Jason Garrison

opendoor

Dec 12, 2006
His points will take a dip as other teams begin to key in on him on the PK.

Obviously he won't continue at this pace, but it's worth noting only 1 of his 7 points came on the PP.

The fact that he and the Sedins are scoring at a point per game pace with a 10% PP is pretty impressive.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
He looks good with a big mustache, monocle, and top hat.

I agree. It really does suit him quite w-

Oh, wait a minute...

Seriously though, put a visor on Garrison. Like seriously. I'm serious. Put a damn visor on.

I can agree with this. In fact I want all our players to.

Seriously what is with us creeping on Florida and plucking their players. Are they the only ****in' team in the league far away enough to be willing to deal with us.

Well, they are our true farm team. Like, duh.

Last edited:

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
The scary thing is he could actually have way more points with a little luck and slightly better shot accuracy.

The same applies to everyone with a hard shot that usually ends up incapacitating someone on the ice instead of hitting the net.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
The same applies to everyone with a hard shot that usually ends up incapacitating someone on the ice instead of hitting the net.

As much as I hate watching players go down, it's hard to deny its advantages especially when you can score with the man down. Reminds me of last season against the preds(?) where we scored after Garrison took a hard shot, bringing down a player, and then Bieksa put it home with the player out of position.

Though again, it does have the capacity to backfire when it hits your own guy.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009

I do love that he can make opponents pay for getting in front of his shot and not give a s***. Pretty good wrister too though.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
You're saying this as if Garrison is prime Mike Green.

I would take Garrison over 'prime' Mike Green, which itself is a bit of a misnomer. Green may have scored in buckets back then, but he was an absolute trainwreck defensively - Marc Andre Bergeron bad. So much so, he did not win the Norris despite scoring 31 goals. That speaks volumes given how frequently productivity is a deciding factor.

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Was thinking in terms of offensive production.

Perhaps prime Lidstrom would've been a more apt example in my post.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
A 40-point season isn't out of reach if he gets 1st unit PP time all year. Yes, that's right - say hello to Jason Norrison.

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
The scary thing is he could actually have way more points with a little luck and slightly better shot accuracy.

He has more shots than any defenseman in hockey and he's shooting 8%, which is particularly for a guy whose primary weapon is a slapshot.

I think he could definitely start to produce more on the PP, as the Canucks have been rather unlucky there, but his 5v5 point production is bound to take a step back.

ddawg1950

Jul 2, 2010
Pender Island, BC Palm Desert, CA
I would take Garrison over 'prime' Mike Green, which itself is a bit of a misnomer. Green may have scored in buckets back then, but he was an absolute trainwreck defensively - Marc Andre Bergeron bad. So much so, he did not win the Norris despite scoring 31 goals. That speaks volumes given how frequently productivity is a deciding factor.

Well, look who's keeping the peace!

Congrats.

Uhmkay

Tryamkin = New Chara
Dec 11, 2006
Vancouver
I'd like to hear from those who hated this signing when it happened and see what they think now. I think Garrison is only going to get better and fits in perfectly with a Torts like system.

If we can get Edler back to playing a tough brand of hockey, that's a pretty nice 1-2 punch. With Hamhuis and Bieksa on a second pairing and Tanev/Stanton on the third, that's a REALLY solid d-line.

vanuck

Dec 28, 2009
I'd like to hear from those who hated this signing when it happened and see what they think now. I think Garrison is only going to get better and fits in perfectly with a Torts like system.

If we can get Edler back to playing a tough brand of hockey, that's a pretty nice 1-2 punch. With Hamhuis and Bieksa on a second pairing and Tanev/Stanton on the third, that's a REALLY solid d-line.

So basically you want to hear from Ray Ferraro? :laugh:

Edler-Garrison should be as solid a pairing as any in the league with the tools they have. Garry's successful transition to the right side was huge. I remember being concerned about whether he could adapt to the switch too after hearing Panthers fans say he only played the right side on their PP.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad