Jason Garrison

Finkle is Einhorn

Oct 13, 2003
Visit site
Two defensemen have put the puck in the net more times than Garrison has over the past two seasons: Karlsson and Weber. That's with limited PP time for Garrison last year to boot.

Combine that with a rock solid defensive game and you have an outstanding defender who gets little to no notice around the league (not to mention a hilariously inept appraisal by the "experts" at TSN on a routine basis).

The only thing he lacks is a punishing physical game, but that's not to say he doesn't take the body (ask Lars Eller).

Amazing pickup for $4.5 million.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
His points will take a dip as other teams begin to key in on him on the PK.

Then Edler and the Sedins have more space, and the powerplay is probably more effective overall. There's a lot of weapons out there, and teams can't afford to key on any element of it too much.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I love this guy, the one good player to come from Florida

Luck 6

\\_______
Oct 17, 2008
Vancouver
He's pretty much been given the green light to hammer the puck on net at every possible opportunity, and that's exactly what he's done. Our 1st unit PP really needs that, as they can sometimes pass the puck around a bit too much. As long as he stays on that 1st unit PP, which I am almost certain he will, I'd say he's a lock for about 40 points. He also plays with Edler, which helps as he too has a rocket of a shot and a knack for the offensive side of things.

In addition to the offense he's been our best defensive defenseman. Both he and Edler have been very pleasant surprises this season.

dave babych returns

Dec 2, 2011
Then Edler and the Sedins have more space, and the powerplay is probably more effective overall. There's a lot of weapons out there, and teams can't afford to key on any element of it too much.

I agree but I think the point that it might affect his point totals still stands. Unless/until they start handing out four assists with every goal..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->