Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Still way too early to tell how things will turn out, but just to update this for further discussion down the road:

Knight w/PRO: 36gp, 1g/2a, -6, 38 PIM's, (.083 ppg)

Knight w/IOWA: 10gp, 3g/3a, +4, 2 PIM's, (.60 ppg)

-----

Phillips w/IOWA: 49gp, 7g/8a, -19 14 PIM's (.31 ppg)

Phillips w/PRO: 12gp, 3g/5a, +3, 0 PIM's (.66 ppg)

These stats were through Tuesday. I believe Knight went scoreless Thurs night (had a goal waived off on an offsides call), but played well and got PK time.

According to Mark D on Twitter, Phillips is a healthy scratch tonight for PRO.

Just based on the numbers, never seen him play.

But Phillips comes over from Iowa and puts up number comparable to the top scorers on Providence in Koko and Griffith, and still finds himself a healthy scratch?

Just seems like a strange coaching decision to me.

But given Sundance Cassidy's black-balling of certain players like Knight and Camara from what I've read on this forum maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Just based on the numbers, never seen him play.

But Phillips comes over from Iowa and puts up number comparable to the top scorers on Providence in Koko and Griffith, and still finds himself a healthy scratch?

Just seems like a strange coaching decision to me.

But given Sundance Cassidy's black-balling of certain players like Knight and Camara from what I've read on this forum maybe I shouldn't be surprised.

That really pisses me off, why healthy scratch a guy thats scoring??? Is it cos he thinks its unfair to give him ice time cos he just rocked up or? Cassidy sounds like the biggest ****

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
For you Jared knight fans, he is playing well for us, good player...works hard,
GuessingPhilips was a scratch because it was agame that clinched the playoffs and wanted to play regulars.Ive watched3 games on Ahl live and thought Zachary was arguably your best player twice and the third game was very good. Looking at his numbers in games that your leaders played in koko and Griffith, zach out scored them and has a much better plus minus--that's without getting all the pp time. So you guys gotta be happy with him too.A win- win type of trade. Pm me for any of you knight guys and I'll break down what I have seen live from him.
Going to watch your game tonight on Ahl live tonight, you guys have a good team:handclap::handclap:

captain stone

Jul 10, 2004
Hershey PA
but we sure as hell don't want to give any credit for drafting dougie Hamilton because everyone knew he was the right pick lol

and for gods sakes we cant give any credit for drafting tyler seguin because he was a no brainer right lol

but if any other good players don't get drafted... then by all means we better make ourselves look like genius and blame the whole damn system

(of course the logic problem is that there is no example of any other real scouting team in history that we can point to as an example of a scouting team that could actually live up the standards that some people here would demand before they start tossing around blame... which says far more about the grasp of reality that the blamers manage than it does about the systems that the blamers want to be crying against)

You are correct: the Seguin & Hamilton picks were indeed no-brainers, and I therefore give the FO no credit at all for making those picks.

The rest of your post was pure FO-butt-licking gibberish.

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Wipped thru the Wild game yesterday- Red Sox in 2 go nothing on me....Knight in an hour:laugh:

he only had 1 assist but it was a great tick tack toe with Sutter scoring

Sutter was first star last night, Knight the game before

looks as fast as anyone this side of Seguin and the announcer said he's a revelation to the Wild (not sure if his opinion or someone said something)

thought his game was outstanding- decision making excellent

the last 3 games he could have gotten first, second, or third star in all....his 15 second rag the puck penalty kill might have been the best play I have ever seen him do

hopefully Providence will work Phillips in- saw him once and he clearly has offensive skills- tough breaking into Providence lineup with Ferlin and Griffith entrenched on the top two lines, and Florek who might as well be Cassidy's son he loves him so much

I hope Phillips stays in system and gets a chance, Knight clearly is going up- a scout told me Knight will be one of the fastest guys in the NHL the day he steps on the ice- Phillips needs to be patient his time will come

cant wait for Providence playoffs and if Boston gets bounced tonight I am going to try and hit all the home games- cant wait

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Wipped thru the Wild game yesterday- Red Sox in 2 go nothing on me....Knight in an hour:laugh:

he only had 1 assist but it was a great tick tack toe with Sutter scoring

Sutter was first star last night, Knight the game before

looks as fast as anyone this side of Seguin and the announcer said he's a revelation to the Wild (not sure if his opinion or someone said something)

thought his game was outstanding- decision making excellent

the last 3 games he could have gotten first, second, or third star in all....his 15 second rag the puck penalty kill might have been the best play I have ever seen him do

hopefully Providence will work Phillips in- saw him once and he clearly has offensive skills- tough breaking into Providence lineup with Ferlin and Griffith entrenched on the top two lines, and Florek who might as well be Cassidy's son he loves him so much

I hope Phillips stays in system and gets a chance, Knight clearly is going up- a scout told me Knight will be one of the fastest guys in the NHL the day he steps on the ice- Phillips needs to be patient his time will come

cant wait for Providence playoffs and if Boston gets bounced tonight I am going to try and hit all the home games- cant wait

I was watching last years playoffs yesterday actually and wondered where the hell is Florek and why didn't even get a shot with the Bruins this year? He looked good in the games he played against Detroit in last years post season, hows he been down there this year?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I was watching last years playoffs yesterday actually and wondered where the hell is Florek and why didn't even get a shot with the Bruins this year? He looked good in the games he played against Detroit in last years post season, hows he been down there this year?

A for effort but just doesn't have the speed/skating and to often when coming into the offensive zone instead of making a play he dumps it in.

I assume they offer him a contract - guy you want to do well; super person.

I'd certainly keep him he's not that far off- excellent size,and good shot, strong in corners and always get 100%

If boston loses tonight he could get a long look in camp on LW 4th line

If I have to pick to areas I'm concerned its skating and creativity

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
A for effort but just doesn't have the speed/skating and to often when coming into the offensive zone instead of making a play he dumps it in.

I assume they offer him a contract - guy you want to do well; super person.

I'd certainly keep him he's not that far off- excellent size,and good shot, strong in corners and always get 100%

If boston loses tonight he could get a long look in camp on LW 4th line

If I have to pick to areas I'm concerned its skating and creativity

Parent Bruins in a nut shell.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Parent Bruins in a nut shell.

I been so busy in grief counseling since the Knight trade I been to 1 game but I plan on all home playoffs. Malt and Garbage Goal are excellent on this team I just scream more. I am stocked for Providence playoffs not Boston. Folks should go its unplugged and great hockey as teams send players down - could see Spooner and Pasta

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
Ive openly acknowledged that I like Knight, Im a season ticket holder and watch all home games, really like his speed.

But, gotta temper expectations a little, he is behind Schroder, Bulmer, Mitchell, Gabriel in our depth chart on RW, that's not counting Stewart, Vanek, Fontaine etc up top, so he is about 8th on RW in our system, with Alex Tuch coming from BC. So yes I think he is a good player, but some posters here gotta keep things in perspective for the kid, he is a ways off

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
I think Zach has a chance to crack the roster straight out of camp if he is any good at RW. Had a good impact with Providence and his numbers were a nice surprise with so little time in the lineup. 11 pts in 16 games. Natural C so I am unsure if he'd be good at wing but hes an offensive player. One things for sure, Boston has a logjam of bottom end talent and not so much high end.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
What do we expect from him? I'd love to think of him as a contender for a spot in Boston, I really don't know how far his game has progressed in the A though, does he need more time to develop? Hear his mobility isn't super great

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
What do we expect from him? I'd love to think of him as a contender for a spot in Boston, I really don't know how far his game has progressed in the A though, does he need more time to develop? Hear his mobility isn't super great

Shawn Hutcheon (T4P) thinks he will have a strong camp, his brother has coached Zach and rates him, said hes a good offensive player.

