Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
dan, i saw knight wasn't dressed about a week ago. was that a healthy scratch? did cassidy reach out to john torchetti to get him up to date on knight's shortcomings? and was it really male models that capped kennedy from the grassy knoll like duchovny said in zoolander?

Actually it was Cancer Man (C.G.B. Spender) from the catch basin on Elm Street in Dealey Plaza.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
dan, i saw knight wasn't dressed about a week ago. was that a healthy scratch? did cassidy reach out to john torchetti to get him up to date on knight's shortcomings? and was it really male models that capped kennedy from the grassy knoll like duchovny said in zoolander?

pretty good assessment;)

your post is so spectacularly accurate you will never know and for once I'm not joking

The Wild is an appropriate place for Knight because they may look at domesticating him to play hockey.

As Claude once said to Spooner....oops, I better shut up I already did it once earlier in this thread and tried to weasel my way out of it

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm in full agreement with your shaving habits. I can match lazy with all comers.

If Cassidy actually discouraged Knight from using his backhand, I'm on the bandwagon to run him out of Bruins country. The use of the backhand should be encouraged and worked on by young players in the minors. Not using it takes away options. That's senseless.

shaving really sucks- I picked up my kid from school Thursday to take her to Bruins game and she says 'I like the beard, are we in playoff mode?' and I told her, 'no I am only shaving on Sunday's'

I am going to drop the backhand stuff but if we ever meet up I'll be glad to expound on this and it will all makes sense; and I hope we do meet up I enjoy you here a lot

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
shaving really sucks- I picked up my kid from school Thursday to take her to Bruins game and she says 'I like the beard, are we in playoff mode?' and I told her, 'no I am only shaving on Sunday's'

I am going to drop the backhand stuff but if we ever meet up I'll be glad to expound on this and it will all makes sense; and I hope we do meet up I enjoy you here a lot

Thanks, I really appreciate that.

Scoutguy77

Jun 7, 2009
He has looked very good ! Plays a 200 foot game and equally good on both sides of the puck. Kind of a hybrid, plays a checking type game when necessary but has great offensive instinct. Cassidy has had him playing all 3 forward positions. He plays a game that will translate well at the next level, very dependable, not flasy.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He has looked very good ! Plays a 200 foot game and equally good on both sides of the puck. Kind of a hybrid, plays a checking type game when necessary but has great offensive instinct. Cassidy has had him playing all 3 forward positions. He plays a game that will translate well at the next level, very dependable, not flasy.

thank you lac...who does he compare against existing bruin players?

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

His skating seems to be the one thing that could hold him back from translating

How has that looked since being here?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
But as the story goes, "I don't blame you, I blame the one that hired you."

but we sure as hell don't want to give any credit for drafting dougie Hamilton because everyone knew he was the right pick lol

and for gods sakes we cant give any credit for drafting tyler seguin because he was a no brainer right lol

but if any other good players don't get drafted... then by all means we better make ourselves look like genius and blame the whole damn system

(of course the logic problem is that there is no example of any other real scouting team in history that we can point to as an example of a scouting team that could actually live up the standards that some people here would demand before they start tossing around blame... which says far more about the grasp of reality that the blamers manage than it does about the systems that the blamers want to be crying against)

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

This could work out very well for both teams; Boston gets a jack of all trades type who can work well in their system and the Wild get a fast and North/South player.

A guy I know who covers that area but has seen the Eastern AHL teams told me he cant believe that the guy playing for Iowa is the same guy who looked lost in Providence.

The Iowa Wild game is still going on but good to see Knight already with a goal and an assist tonight with 15 minutes left but I'm going to bed.

some trades work out for both organizations and change is needed- this has all the makings of just that

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Great to hear, but it just makes the handling of him by Boston all the more infuriating.

wondering, not challenging if Wild fans are saying the same about Phillips? Stats don`t tell all but 15pts in 49 games with their AHL team, 8pts in 12 games with the PB`s

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
wondering, not challenging if Wild fans are saying the same about Phillips? Stats don`t tell all but 15pts in 49 games with their AHL team, 8pts in 12 games with the PB`s

Was Phillips (mis)handled by Minnesota the way Knight was here? I'd like to know the answer to that.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Was Phillips (mis)handled by Minnesota the way Knight was here? I'd like to know the answer to that.

I`m a believer that EVERY organization has, at the very least, a few prospects in their system that their fan base feels is being misused or miscast

based on the conversation here, it appears both Phillips and Knight are feeling more comfortable and confident with the roles they are playing with their new clubs?

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Still way too early to tell how things will turn out, but just to update this for further discussion down the road:

Knight w/PRO: 36gp, 1g/2a, -6, 38 PIM's, (.083 ppg)

Knight w/IOWA: 10gp, 3g/3a, +4, 2 PIM's, (.60 ppg)

-----

Phillips w/IOWA: 49gp, 7g/8a, -19 14 PIM's (.31 ppg)

Phillips w/PRO: 12gp, 3g/5a, +3, 0 PIM's (.66 ppg)

These stats were through Tuesday. I believe Knight went scoreless Thurs night (had a goal waived off on an offsides call), but played well and got PK time.

According to Mark D on Twitter, Phillips is a healthy scratch tonight for PRO.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Still way too early to tell how things will turn out, but just to update this for further discussion down the road:

Knight w/PRO: 36gp, 1g/2a, -6, 38 PIM's, (.083 ppg)

Knight w/IOWA: 10gp, 3g/3a, +4, 2 PIM's, (.60 ppg)

-----

Phillips w/IOWA: 49gp, 7g/8a, -19 14 PIM's (.31 ppg)

Phillips w/PRO: 12gp, 3g/5a, +3, 0 PIM's (.66 ppg)

These stats were through Tuesday. I believe Knight went scoreless Thurs night (had a goal waived off on an offsides call), but played well and got PK time.

According to Mark D on Twitter, Phillips is a healthy scratch tonight for PRO.

my vision back on March 2 of the Bruins ******** the bed and missing the playoffs is near fruition....I wish I was 25 and had one of Seguin's leftovers for every time someone has mentioned how freaking brilliant a call this was.

even part deux of Chiarelli getting canned and replaced by Don Sweeney looks like it will happen

unfortunately part 3 is Sweeney (who traded Knight, not Chiarelli) goes back to Fletcher and gets him back is not looking good- don't think the Wild are going to do this- don't think they want to give him up and are already questioning what the Boston was doing with this kid (there is a ****ing surprise)

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
my vision back on March 2 of the Bruins ******** the bed and missing the playoffs is near fruition....I wish I was 25 and had one of Seguin's leftovers for every time someone has mentioned how freaking brilliant a call this was.

even part deux of Chiarelli getting canned and replaced by Don Sweeney looks like it will happen

unfortunately part 3 is Sweeney (who traded Knight, not Chiarelli) goes back to Fletcher and gets him back is not looking good- don't think the Wild are going to do this- don't think they want to give him up and are already questioning what the Boston was doing with this kid (there is a ****ing surprise)

I don't really know where you stand on this Dan. You've made that prediction here several times and you've even told me so over the phone.

Then I read things like this:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=100515577&postcount=136

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=100446941&postcount=527

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=100327881&postcount=46

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=100238527&postcount=948

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=100136045&postcount=624

-Chia survives.
-Chia gets fired.
-Sweeney will take over.
-Lets wait and see who the GM is.

As much as I luv you man, I am having trouble keeping up with your "opinion" from day to day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia