Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Knight and Phillips both did not play yesterday. Knight a healthy scratch? Not sure about phillips
Cassidy just swapped the Friday night 4th lines with the scratched guys like Werek, Carey, and Kane with Phillips and the two newbies

Boston wants to get a look at these two new players

also, not sure what happened to Camara if he is hurt or not because he wasn't listed as anything- I don't believe he is hurt, he wasn't during the week but maybe something cnanged

as for Knight I just took a look at the last 10 minutes of the game on Friday night versus San Antonio on AHL Live (SA is the best team in the Conference) to see if he was doing anything.

He was playing with Sutter and the score was 0-0 with a minute left and Knight was on the ice and blocked a point shot- the feed is good and he took it right on the knee and hobbled off and went down the runway and never came back- although the OT lasted less than a minute....my guess if he was playing on one of the top two lines and was out there in the last minute of a game he got hurt

lets see if he is in the lineup today or is he injured

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Found this on AHL plays of the week' from Sunday 3/29- Knight is #6 (just forward to 2:45 to see that he is alive and doing fine)

Last edited:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
good speed.

go to the 2:45 second mark to see Knight- found on AHL plays of week. He was forbidden to use a backhand in Providence so glad to see allowed in Iowa

Last edited:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
go to the 2:45 second mark to see Knight- found on AHL plays of week. He was forbidden to use a backhand in Providence so glad to see allowed in Iowa

I'm not doubting you, I realize you may have the same level of hate for Cassidy that I do for small, soft Europeans and may be a bit biased in your assessment of the Knight/Cassidy issue, but if this is the case and you have an AHL coach telling developing players not to use a backhand shot he should be fired today.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'm not doubting you, I realize you may have the same level of hate for Cassidy that I do for small, soft Europeans and may be a bit biased in your assessment of the Knight/Cassidy issue, but if this is the case and you have an AHL coach telling developing players not to use a backhand shot he should be fired today.

I will buy anyone a beer who can provide proof Knight ever even used a back hand pass let alone a shot in Providence. amazed- love to know why after Dom said was one of best in OHL if not best; saw him 20 times and not one. Why?

Last edited:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I will buy anyone a beer who can provide proof Knight ever even used a back hand pass let alone a shot in Providence. It's not a coincidence all I'll say on this board - in person that's another story - in fact one of many ;)

Not trying to be a smart guy here DKH but I miss the day`s when the back hand was a legit way to beat the goalies as it`s one of the most difficult shots for the goalie to judge where it`s going

The new sticks, the crazy curves on the blades have all but eliminated it from the game.

Perhaps I was a bit of a wacky coach (keeping in mind, never coached higher than midget) but I often had my stronger offensive players on their off with for two reasons, they could release the puck quickly off a pass or they had the puck on their back hand and it left the goalie guessing

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Not trying to be a smart guy here DKH but I miss the day`s when the back hand was a legit way to beat the goalies as it`s one of the most difficult shots for the goalie to judge where it`s going

The new sticks, the crazy curves on the blades have all but eliminated it from the game.

Perhaps I was a bit of a wacky coach (keeping in mind, never coached higher than midget) but I often had my stronger offensive players on their off with for two reasons, they could release the puck quickly off a pass or they had the puck on their back hand and it left the goalie guessing

Whatever I heard of this great shot, backhander, speed and the perfect Bruins from an amateur scout and he's not doing squat between being benched and watching college FA like Merrimak's Mike Collins come in and play over him and put on special teams only to be cut 10 days later

This is why I want Chiarelli gone - cassidy relationship going back to youth has allowed this coach to go rouge.

Make no mistake Cassidy was hired by Chiarelli as an assistant coach in Providence with a game plan of being in line when Claude got the ax. Problem was Claude won a Cup and Neely became Chias boss and had last say.

You think Claude didn't know this and why Cassidy didn't replace Ward. Peter wanted him up there and of course Cassidy openly campaigned to Haggs in an article he wrote but Claude was not going along

My take is Cassidy looks at Sweeney as a pain in the ass and knows he'd rather do it his way and know he has his backing

All this is my take and maybe I'm all wet but I don't believe I'm off much if at all

Done!!!! I'll let this die but when I saw that video of Knight it brought back all this dislike of Cassidy

Last edited:

trenton1

Bergeron for Hart
Dec 19, 2003
Loge 31 Row 10

That's the one i was referring to. Good speed, even with the puck.

I can't believe they didn't allow a 2nd round pick lots of top situation time in Providence or even just a game in Boston to see if he could do anything there.
I suppose Tommy Cross is another 2nd rounder who won't benefit the big club, but defensemen are tougher to groom and the Bruins needed help in the 4th line winger/right handed shot category for nearly two years. I don't necessarily find the Knight situation to be outrageous but it is certainly peculiar. Something isn't right. I don't know enough about the situation in Providence to say with any confidence--but the numbers show he didn't play much in Providence.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That's the one i was referring to. Good speed, even with the puck.

I can't believe they didn't allow a 2nd round pick lots of top situation time in Providence or even just a game in Boston to see if he could do anything there.
I suppose Tommy Cross is another 2nd rounder who won't benefit the big club, but defensemen are tougher to groom and the Bruins needed help in the 4th line winger/right handed shot category for nearly two years. I don't necessarily find the Knight situation to be outrageous but it is certainly peculiar. Something isn't right. I don't know enough about the situation in Providence to say with any confidence--but the numbers show he didn't play much in Providence.

I been told Cassidy is a smart guy- very smart but that he ain't perfect and made mistakes in Washington. Maybe knight is one

Either way Boston looks to be in good to great shape going forward with

Pasta
Connolly
Ferlin
Griffith

All are under 23 so even if Knight ends up being what they hoped when they drafted him they have a nice little group here on RW

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
I been told Cassidy is a smart guy- very smart but that he ain't perfect and made mistakes in Washington. Maybe knight is one

Either way Boston looks to be in good to great shape going forward with

Pasta
Connolly
Ferlin
Griffith

All are under 23 so even if Knight ends up being what they hoped when they drafted him they have a nice little group here on RW

Agreed. Give chiarelli some credit for taking the teams biggest weakness this offseason in RW and turning it into a strength with the acquisition of Connolly and the drafting of pastrnak. Pastrnak, Connolly, smith, ferlin is a good talented young group of RW and it's no longer a need. The only real need left on the bruins is a top 4 RHD and unfortunately there isn't a lot of hope on the roster or the system to fill that void.

However we said the same thing about RW just 6 months ago and chiarelli solved that problem.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Agreed. Give chiarelli some credit for taking the teams biggest weakness this offseason in RW and turning it into a strength with the acquisition of Connolly and the drafting of pastrnak. Pastrnak, Connolly, smith, ferlin is a good talented young group of RW and it's no longer a need. The only real need left on the bruins is a top 4 RHD and unfortunately there isn't a lot of hope on the roster or the system to fill that void.

However we said the same thing about RW just 6 months ago and chiarelli solved that problem.

Chiarelli imo did a very good to amazing job getting Pasta in the draft and potentially Connolly in that deal

I admit Connolly is a player I've always liked

Bostons only glaring need to me is one top three rock on defense

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Do fans on other teams track the stats of prospects they were obsessed with who were traded?

Yes.

I know I still check Colbornes stats.

When prospects or players are traded or released, and you feel like its unjust, obviously you'll want the player to stick it to the team and to show WHY you were obsessed with said player.

Knight is one of those players for me.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yes.

When prospects or players are traded or released, and you feel like its unjust, obviously you'll want the player to stick it to the team and to show WHY you were obsessed with said player.

Mike Yeo Eyebrows is obsessed with me and its a wise choice:handclap: I feel bad he cant follow me without going on a work computer or ipad not logged in to HF. I'm sure he does though based on his comments. Smart kid. met him and no doubt about it

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Yes.

I'll be following Lucic when he's gone;)

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
Mike Yeo Eyebrows is obsessed with me and its a wise choice:handclap: I feel bad he cant follow me without going on a work computer or ipad not logged in to HF. I'm sure he does though based on his comments. Smart kid. met him and no doubt about it

:laugh:

Dan, its because you're wonderful.

MillerTime 86

So Long Tyler SeQuin
May 11, 2007
On a Rock
Knight with a goal in a rare whooping dealt out by the Iowa Wild at home tonight …

$2 beer night at Wells Fargo Arena tonight too :laugh: :cheers:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

Seems rather illogical. Like telling a basketball player to only go right.

What's the source on this one?

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Seems rather illogical. Like telling a basketball player to only go right.

What's the source on this one?

me:laugh:

I figured it out watching that every time Knight was about to use his backhand he froze up, looked at Cassidy who was making a face (you know that mean one your mom gave you) and he stopped and dumped the puck in. It doesn't take a genius to figure out Cassidy frowns (good pun, huh) on Knight using it. Although....

I'm very smart- when I look in the mirror right before shaving and I ask the mirror who's the fairest of them all, it comes back me:handclap:....although I only shave once a week now- Sunday's because I'm to lazy, but with the playoffs coming the Bruins will get me to skip at least a week.

btw- wasn't going to post on this thread because well Mike Yeo Eyebrows doesn't like me posting about Knight and might start bleeding down there (he doesn't like me you know:cry:) but since you bumped this up

I turned into third period for a few minutes and saw Knight catch to Rochester Amerks or whatever they call that team from behind on the back check.

awesome stuff:nod:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I figured it out watching that every time Knight was about to use his backhand he froze up, looked at Cassidy who was making a face (you know that mean one your mom gave you) and he stopped and dumped the puck in. It doesn't take a genius to figure out Cassidy frowns (good pun, huh) on Knight using it. Although....

I'm very smart- when I look in the mirror right before shaving and I ask the mirror who's the fairest of them all, it comes back me:handclap:....although I only shave once a week now- Sunday's because I'm to lazy, but with the playoffs coming the Bruins will get me to skip at least a week.

btw- wasn't going to post on this thread because well Mike Yeo Eyebrows doesn't like me posting about Knight and might start bleeding down there (he doesn't like me you know:cry:) but since you bumped this up

I turned into third period for a few minutes and saw Knight catch to Rochester Amerks or whatever they call that team from behind on the back check.

I'm in full agreement with your shaving habits. I can match lazy with all comers.

If Cassidy actually discouraged Knight from using his backhand, I'm on the bandwagon to run him out of Bruins country. The use of the backhand should be encouraged and worked on by young players in the minors. Not using it takes away options. That's senseless.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey

Hey Dan-o

Long time

I remember telling you and saying it here- he may just have the best back hand I've seen since Mats Sundin. Told you to watch him in warm up and how he practices it. You were quite surprised because after all the eye tests you had, you didn't even notice it. But hey, you know I notice these things.

But it's a Knight problem. He shy's away from it. Don't know why.

Here's his 46 goal season in the OHL. Count on one hand how many are on the back hand.

Maybe the Cassidy stare got to him. You could be right.

And maybe in junior, it was fear of retribution from Dale Hunter

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

dan, i saw knight wasn't dressed about a week ago. was that a healthy scratch? did cassidy reach out to john torchetti to get him up to date on knight's shortcomings? and was it really male models that capped kennedy from the grassy knoll like duchovny said in zoolander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad