Jeremy Colliton thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
team defense sucked last year and we were able to score goals at will...

so far team defense is still a work in progress but looked much better last night and that is because De Haan, Maatta and Murphy all will be getting established here. the Jets didn't walk all over us with that offense for the first time this season for them.

we have lost all 3 games by 1 goal, not a single blow out and all 3 games without much offense from : Kane, Toews, Cat and Strome..

and your usual suspects want to say this is horrible, terrible, whatever nonsense you would like to insert here..

I said it after the second game, JC's biggest issue was not playing Lehner in either of the first 2 games..that is on him. we can debate what games we would have won or not with Lehner over Crow in net, but it is obvious to anyone with eyes that this should be Lehner's crease like it was obvious in the preseason.

this team at worse should be 1-1-1, but regardless the fact is this - our top offensive players are not producing, news flash that is not on JC... our team defense is improving..and the goalie situation should be resolved with Lehner in net at least 60-40 split..

there is no hot seat for JC for f*** sake, it has been 3 games in practically 2 damn weeks with a half a dozen new players in the lineup...and every game has been a 1 goal loss...team isn't even in last place in our division despite only 3 games played lol...calm the f*** down people..

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Close to half the roster (9 new) is different from last year. Are 2-3 weeks of training camp really enough time to figure things out to the point they are performing on all cylinders at the start of the season ? Not to mention that during training camp there's a sh** load of other bodies that need to be looked at.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
It isn't just Keith, it's the entire core 4 from the Hawks run. They all (except Keith) have bloated cap hits and the team really can't move forward until they're off the books. Toews and Kane really need to get their act together, and the Hawks need more defensively responsible forwards. Honestly if they could have gotten Mark Stone in a trade last year that would have helped more than anyone else.

Mark Stone signed for $9.5 mill for eight years. If you had traded for him he would have walked in this past summer because the Hawks can't pay in that ball park.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This team is abysmal and JC has now had 70 games + A full camp/preseason

There really are no excuses for this debacle

Florida Panthers are 1-2-2

They have given up 20 goals vs scoring 13..

Only the Senators have less points than them in their division..

-7 in goal differential if you cannot do the math...Dolton education and all..

Surely you are on the Panthers board calling for Q's firing right???

you are a joke...

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
team defense sucked last year and we were able to score goals at will...

so far team defense is still a work in progress but looked much better last night and that is because De Haan, Maatta and Murphy all will be getting established here. the Jets didn't walk all over us with that offense for the first time this season for them.

we have lost all 3 games by 1 goal, not a single blow out and all 3 games without much offense from : Kane, Toews, Cat and Strome..

and your usual suspects want to say this is horrible, terrible, whatever nonsense you would like to insert here..

I said it after the second game, JC's biggest issue was not playing Lehner in either of the first 2 games..that is on him. we can debate what games we would have won or not with Lehner over Crow in net, but it is obvious to anyone with eyes that this should be Lehner's crease like it was obvious in the preseason.

this team at worse should be 1-1-1, but regardless the fact is this - our top offensive players are not producing, news flash that is not on JC... our team defense is improving..and the goalie situation should be resolved with Lehner in net at least 60-40 split..

there is no hot seat for JC for **** sake, it has been 3 games in practically 2 damn weeks with a half a dozen new players in the lineup...and every game has been a 1 goal loss...team isn't even in last place in our division despite only 3 games played lol...calm the **** down people..
Cant really argue with any of that.

Reactions: AmericanDream

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Mark Stone signed for $9.5 mill for eight years. If you had traded for him he would have walked in this past summer because the Hawks can't pay in that ball park.
I know. Quite frankly it didn't matter. They should have tried to make it work. He's the closest thing to Marian Hossa that exists in the NHL. The Hawks need more forwards that are defensively responsible.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I know. Quite frankly it didn't matter. They should have tried to make it work. He's the closest thing to Marian Hossa that exists in the NHL. The Hawks need more forwards that are defensively responsible.

I'm salivating over Alex Tuch in Vegas. I think he belongs right there next to Toews and can play a little like Hossa has in the past. At the least he's good defensively, and it would be a huge asset our team lacks lacks right now.

I never really thought about trading Gus coz he's our only capable guy in transition, but Id trade him for Tuch if it were possible. Theoretically Vegas needs d and pp help, and Tuch is only on the 3rd line. We looked better shifting to balanced d pairs anyway.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
I'm salivating over Alex Tuch in Vegas. I think he belongs right there next to Toews and can play a little like Hossa has in the past. At the least he's good defensively, and it would be a huge asset our team lacks lacks right now.

I never really thought about trading Gus coz he's our only capable guy in transition, but Id trade him for Tuch if it were possible. Theoretically Vegas needs d and pp help, and Tuch is only on the 3rd line. We looked better shifting to balanced d pairs anyway.
I love Tuch. Gus for Tuch makes so much sense, but it wouldn't work cap-wise. That's the guy I would have traded Jokiharju for.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I love Tuch. Gus for Tuch makes so much sense, but it wouldn't work cap-wise. That's the guy I would have traded Jokiharju for.

Joki never had that kind of value.

But yeah, we'd need to make some cap adjustments. But I'm thinking Stan will work on the roster to bring in more defensive forwards anyway next off-season (if the trends continue this year), including some cap shifts.

Reactions: d rake

Section88

Kaner? I hardly know her
Jul 11, 2017
Tuch would be a nice acquisition but lets not ignore the fact that Gus is our only D who can move the puck at a very high level. We dont have another guy like him until boqvist is ready.

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Tuch would be a nice acquisition but lets not ignore the fact that Gus is our only D who can move the puck at a very high level. We dont have another guy like him until boqvist is ready.

Yeah true. At least we are lucky that Mitchell and Boqvist are coming.

I was looking at some defensively good wingers to be had though around the league and two guys I wouldn't mind next off-season are Sammy Blais and Mathieu Joseph. Both RFAs, and I don't see a world where Stl and Tampa can afford them.

Anyway it's far away but wanted to raise the question about Blais. He's breaking out offensively, and is good defensively + in the rugged areas, pretty much exactly the player we need. Would it ever be feasible we make a move for him from our biggest rival Stl.

Does a trade/signing like that ever happen? I'd hate if any of our RFAs went there for example.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

I’d add in my left nut for that deal, if that’s what Vegas needed.

Tuch is probably the non-Hawk I want the most. Age, production, play style, contract all together make him a perfect fit for this team, imo

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
I’d add in my left nut for that deal, if that’s what Vegas needed.

Tuch is probably the non-Hawk I want the most. Age, production, play style, contract all together make him a perfect fit for this team, imo

Exactly, plus he's a JC kind of player. Fast and strong.

Vegas' needs are D. A similar age/contract/value defender. Basically an extended Gus at 4.5. Dont know if that's possible, or we'd ever do that deal though but it's nice to dream.

Anyway we need a defensive winger in our top 6 that much is clear.

sugoi88

Feb 28, 2016
So why did JC have Gus killing a penalty? It only takes one mistake to cost a goal against and that's what happened last night.

There comes a time when he needs to read the riot act and Kane needs an earful. I can only imagine what Nylander was thinking sitting in the press box and watching Kane put on that show.

I usually agree with you but this is ridiculous especially in only the 3rd game of the season. Kane has won more games for this team than he has lost. He should get more respect that that.

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I usually agree with you but this is ridiculous especially in only the 3rd game of the season. Kane has won more games for this team than he has lost. He should get more respect that that.

There is no excuse for Kane's lack of effort. I don't care how good he is. If it was anyone else people would be screaming bloody murder. He exudes the country club attitude.

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019
I have not been much of a fan of Colliton, and I've been becoming more critical of him now that he's starting the season as the coach.

However, it's way too early to talk about his departure. He'll get the season and I think, if Hawks remove Bowman at that point, the new GM will decide if JC stays or not.

But you gotta love the fact that BWC feels so insecure that he had to make this thread. Yes, we get it, Q is the guy who can do nothing wrong in your eye and Colliton is the ******* who stole his job. Move the **** off it already, the shtick has grown tiring.

or you can just admit Q shouldnt have been fired because it seems people are complaining that JC isnt looked at as the leader and cant get these guys motivated. ill give JC this at least when we lose under him we score more goals which is exciting but we have the same issues

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
or you can just admit Q shouldnt have been fired because it seems people are complaining that JC isnt looked at as the leader and cant get these guys motivated. ill give JC this at least when we lose under him we score more goals which is exciting but we have the same issues
Why would I admit something I don't feel is true? Q wasn't the answer for where this team, and league in general, is headed.

Just because Colliton hasn't impressed doesn't negate all of Q's issues here the last few years. It simply means that JC might not be THAT guy, either.

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
My impression is that when Q was fired it was because the Hawks went into a rebuild. You hire a coach like Q when you are chasing championships. They were hoping Colliton would be a good development coach. His contract is for two years and if they have something going then they can choose to keep him or pick someone with more experience coaching a contender if the team improves. They saved one year of Q salary anyway so they're not in the red as I doubt Colliton is paid even a million. I don't think he should be fired this year as consistency is not a bad thing for the young players and it's not like he has anything to teach the vets. RNH from the Oilers recently talked about how tough all the coaching changes were. This isn't the Blues of 2015 Pens where all the other pieces are in place for a cup run.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
as i mention earlier, where have our so-called elite players are ?? are some of them suppose to be the leaders on the team ??

bottom line, if a coach can't get them motivated and these players play the same way , it will be the coach who gets fired...... in almost all cases it will be the coaches fault, never the players.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
. I can only imagine what Nylander was thinking sitting in the press box and watching Kane put on that show.

The ONLY thing Nylander should be thinking is how am I NOT going to eff up this opportunity.

I wouldn't worry much about a superstar if I were him.

Reactions: sugoi88
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad