Jason Garrison

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I have a crazy prediction that I actually feel pretty confident about and I wanted to share it.

I feel like Garrison is going to have a huge breakout year like Sheldon Souray had in 06/07 when he scored 24 goals and 38 assists. It probably won't be that huge a season, but it seems like it's a really similar scenario. Souray was never an offensive defenseman but he had a big shot that just inevitably created goals and it's the same thing with Garrison. He's no offensive defenseman by any means but he looks so confident and assertive out there firing bombs on net every game that it's as if it's an inevitability that he's either going to pop one in himself or his shot will deflect off someone else's stick or create a rebound for someone to bang home.

I don't know if anyone gets my Sheldon Souray comparison but that's the best way I can explain it. Oh, and the great thing about Garrison is that he's actually a stud defensively, unlike Souray.

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
I have a crazy prediction that I actually feel pretty confident about and I wanted to share it.

I feel like Garrison is going to have a huge breakout year like Sheldon Souray had in 06/07 when he scored 24 goals and 38 assists. It probably won't be that huge a season, but it seems like it's a really similar scenario. Souray was never an offensive defenseman but he had a big shot that just inevitably created goals and it's the same thing with Garrison. He's no offensive defenseman by any means but he looks so confident and assertive out there firing bombs on net every game that it's as if it's an inevitability that he's either going to pop one in himself or his shot will deflect off someone else's stick or create a rebound for someone to bang home.

I don't know if anyone gets my Sheldon Souray comparison but that's the best way I can explain it. Oh, and the great thing about Garrison is that he's actually a stud defensively, unlike Souray.

I've been thinking that since training camp... and he's done nothing since then to make me think otherwise.

I feel an AV-Romesque bromance coming on.....

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
If he cracks 40 points playing on the 1st PP unit this year while playing against top competition... Ehrhoff who?

Yeah, you knew someone would bring it up didn't you. :sarcasm:

Edit: Dammit LTE. :rant:

Jack Tripper

Vey Falls Down
Dec 15, 2009
Perth, WA
pretty clear early on that tortorella is going to play garrison and edler until they puke, and that works for me

still can't believe that this guy wasn't on the 1st unit pp last year and was 3rd or 4th in d-man minutes in the playoffs

Virtanen2Horvat

BoHorvat53
Nov 29, 2011
Vancouver
pretty clear early on that tortorella is going to play garrison and edler until they puke, and that works for me

still can't believe that this guy wasn't on the 1st unit pp last year and was 3rd or 4th in d-man minutes in the playoffs

Well that was AV for you. Glad he is being used so we can see his full potential. I think he will net about 20-25 goals.

EDIT: Also I like how his shot takes a man down so then we get a better scoring chance. Just like Clowe.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
ZseSiMS.png

polarbearcub

May 7, 2011
Vancouver
Love Garry's game. His shot obviously but he's so strong on the boards and rarely makes bad decisions. Maybe il invest In a 5 jersey.

Tanevian*

we always have 1 or 2 of our top 4 dmen play like ass for a season, i think hamhuis is due

I really don't see that happening. It's funny how a bad game or 2 gets amplified when it's early in the season.

maroon 6

Dec 31, 2009
British Columbia
I am really liking our D this year. Edler, Garrison and Hamhuis are not elite 1D on a cup winner like Chara and Keith, but LA won with Doughty who isn't much better than these guys. I think if Gillis can add a good 3c and another reliable botton defencemen (I don't trust Weber and Alberts) we can make it far in the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->