Hes a C though, and don't know if being a right shot can translate to playing RW or anything. At worst we have a LOT of 4th line C in the organisation. I will be devastated if Kemppainen can't make the roster after coming all the way from Liiga. Phillips/Kelly/Koko/Talbot/Kemppainen are all bidding for the same spot at 4C.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I think Zach has a chance to crack the roster straight out of camp if he is any good at RW. Had a good impact with Providence and his numbers were a nice surprise with so little time in the lineup. 11 pts in 16 games. Natural C so I am unsure if he'd be good at wing but hes an offensive player. One things for sure, Boston has a logjam of bottom end talent and not so much high end.

If Phillips makes the B's out of camp, I will eat my B's cap. Knight will see time in Minny before Phillips does in Boston...book it.

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014
If Phillips makes the B's out of camp, I will eat my B's cap. Knight will see time in Minny before Phillips does in Boston...book it.

You could very well be right--not a lot of depth in Minny, thus them signing an overweight 37 ish year old guy like Fedorentko while Boston is letting a guy like Flick go who at 23 scored 19 goals and is a solid character guy.

Having said that make no mistake after watching Knight about 6 times live, Phillips is a far better player, AINEC, a good trade for Sweeney.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You could very well be right--not a lot of depth in Minny, thus them signing an overweight 37 ish year old guy like Fedorentko while Boston is letting a guy like Flick go who at 23 scored 19 goals and is a solid character guy.

Having said that make no mistake after watching Knight about 6 times live, Phillips is a far better player, AINEC, a good trade for Sweeney.

cant let this go by

Glorydaze knows the story because we are BFF:heart: outside this board and I been staying away from Knight talk until your ridiculous last statement pulled me in

I buddy of mine (like him a lot but not the bromance me and Joe have) who I have known since out kids were in diapers is a NHL scout and he watches the Eastern teams mostly. He told me that he is amazed how far Jared Knight has fallen watching him in Providence. Without saying he basically told me he wouldn't give you a plug nickel for him but he also knows Cassidy has a history of burying certain guys.

After Knight is traded I see him and he tells me 'so and so who covers the Western Conference was at the Iowa game vs Dallas or Canucks farm team and he said Knight was the best player on the ice. He was all over the place.' He then went on to tell me how hard it is to scout guys like Knight and Spooner named specifically but he touched on others generally because of factors like Cassidy.

Knight did get first star that game which was surprising since they lost 6-4 or 7-4 or something but that made it even impressive.

I can also tell you the Wild are pretty damn intrigued by him and he's got a heck of a shot.

I wish Phillips the best but my money is on Knight- getting away from Cassidy is huge, and he has his BFF Jason Zucker already entrenched in the Wild lineup and no doubt will help make the transition easier than being a complete outsider

oh, here's another nice little story- Glorydaze, Dom, a few of my buds know this story as well

I'm sitting at a Providence game with a current Boston Bruins player watching the game and he tells me that Cassidy for whatever reason he cant figure treats Knight and Tommy Cross like crap just beats them down like dogs- and added they are probably two of the most liked players on the team.

This is not surprising considering his well documented track record in DC that led to a mutiny and a stint he was coaching most of the players weren't even talking to him (never heard of that before or since) and the assistant coach had to be a liaison between players and Cassidy before George McPhee put him out of his misery,

I laughed like hell when Tommy Cross was signed and every one of Butch's favorite guys was not renewed

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Whoop-dee-doo.

Bruins will win another Cup before Minnesota does.

When Knight dekes Rask to win Game 7 of the 2018 NHL Finals in the newly instituted playoff shootout and GloryDaze and DKH are dancing on the ice at XCel Center with Wild head honchos, you'll regret this.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
cant let this go by

Glorydaze knows the story because we are BFF:heart: outside this board and I been staying away from Knight talk until your ridiculous last statement pulled me in

I buddy of mine (like him a lot but not the bromance me and Joe have) who I have known since out kids were in diapers is a NHL scout and he watches the Eastern teams mostly. He told me that he is amazed how far Jared Knight has fallen watching him in Providence. Without saying he basically told me he wouldn't give you a plug nickel for him but he also knows Cassidy has a history of burying certain guys.

After Knight is traded I see him and he tells me 'so and so who covers the Western Conference was at the Iowa game vs Dallas or Canucks farm team and he said Knight was the best player on the ice. He was all over the place.' He then went on to tell me how hard it is to scout guys like Knight and Spooner named specifically but he touched on others generally because of factors like Cassidy.

Knight did get first star that game which was surprising since they lost 6-4 or 7-4 or something but that made it even impressive.

I can also tell you the Wild are pretty damn intrigued by him and he's got a heck of a shot.

I wish Phillips the best but my money is on Knight- getting away from Cassidy is huge, and he has his BFF Jason Zucker already entrenched in the Wild lineup and no doubt will help make the transition easier than being a complete outsider

oh, here's another nice little story- Glorydaze, Dom, a few of my buds know this story as well

I'm sitting at a Providence game with a current Boston Bruins player watching the game and he tells me that Cassidy for whatever reason he cant figure treats Knight and Tommy Cross like crap just beats them down like dogs- and added they are probably two of the most liked players on the team.

This is not surprising considering his well documented track record in DC that led to a mutiny and a stint he was coaching most of the players weren't even talking to him (never heard of that before or since) and the assistant coach had to be a liaison between players and Cassidy before George McPhee put him out of his misery,

I laughed like hell when Tommy Cross was signed and every one of Butch's favorite guys was not renewed

I know you like Knight. And have seen him a million times more than me. And I might be way off, but it's very difficult to find a place in the NHL playing that style of game if you don't have the skills of a Mike Richards or someone. Again, I could be coming out of left field but... comparable to Sobotka or Kalus? (even Karsums?) not necessarily in style but just that they're the kind of players that have to be full on all the time to make an impact and that's a tough road to haul. I hope he does great in Minny and carves out a R. Smith type career but there's a difference between players that can elevate their games and players that have to play their 'elevated' game all the time to be good. Not sure if any of that made sense.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
I know you like Knight. And have seen him a million times more than me. And I might be way off, but it's very difficult to find a place in the NHL playing that style of game if you don't have the skills of a Mike Richards or someone. Again, I could be coming out of left field but... comparable to Sobotka or Kalus? (even Karsums?) not necessarily in style but just that they're the kind of players that have to be full on all the time to make an impact and that's a tough road to haul. I hope he does great in Minny and carves out a R. Smith type career but there's a difference between players that can elevate their games and players that have to play their 'elevated' game all the time to be good. Not sure if any of that made sense.

Expansion's coming though.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Expansion's coming though.

True. But I look at something like the Hodgson Kassian trade which was a big deal at the time, yet neither one has been able to cement themselves into a roster spot or reach their potential. It's tough. Can blame coaches or attitude or whatever... but usually it comes down to that they lack that extra bit of skill in one part of their game that separates them from their peers. As much as we wish it was sometimes - desire isn't enough.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
Had an opportunity to golf three weeks ago with someone on the Bruins scouting staff and we chatted over the course of day about a lot of prospects, his exact words about Phillips is "he is a helluva prospect" and the organization was very very happy with him. Never said anything good or bad about Knight, wouldn't expect him too and at this point frankly its not relevant.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Whoop-dee-doo.

Bruins will win another Cup before Minnesota does.

I was willing to let this thread die, but when I saw that statement about Phillips making the B's out of camp, had to respond. That's the only reason.

I hope the B's do win the Cup again before the Wild, but given the state of the two franchises right now, it would not shock me if Minnesota won first...not that it has anything to do with this conversation.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
cant let this go by

When is Sweeney going to show Cassidy the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad