Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
When is Sweeney going to show Cassidy the door?

if anyone can show me one reference Sweeney has made about Cassidy I'd like to read it.

Pandolfo is going to be running the show and their are rumors that Doug Houda could be down there coaching

If it was me, I would have Pandolfo and Kevin Dean run the Baby Bruins. They were teammates with the Devils that won a Stanley Cup and not a stretch these two USA born and former HE players are friends.

Maybe he keeps him around since he has a contact but in 6 weeks I have not heard one time Don Sweeney mention him even when talking about Providence of the young defense prospects development.

If he's not at DC then you got your answer because he has always been there

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
In 2014-15, the Bruins added a critical and much-needed component to their staff. Jay Pandolfo, the Burlington native and one-year Bruin, became the organization’s development coach. Pandolfo’s primary responsibilities were in Providence, where he was charged with monitoring the growth of the club’s AHLers and serving as a liaison between players, coaches, and management.

GM Don Sweeney was formerly in charge of player development. Upon Sweeney’s promotion, more responsibility will shift toward Pandolfo, including running the team’s annual development camp later this month.

“Jay’s done a fantastic job over the past year,†said Bruins president Cam Neely. “Don thinks very highly of him with how he relates to players and communicates with players. When we take a look at these young players we have, they’re certainly important assets to the organization. If there’s an area in which we feel we can improve our development of them, we’re certainly going to do that. Jay’s been fantastic.â€

At this stage, the Bruins prefer a primary point person for development. While goaltending coach Bob Essensa regularly works with the club’s AHL goalies, Pandolfo is the only coach dedicated to development.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...d-elsewhere/N4XF0G90gWAZMaZ1vNiBJN/story.html

roguepatriot

Jun 24, 2010
In 2014-15, the Bruins added a critical and much-needed component to their staff. Jay Pandolfo, the Burlington native and one-year Bruin, became the organization’s development coach. Pandolfo’s primary responsibilities were in Providence, where he was charged with monitoring the growth of the club’s AHLers and serving as a liaison between players, coaches, and management.

GM Don Sweeney was formerly in charge of player development. Upon Sweeney’s promotion, more responsibility will shift toward Pandolfo, including running the team’s annual development camp later this month.

“Jay’s done a fantastic job over the past year,†said Bruins president Cam Neely. “Don thinks very highly of him with how he relates to players and communicates with players. When we take a look at these young players we have, they’re certainly important assets to the organization. If there’s an area in which we feel we can improve our development of them, we’re certainly going to do that. Jay’s been fantastic.â€

At this stage, the Bruins prefer a primary point person for development. While goaltending coach Bob Essensa regularly works with the club’s AHL goalies, Pandolfo is the only coach dedicated to development.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...d-elsewhere/N4XF0G90gWAZMaZ1vNiBJN/story.html

This has gone a little off-topic, but the one part of this management I trust to not be in over its head are Jay and Bob. Hopefully, this means if Gretzky's crew picked as well this year as last, this team can be a serious contender again in 3 years. I also hope Bob and Cam will be given a year's grace by the Jacobs to do the rebuild on the fly their actions, if not their words, suggest is happening this year, so Jay can get the time to develop what is now a decent set of prospects for this to happen.

Oh, and on the original topic; I always had high hopes for Jared and think he is now in a place he should succeed (wished that was with the Bruins, but do realise injuries/politics/his development needs intervened). I also get the feeling that a change of scenery will benefit Zach and believe he will be an injury callup some time this coming season. Hopefully this works out as a win-win for both teams and players.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
This has gone a little off-topic, but the one part of this management I trust to not be in over its head are Jay and Bob. Hopefully, this means if Gretzky's crew picked as well this year as last, this team can be a serious contender again in 3 years. I also hope Bob and Cam will be given a year's grace by the Jacobs to do the rebuild on the fly their actions, if not their words, suggest is happening this year, so Jay can get the time to develop what is now a decent set of prospects for this to happen.

Oh, and on the original topic; I always had high hopes for Jared and think he is now in a place he should succeed (wished that was with the Bruins, but do realise injuries/politics/his development needs intervened). I also get the feeling that a change of scenery will benefit Zach and believe he will be an injury callup some time this coming season. Hopefully this works out as a win-win for both teams and players.

not sure about Phillips- hope he makes it here, and looking forward to watching him in Providence- he certainly has a good stick and hands and change of scenery will be good for him

Phillips should benefit from having Pandolfo around alot

amazingly I learned that Dean did the D in Providence and Cassidy resided over the forwards- so its understandable that Cassidy was upset Claude did not name him to replace Geoff Ward last Fall. However, the comments by Sweeney about how Pandolfo got the forwards to improve seemed to not be a good thing for Cassidy.

I still find it really odd Sweeney has not even indicated that Cassidy exists although I may have missed it.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Sweeney & Cassidy have been in lock step all along, mutual respect. Ferguson could be next Providence GM. Pandolfo remains on bottom rung learning curve, no mention. That about wraps it up.

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150520/SPORTS/150529853

He still says nothing about Cassidy directly … Sweeney's "we've worked in lock step" comment is very general, and follows his “We have a long development affiliation agreement" comment, suggesting to me anyway that he's referring to the Boston - Providence affiliation in general and not speaking about anyone in the organization specifically.

Reading this article it seems that Sweeney actually went out of his way not to mention Cassidy ...

Not sure where you get the "mutual respect" thing … Nice try though :laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Where is the Sweeney comment on Cassidy? I am sure their is mutual love here I just can't see Sweeney's for Butch. When Knight makes the Wild roster and does well how you spinning it.

Congratulations Knighty and have a nice career. Cassidy survived that June 1st firing deadline you imagined, what now.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
He still says nothing about Cassidy directly … Sweeney's "we've worked in lock step" comment is very general, and follows his “We have a long development affiliation agreement" comment, suggesting to me anyway that he's referring to the Boston - Providence affiliation in general and not speaking about anyone in the organization specifically.

Reading this article it seems that Sweeney actually went out of his way not to mention Cassidy ...

Not sure where you get the "mutual respect" thing … Nice try though :laugh:

That's how I see it as well but at least we know Cassidy loves Sweeney. Good to hear he thinks as highly of him as me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Congratulations Knighty and have a nice career. Cassidy survived that June 1st firing deadline you imagined, what now.

Don't be so sensitive. Now what?:laugh: it's Monday so I'm going to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a bag of Cheez-it's.

You need to relax because your boy Cassidy is Fredo to 'the Don' and it's just a matter of time. The Knightster will be in the NHL this season and can't wait to hear your mea culpa.

I'm a forgiving type so after a little friendly barb we can go back being buds. I need a new friend since Everett Mike told me I'm dead to him.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Don't be so sensitive. Now what?:laugh: it's Monday so I'm going to have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich and a bag of Cheez-it's.
You need to relax because your boy Cassidy is Fredo to 'the Don' and it's just a matter of time. The Knightster will be in the NHL this season and can't wait to hear your mea culpa.
I'm a forgiving type so after a little friendly barb we can go back being buds. I need a new friend since Everett Mike told me I'm dead to him.

We can agree, that Sweeney has proven to be the man-in-charge no doubt. And, 'when you're hired, you're fired', so you will be right eventually on Cassidy.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
I am the guy in Vegas hoping for one more hit! Cassidy has been my favourite coach in Providence only due to DKH's outbursts. All I want is one more year of Cassidy for the Lulz, just one more baby!

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
We can agree, that Sweeney has proven to be the man-in-charge no doubt. And, 'when you're hired, you're fired', so you will be right eventually on Cassidy.
He could always fulfill his 2 years and who knows the glowing endorsement he gave Sweeney might keep him around and be Claude's replacement

My take is Cassidy is an example of the Peter Principle and not talking Chia. He's a smart guy and charismatic. I think he would be an excellent NHL assistant with the D. I wish him health success and happiness in his next job:laugh: had he not buried Knight I probably would have loved Cassidy as much as he loves Don but I'm bitter

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I am the guy in Vegas hoping for one more hit! Cassidy has been my favourite coach in Providence only due to DKH's outbursts. All I want is one more year of Cassidy for the Lulz, just one more baby!

Haha- I actually met him during one of the early skating things with my kid and a thing the players ran and I'll tell you Butch was great. It's not easy keeping up the rants

I still can't see him surviving two years with Don.

I was hoping if Gorton got the job he'd name him head coach in Boston

EverettMike

FIRE DON SWEENEY INTO THE SUN
Mar 7, 2009
Everett, MA
twitter.com

I did? I thought I just said I had a problem with a friend speaking to me like that on a public form.

Anyway, who is the best forward Cassidy has developed? I asked this question before and the answers were worrisome, but maybe the people I talked to forgot someone.

I can't imagine Cassidy has long here, but I figured he would have been fired by now, so who knows.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
I did? I thought I just said I had a problem with a friend speaking to me like that on a public form.

Anyway, who is the best forward Cassidy has developed? I asked this question before and the answers were worrisome, but maybe the people I talked to forgot someone.

I can't imagine Cassidy has long here, but I figured he would have been fired by now, so who knows.

I think so as well...... looks like Cassidy has "Butched" his way out.....:)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Mike I went to church and asked for forgiveness- Im a lousy groveler.

Anyways, Cassidy did develop Nick Johnson. He had a strong year for Vaxjo in the SEL with 9 points in the playoffs.

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
Exactly.

He's alienated more prospects than he's developed :shakehead

Bruce has been there as an assistant since 2008-09. Let's check who played under him since that time.

Boychuck
Marchand
Sobotka
McQuaid
Rask
Bartkowski
Khudobin
K.Miller
Spooner
Krug

Not to mention guys like Griffith and Khokhlachev will probably see significant time this year. :naughty:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bruce has been there as an assistant since 2008-09. Let's check who played under him since that time.

Boychuck
Marchand
Sobotka
McQuaid
Rask
Bartkowski
Khudobin
K.Miller
Spooner
Krug

Not to mention guys like Griffith and Khokhlachev will probably see significant time this year. :naughty:
Sobotka? I Forgot Cassidy developed him:handclap::devdance:

not sure how long you been following Boston, I think I read you started following in early June of 2011 but I apologize if incorrect- but Boston had an assistant coach named Craig Ramsey who worked with Boychuk and Johnny has lauded. It is widely known by long standing Bruins fans that Ramsey and Boychuk spend countless hours in his devlopment. Ramsey was great checking winger in his days with the Sabres but had a knack for working with young defenseman

btw- bcbruin1 see you reading- great call on Hamilton and the other components to your post all played out as valid. Any chance you can get Kevin Hayes to join us in a few?

how about some info for the summer

Last edited:

member 96824

Nevermind. Not my place

Last edited by a moderator:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney & Cassidy have been in lock step all along, mutual respect. Ferguson could be next Providence GM. Pandolfo remains on bottom rung learning curve, no mention. That about wraps it up.

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150520/SPORTS/150529853

I saw Eddie Murphy Raw Tour in Worcester many years ago and have a few friends that are comedians but nothing is as funny as this statement by Cassidy from the article you linked

Providence coach Bruce Cassidy, who has two seasons left on his contract, said he was pleased for Sweeney. “I’m happy Donnie got it. He’s been in the organization for a long time and I’ve enjoyed working with him. I had a good relationship with Peter (Chiarelli), too, but once they made that move I was hoping it would be Donnie.
“He lets me do my job. He’s respectful of the way I go about things, and I’ve always been respectful of what he wants to get accomplished in terms of the development part versus winning,’’ said Cassidy

I wish I knew it was coming so I could have gone all Heath Ledger Halloween look as the Joker to go along with my laughter.

I'd like to put this thread away till Knight is playing regularly for the Wild and I can bring it up and gloat- but even then I will show some type of humbleness even if I have to fake it.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Can always find someone looking for a match/light here. :laugh:

yah, I didn't bring this back.....I like it though, some good summer hate. I've got all the haters listed alphabetically....not sure if Finance Guy is a new entry....assessing like Chiarelli on that one:laugh:

If I am wrong on this eventually I will admit it- heck, I hated the Bergeron draft pick wanted Latendresse, wanted Krejci traded instead of Kalus, and many more. I'm right 80% of the time- right Wally!!!

I'm not afraid of being wrong but I want to see who can come clean when Knight makes it and Cassidy is scouting the OHL for Edmonton this time next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad