Not open for further replies.

SToMper!

Feb 27, 2002
Sand Bar
www.shorelinemediapro.com
Yah can at times

4th line threads

Chris Bourque

It's like cable TV channels they have topics I'm not interested in but I don't call the company I just skip

People like this thread because it pits me and Glirydaze vs the haters.

I know a lot of my friends actually love it and laugh like hell when the haters come in here and go off- I admit it's enjoying to read the baseless propaganda spin and how my Knight and Cassidy stuff gets them riled

It's what's kept me lurking all these beautiful years. Thanks guys!

ChargersRookie

Jun 30, 2014
Can't ice a team with a combined 20 NHL games amongst them.

Sometimes the breaks are not there.

NYI sent 8 players through waivers, how do their fans feel?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Without knowing better I assume to allow him to develop in the AHL? The Bruins will be waiving players in time as well.

Yes- he played preseason games with Wild at least last couple.

Not sure he's sogning with the Belguim Waffles yet

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
mmh waffles

Agree - but I'm still going
1 French toast
2 pancakes
3 waffles

But a golden brown waffle wirh either butter & maple syrup or strawberries & fresh whip cream is nirvana

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
1 French toast
2 pancakes
3 waffles

But a golden brown waffle wirh either butter & maple syrup or strawberries & fresh whip cream is nirvana

Have to agree here, French toast far and away #1, but also the most difficult to make if you are in a hurry. Pancakes are always good, and waffles are third.

**** Unless we are talking about Belgian waffles, which I would slot in at #2

Knight got into some games and from what I heard acquitted himself fairly well. Matched up vs McDavid for most of the game the other night. I would imagine that he will get a fair amount of ice time in Iowa, which is more than he got here.

In the small victories category, not only did Knight get into some games, he also lasted longer with the big club than Phillips :D

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Have to agree here, French toast far and away #1, but also the most difficult to make if you are in a hurry. Pancakes are always good, and waffles are third.

**** Unless we are talking about Belgian waffles, which I would slot in at #2

Knight got into some games and from what I heard acquitted himself fairly well. Matched up vs McDavid for most of the game the other night. I would imagine that he will get a fair amount of ice time in Iowa, which is more than he got here.

In the small victories category, not only did Knight get into some games, he also lasted longer with the big club than Phillips :D

A great way to cook French Toast is first cook 2 pieces of quality bacon in a pan. There shouldn't be that much bacon fat and if there is you can drain it out. Then you cook the French Toast in the same pan till it is a dark golden brown - I go real butter and like Vermont Maid maple syrup - bacon on side DOES NOT touch. You can taste the bacon in the French toast and it gives the FT a nice crispy texture

Really good......

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
A great way to cook French Toast is first cook 2 pieces of quality bacon in a pan. There shouldn't be that much bacon fat and if there is you can drain it out. Then you cook the French Toast in the same pan till it is a dark golden brown - I go real butter and like Vermont Maid maple syrup - bacon on side DOES NOT touch. You can taste the bacon in the French toast and it gives the FT a nice crispy texture

Really good......

FYI, for legal reasons it has not been Vermont Maid Maple Syrup for some years.

Actual Maple Syrup will cost you at least 10$ a pint.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
FYI, for legal reasons it has not been Vermont Maid Maple Syrup for some years.

Actual Maple Syrup will cost you at least 10$ a pint.

Knight is Wild property and I'd think the state of Minnesota would produce a lot of maple syrup. I believe there are different types of maple trees.

Where I grew up we had these cool birch trees and the the street off my street was even called Birch Hill road.

I'm no tree hugger but love a good tree

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Jared Knight on waivers. What's next? France 2nd division? :dunno:

Or maybe they reward their longer tenured prospects with first crack as the 12-13 F and will let Knight continue learning the Iowa/MN system that he was doing very well in end of the year?

Have you seen all the Phillips highlights from Bruins preseason? No? Me neither.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Or maybe they reward their longer tenured prospects with first crack as the 12-13 F and will let Knight continue learning the Iowa/MN system that he was doing very well in end of the year?

Have you seen all the Phillips highlights from Bruins preseason? No? Me neither.

I haven't seen any knight highlights either. I was never enamoured with Phillips, just skeptical of knight. I'm skeptical of Phillips too though

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
1 French toast
2 pancakes
3 waffles

Pancakes are a distant third, and it's not even close, IMO. Also, by rule, any time I have a breakfast item that requires maple syrup, you have to make sausage. In fact it's against the Geneva convention to not make it.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Pancakes are a distant third, and it's not even close, IMO. Also, by rule, any time I have a breakfast item that requires maple syrup, you have to make sausage. In fact it's against the Geneva convention to not make it.

For me, it all depends on what kind of waffles. If we are talking frozen, it's pancakes every time. If we are talking hoity-toity $30 a plate Brunch waffles with strawberries and whip cream...well that's another matter entirely.

I like sausage (not a much as you though :laugh:), but bacon is number one, and it tastes great with syrup as well.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I haven't seen any knight highlights either. I was never enamoured with Phillips, just skeptical of knight. I'm skeptical of Phillips too though

Glad to see you around hadn't seen you - your my favorite knight hater.:)

Agree or disagree enjoy your prospect opinions and overall hockey views

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

Lonnie - you got the yutes in pancake age (the ages where you have to add ears)....I can only eat pancakes on Sunday and late morning before watching football because they just zap energy and the couch is only place to be as breakfast wrecks havoc inside

Pancakes should be called nap cakes

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA

Really good......

Bacon is the go to breakfast meat in my house, but whenever I have an item that you have syrup on, I have to have sausage. And yes, I know you'll probably respond with another sausage joke, so have at it. :laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Lonnie - you got the yutes in pancake age (the ages where you have to add ears)....I can only eat pancakes on Sunday and late morning before watching football because they just zap energy and the couch is only place to be as breakfast wrecks havoc inside

Pancakes should be called nap cakes

The girls all love pancakes, and my wife does too. Personally, I hate them. Always have, ever since I was a little kid. My wife gets mad because she'll make a big batch of them, and while she's doing that, I'll be cooking eggs...:laugh:

Back on topic though, what do you expect from Knight this year?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
You guys are killing me. I can eat breakfast any time of day.

I love all of it.
I called in sick today (I got that damn cold/cough thing and everyone would be pissed if I sat their hacking all day) so I been gargling salt water and basically don't feel that bad- not like the weekend.

So 'm off and figure I'll go food shopping and I soon after find myself staring at the waffles (I kid you not) like a 1970 teenage boy at his first strip joint. (same effect also:help:) I did not bite- literally. Waffles were on my 'buzzed go to food' as a teen. I could do an entire pack.

I still go Eggo waffles but the waffle market has exploded lot of choices....I wont buy French toast in a super market but waffles I am game.

I'll say this Entenmann's has a great lineup led by that chocolate cake. I resisted the temptation but not before telling that cake 'you aint seen the last of me':naughty:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
The girls all love pancakes, and my wife does too. Personally, I hate them. Always have, ever since I was a little kid. My wife gets mad because she'll make a big batch of them, and while she's doing that, I'll be cooking eggs...:laugh:

Back on topic though, what do you expect from Knight this year?

he got in a fight with Kerby Reichel in the OHL playoffs and developed groin and quad problems that caused him all sorts of problems. He went to Arizona this year at API or whatever its called and apparently is finally got his legs back- no more heavy lifting, etc....

we shall see- but he played a couple of exhibition games and apparently did well per a guy that watched him

he is a hockey player not a football player so if he is healthy he will make it

one of my friends is a Pro scout and told me he would not give 'a plug nickel for Knight- he aint the same guy he was in Junior':cry:

but then he told me the Western scout with their org who was watching the Wild said Knight looked much better in Iowa and was worth following again \; he said Knight has to play like the Iowa guy not the Boston guy. But that was in the summer

I have not seen him play either of those games this week but an HF person who did PM'd me and says he looked very fast and clocked Eberle with a hard clean check that sent him on his ass

I'm glad to hear he changed his training and is no longer into squats and heavy weights and doing all hockey stuff with the guy who trained Toews and Keith and Coburn and several other players both star and bubble guys

The fact he got multiple exhibition games is a good sign

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
For me, it all depends on what kind of waffles. If we are talking frozen, it's pancakes every time. If we are talking hoity-toity $30 a plate Brunch waffles with strawberries and whip cream...well that's another matter entirely.

I like sausage (not a much as you though :laugh:), but bacon is number one, and it tastes great with syrup as well.

Hoity-toity! Glad to see some juicy phrases not dead.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Bacon is the go to breakfast meat in my house, but whenever I have an item that you have syrup on, I have to have sausage. And yes, I know you'll probably respond with another sausage joke, so have at it. :laugh:

I had a sausage with peppers and onions at TD Garden the other night which was pretty good, really good actually- $7.50 so I figured overpaying a couple of bucks but gotta help the man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad