Jeremy Colliton thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Exactly. We know Toews can still produce offensively with talent on his wings. There just isn’t enough to go around right now so the spotlight goes to him. Put a guy like TT or even Zuccarello with him and he’d be producing more.

We have Strome, Debrincat, Kane, Saad, and maybe even Dach as good to great offensive forwards. He hasn’t produced consistently with any of them except Kane last year.

There is plenty of top 6 talent to go around for Toews on this roster and he hasn’t done much of anything with it

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We have Strome, Debrincat, Kane, Saad, and maybe even Dach as good to great offensive forwards. He hasn’t produced consistently with any of them except Kane last year.

There is plenty of top 6 talent to go around for Toews on this roster and he hasn’t done much of anything with it

I’m not trying to say he is good, but I just wish we had a playmaking 2 way winger to put with him permanently. See if they can squeeze 60-70 points out of him. Zuccarello would have been perfect. Cat, Saad and Strome are good players but not ideal fits for him IMO.

Expecting him to just turn it on is probably going to lead to disappointment. They need to find players he can mesh with.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I’m not trying to say he is good, but I just wish we had a playmaking 2 way winger to put with him permanently. See if they can squeeze 60-70 points out of him. Zuccarello would have been perfect. Cat, Saad and Strome are good players but not ideal fits for him IMO.

Expecting him to just turn it on is probably going to lead to disappointment. They need to find players he can mesh with.

We’ve been having this almost exact same discussion since the 2015/16 season. He simply must be better than he currently is because his effectiveness compared to his AAV is nowhere near good enough and hasn’t been since the contract kicked in

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
We’ve been having this almost exact same discussion since the 2015/16 season. He simply must be better than he currently is because his effectiveness compared to his AAV is nowhere near good enough and hasn’t been since the contract kicked in

Agreed. I don’t know what it is with him. He did have some serious concussions, has his relationship that may have took his fire, got into the veggies, so many things could explain it. Not happy about it, but he’s a guy where it could come out he has CTE and it wouldn’t surprise me. It just seems like kicking a dead horse at this point.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.

He's barely played with any of them, outside of Saad. And if he produced with Kane, why not keep them together? Why have the lines stayed the same for 10 games or whatever it is now?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
He's barely played with any of them, outside of Saad. And if he produced with Kane, why not keep them together? Why have the lines stayed the same for 10 games or whatever it is now?

Toews and Kane together this season were simply brutal.

118 even strength minutes
41.74 Corsi for
33.33 GF%
36.70 xG%
36.73% high danger chances for%

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Toews and Kane together this season were simply brutal.

118 even strength minutes
41.74 Corsi for
33.33 GF%
36.70 xG%
36.73% high danger chances for%
most of their time together was at the beginning of the year when JC neutered the offense. Why not try it again, instead of trying the same shit over and over again.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
most of their time together was at the beginning of the year when JC neutered the offense. Why not try it again, instead of trying the same **** over and over again.
for me, i think someone keeps saying roll out 3 lines of scorers and spread the talent to 3 lines.

so the question is if this is true which i suspect it is, who is giving him orders to do that ??

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Go ahead and fire him. If theyre letting the core call all the shots and refuse to move on from toews/seabrook then firing colliton is essential. Just have to have the right guy ready to replace him. Easier said than done

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Go ahead and fire him. If theyre letting the core call all the shots and refuse to move on from toews/seabrook then firing colliton is essential. Just have to have the right guy ready to replace him. Easier said than done

There is no right guy.

They tuned out q to the point that some reports indicate they wanted Q gone. Now they've quit/died on the vine for JC.

Who the ell would be the right guy?

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
most of their time together was at the beginning of the year when JC neutered the offense. Why not try it again, instead of trying the same **** over and over again.

It’s Patrick Kane and Jonathan Toews. A damn coach shouldn’t derail them to that point. Something else was broken beyond the coach

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I DEMAND A CHANGE GOD DAMN IT. HAWKS ARE PRETTY MUCH IN THE LAST PLACE OF THE WESTERN CONFERENCE. COLLITON NEEDS TO GO, IF STAN CAN'T FIRE HIM, THEN STAN SHOULD BE FIRED FIRST, THEN COLLITON AFTER THAT.

I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS CRAP!. FIRE EVERY COACH - NOT JUST COLLITON.

giphy.gif

Reactions: Styles

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
This team isn't making the playoffs this season either way, so might as well let him continue losing games until a new GM can decide what the f*** to do with him.

Especially considering that the only guy who made any sense to become interim head coach is currently being investigated for past indiscretions to players. It's not like King, Matel (spelling?), or Brookbank are going to just hop into that role. Barry Smith would probably be the best option right now and I have a feeling that that won't make much difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad