Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
yah, I didn't bring this back.....I like it though, some good summer hate. I've got all the haters listed alphabetically....not sure if Finance Guy is a new entry....assessing like Chiarelli on that one:laugh:

If I am wrong on this eventually I will admit it- heck, I hated the Bergeron draft pick wanted Latendresse, wanted Krejci traded instead of Kalus, and many more. I'm right 80% of the time- right Wally!!!

I'm not afraid of being wrong but I want to see who can come clean when Knight makes it and Cassidy is scouting the OHL for Edmonton this time next year.

Sorry Dan, I was referring to GloryDaze.

I saw Latendresse in midget AAA, the kid was big, sleek ,quick and with a mean streak.

When he turned pro he got Kalus. :laugh: :laugh:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Sorry Dan, I was referring to GloryDaze.

I saw Latendresse in midget AAA, the kid was big, sleek ,quick and with a mean streak.

When he turned pro he got Kalus. :laugh: :laugh:

I don't mind throwing a little lighter fluid on the charcoal occasionally, but the idea that Phillips is going to make the B's out of camp is what got me back in here talking.

I have more than enough stress in my life already, but I saw that and couldn't let it go :laugh:

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Phillips will likely amount to nothing in Boston, nothing against the kid, but we don't have any room for slow centers with ho-hum shots

Just another poor move by Peter Chiarelli. Don't get me wrong I think Knight needed to be somewhere else and deserved better than what he got here, but it would have made a hell of a lot more sense to get another type of player back.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
I don't mind throwing a little lighter fluid on the charcoal occasionally, but the idea that Phillips is going to make the B's out of camp is what got me back in here talking.

I have more than enough stress in my life already, but I saw that and couldn't let it go :laugh:

:laugh:

It's not as bad as Knight's propaganda or Cassidy's agenda or bullying every poster that disagree with you and your compadre.

Can't wait for the season to start for the Lulz.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Phillips will likely amount to nothing in Boston, nothing against the kid, but we don't have any room for slow centers with ho-hum shots

Just another poor move by Peter Chiarelli. Don't get me wrong I think Knight needed to be somewhere else and deserved better than what he got here, but it would have made a hell of a lot more sense to get another type of player back.

Big year for Phillips and he should get a very good opportunity this season with so much turnover- the most I've ever seen down there.

I think you need to go easy on Peter here this was Sweeney's deal with Chuck Fletcher- puppy placement and why it will be interesting to see how this plays out. Chiarelli did not make that deal among other things

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Good to know, I'm interested to hear what you see in Phillips and or what Sweeney does

I can't really see him making this team as a center but if there's something there Im missing Id love to hear it

Puckcrazy51

Feb 28, 2014

MY god man, the kid plays the wing not center and his strength is his vision and his shot.
Time will tell on the kid but in his short stint last year his PPG as the same as Koko with about half the icetime and at 6'1-195 lbs his size is good, again time will tell, he was a first rounder for a reason, so lets just be patient and see how things go--frankly Im pulling for Knight and him.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
i hope we are still debating jared knight in 15 years here at HF. dan will be yelling at kids to get off his lawn and knight will be closing in on a HOF career.

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014

Too easy for you was it? :) No pain, no gain. No question, no answer. :)

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
MY god man, the kid plays the wing not center and his strength is his vision and his shot.
Time will tell on the kid but in his short stint last year his PPG as the same as Koko with about half the icetime and at 6'1-195 lbs his size is good, again time will tell, he was a first rounder for a reason, so lets just be patient and see how things go--frankly Im pulling for Knight and him.

Thanks for the info mate. I hope he does well too, just didn't see a place for him at first but now knowing that and tid bits about roster turnover I hope he does get the opportunity. I don't recall seeing him against hartford, maybe one game?

I do remember seeing him play center with providence and really seemed to get the short stick with cassidy

Last edited:

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Honestly, I liked Paul Carey better. That kid was all hustle. There is an aspect to Phillips game where it appears he's floating out there, waiting for the game to come to him.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
:laugh:

It's not as bad as Knight's propaganda or Cassidy's agenda or bullying every poster that disagree with you and your compadre.

Can't wait for the season to start for the Lulz.

Dude, whatever. Why don't you just put me on ignore if I am such a bully? Or better yet, maybe you can dial 9-1-1 and report me. The term "bullying" is so misused these days :laugh:

When Knight is playing for the Wild, I can't wait to hear your spin.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dude, whatever. Why don't you just put me on ignore if I am such a bully? Or better yet, maybe you can dial 9-1-1 and report me. The term "bullying" is so misused these days :laugh:

When Knight is playing for the Wild, I can't wait to hear your spin.

When Knight is playing for the Wild this poster will either say nothing or make an excuse.

Although he may be right on Cassidy because Bruce loves Don according to the Divver story.

When Sweeney comes out and says Cassidy has done a great job of developing prospects I'll admit I'm wrong and know nothing about hockey (actually this past 2 weeks have confirmed that :laugh:)

Btw I'm the bully not you

InterimGM

May 6, 2015
Is it common for there to be a nearly 500 reply thread about a change of scenery trade?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Is it common for there to be a nearly 500 reply thread about a change of scenery trade?

Yah can at times

4th line threads

Chris Bourque

It's like cable TV channels they have topics I'm not interested in but I don't call the company I just skip

People like this thread because it pits me and Glirydaze vs the haters.

I know a lot of my friends actually love it and laugh like hell when the haters come in here and go off- I admit it's enjoying to read the baseless propaganda spin and how my Knight and Cassidy stuff gets them riled

bb_fan

Feb 27, 2002
boston
Visit site
Yah can at times

4th line threads

Chris Bourque

It's like cable TV channels they have topics I'm not interested in but I don't call the company I just skip

I know a lot of my friends actually love it and laugh like hell when the haters come in here and go off- I admit it's enjoying to read the baseless propaganda spin and how my Knight and Cassidy stuff gets them riled

Girlydaze's...... who's dat..... :sarcasm:

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Yah can at times

4th line threads

Chris Bourque

I am currently working in Russia DKH. Your Knight propaganda has impressed my superiors here in Russia. We are all wondering if you can do the same for the Russian government. It might pay more than what Knight is paying you :naughty:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am currently working in Russia DKH. Your Knight propaganda has impressed my superiors here in Russia. We are all wondering if you can do the same for the Russian government. It might pay more than what Knight is paying you :naughty:

haha....I would love to run the Russian government let alone market them. No question I would do a great job. You cant be bigger than your country and as long as I get Wednesday's and weekends off like now, and the Beer League goalies allow me to score 8 goals every game I'm good.

as for Knight aka Cinderalla Man he's away from Cassidy so lets see how this works out

I'm going to enjoy this season so far love that Chia is gone and Butch is groveling to Mark Divver how much he loves Don Sweeney:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Dan has sausage fingers...he can't help the typos :laugh:
no sausage fingers here- looking at them and they are Irish small :cry: but otherwise perfect

btw- I did not bring this thread up and am willing for it to go away till Knight is on the Wild or Cassidy gets shown the door

just saying

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
haha....I would love to run the Russian government let alone market them. No question I would do a great job. You cant be bigger than your country and as long as I get Wednesday's and weekends off like now, and the Beer League goalies allow me to score 8 goals every game I'm good. :

We got a team here for you, but you will have to settle being being the Krejci of the team with this guy on your wing.

Ice Nine

Dec 11, 2014
Parts Unknown
We got a team here for you, but you will have to settle being being the Krejci of the team with this guy on your wing.

The quality of the hockey reminds me of when they have the little novice players chasing the puck around for 10 minutes during an intermission in AHL games.

I also realize in saying this, I am putting myself at risk of suddenly coming down with polonium-210 induced acute radiation sickness, thanks to a "gift" from our friends with the KGB.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Alexei Kasatonov's wife and little boy sat three and four seats over from me back in the mid 90's. He was a cute kid and apparently broke many of my street hockey records based on his stories:laugh:

I wonder what ever happened to them- the wife was strikingly blonde and right out of central casting for a gorgeous Russian woman. I never did meet Alexei but I found myself rooting extra hard for him. Considering how I felt about the Soviet Team 15 years before it was a good lesson I never forgot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->