM you never will. As far as I'm concerned he is the second coming of Alex Kovalev.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008

I DON'T condone Kane's disappearance from time to time but I tolerate it because when he's on the team wins BIG TIME.

My point was that Nylander has to take responsibility for why he's sitting in the press box, P. Kane has nothing to do with it. Nylander needs to figure it out or he's going to piss away a tremendous amount of skill and potential.

Reactions: sugoi88

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I DON'T condone Kane's disappearance from time to time but I tolerate it because when he's on the team wins BIG TIME.

My point was that Nylander has to take responsibility for why he's sitting in the press box, P. Kane has nothing to do with it. Nylander needs to figure it out or he's going to piss away a tremendous amount of skill and potential.

And my point is that Kane the ultra talented veteran should be setting an example for young players trying to find their way ... not cherry picking, not playing when he feels like it, not floating around with no commitment to playing the team game. I'm done on this subject - I've said my piece.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
what i am seeing is many are thinking of maybe that the reason for the loosing.

but is he the only elite veteran missing ??

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
5 ways the Blackhawks can quickly get back on track 5 ways the Blackhawks can quickly get back on track

1. DeBrincat-Strome-Kane. Just do it already.

2. Get Jonathan Toews going.

3. Stick with the hot hand.

4. Figure out the back end.

5. Don’t freak out.

Saad-Toews-Kubalik
DeBrincat-Strome-Kane
Shaw-Kampf-Perlini
Smith-Carpenter-Caggiula

Last edited:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
JC looks over his head. Short sample size this season, but the work he's done hasn't seemed to address the two key areas - Defense and PK.

But it's ultimately about roster decisions. The team needs to be better. That would mean:

- Seabrook as an every 4th game D man
- Keith playing fewer minutes
- Lehner as the starting G

If he does that, he's doing the right things. If he doesn't he's not.

If the season continues like this and they miss the playoffs for a 3rd straight year, he is gone before season's end and so will Stanley.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
5 ways the Blackhawks can quickly get back on track 5 ways the Blackhawks can quickly get back on track

5. Don’t freak out.

Saad-Toews-Kubalik
DeBrincat-Strome-Kane
Shaw-Kampf-Perlini
Smith-Carpenter-Caggiula

that 3rd line is going to do nothing, cat/strome/kane is "too many eggs in one basket" imo. (why no Nylander?)

try this;

Saad-Toews-Nylander
Kubalik-Shaw-Kane
Cat-Strome-Perlini
Cagguila-Kampf-Carpenter

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I hope we give more time to see if Shaw - Strome - Kane can work overall. It would be great if we only had to shelter one line, not both Strome and Kane lines.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012

5. Don’t freak out.

Saad-Toews-Kubalik
DeBrincat-Strome-Kane
Shaw-Kampf-Perlini
Smith-Carpenter-Caggiula

Was going to read the article as I don't agree with the first point (and 2-5 is "duh" obvious) until I realized it was Lazerus who wrote it.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Was going to read the article as I don't agree with the first point (and 2-5 is "duh" obvious) until I realized it was Lazerus who wrote it.

Haha yeah same. He does acknowledge the lines defensive struggles but his solution to that is: 'Whatever. Get over it." Hes a potato head.

Our forwards lack of defense is already making us leak goals, I couldnt imagine what that line would cause. Then he'd be writing another reactionary article about how 'its obvious' we should be doing other things.

Reactions: clydesdale line
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad