Confirmed with Link: Jared Knight to wild for Zach Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I had a sausage with peppers and onions at TD Garden the other night which was pretty good, really good actually- $7.50 so I figured overpaying a couple of bucks but gotta help the man

If you look around at prices of food today too, that's not even that bad. You spend that much if you go to mcdonalds today which to me is great because then maybe people will stop buying it if it's not cheap anymore

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If you look around at prices of food today too, that's not even that bad. You spend that much if you go to mcdonalds today which to me is great because then maybe people will stop buying it if it's not cheap anymore

People have stopped. Their business has seen a huge drop off and their sales are tumbling. Scary times for that company.

Strange Universe

Apr 8, 2009
People have stopped. Their business has seen a huge drop off and their sales are tumbling. Scary times for that company.

I agree, times are changing and they will have to structure their business in a way that will allow them to fall back into the game or else it may become the end.

I for one, have not eaten at a McDonalds since 1981 and will never set foot again unless things do change drastically from a food prospective.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
what's wrong with making food like chipotle does for example? Pretty quality ingredients and it's not exactly more expensive than mcdonalds or any of the other fast food giants.

sad days for Knight when we turn his thread into a food discussion :laugh:

I'll check in on what he's doing with iowa this year, he looked much better after the trade, think he still can make a NHL team at some point.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
French Toast- Brioche bread
Pancakes- Pumpkin Pancakes
Waffles- with fried chicken

And don't argue against me. You are wrong.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Im a master pancake maker

pancakes are great but I don't know how anyone can do anything an hour after but operate a remote from a couch or easy chair

if I ever get the death sentence I'm eating pancakes before

also

TD Garden food has gotten so much better over the years- the Sal's super slice is pretty good. It's not Boston Garden pizza but still worth it.

speaking of Boston Garden pizza they come out once a year for the Topsfield Fair and I'm going next week so I hope they are back

since I been a kid I been going, first as a kid with folks, then with friends, then with family and the last couple of years I like to take a half day and go by self and eat my way through that place while seeing everything I WANT TO:laugh: and not having to do rides, rides, rides and try and win stuffed animals as soon as I bring home my dog tries to rip apart...... the birds of prey is my favorite at the Fair but for some reason I rub some of these (usually the ones with the claws that Freddie Kruger would kill for) birds the wrong way because they want at me and I'm not kidding- many here know my youngest yute and she will vouch be it an owl at the Museum of Science, a red hawk circling the park, a crow in the yard and especially these birds at the Fair they want a piece of me:amazed: screw them all I say but I do like looking at them

birds aside I got a list of food for Topsfield Day and right at the top is

1. Garden pizza
2. hot apple pie and vanilla ice cream:nod:

I'm sure there will be more

actually I kind of feel like hurling just thinking of food right now- just got back from Blue Marlin in Essex (I'm a fried clam expert and this place is elite)....the bread they bring out is incredible....forget Woodman's go to this place

what is cool is go to bar grab a fried clam appetizer and your favorite beverage

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
thought I'd bump this with a quick thought. Knight and Phillips both seemed to receive a "bump" immediately following the trade, but have both in this season reverted back to what they had been prior to the trade. Phillips is playing disinterested lazy hockey resulting in minimal points and the occasional scratch, while knight has reverted back to a player that can't score, 0 points in 10 games and was scratched today for a terrible Iowa team. (or is injured). This trade was much adu about nothing. A bust for bust swap that started as such and will finish as such. Anything to the contrary will be a wild, wild, outlier considering the general rule of thumb when pros can't produce 4 years into the AHL.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Watched the Iowa game last night after gave up on Bruins. Knight had a half dozen hits and a handful of shots. Talked to my buddy who scouts that league last week and he said he watched iowa back to back and he was their fastest and most physical forward and not surprisingly got hit of game - points or not I expect him up in Minnesota

I didn't bump this and I know from reading this thread and Bruins board the last 15 years many root against Bruins players for whatever reason.

People are going to believe what they want to believe be it Jared Knight, Chris Kelly, Vladimit Sobotka,or Zac Rinaldo.

It's like the erroneous **** I read on Sweeney and the Hamilton situation. You have to decide what and how much to say when you have information others don't. I find it interesting watching Dom deal with the Hamilton issues as an example because I sat across from this guy in a restaurant in London a couple of years ago and he told me 'different bird' and don't be surprised this doesn't end well.....that is the short of it

I'm not bumping this again unless I feel the need to say something to counter a cheap shot and you can always use ignore I promise my feelings won't be hurt - I factor in the 20% dislike (right Wally);)

When Knight gets recalled I'll let Fire Sweeney do the honors

OutspokenMinority*

Watched the Iowa game last night after gave up on Bruins. Knight had a half dozen hits and a handful of shots. Talked to my buddy who scouts that league last week and he said he watched iowa back to back and he was their fastest and most physical forward and not surprisingly got hit of game - points or not I expect him up in Minnesota

I didn't bump this and I know from reading this thread and Bruins board the last 15 years many root against Bruins players for whatever reason.

People are going to believe what they want to believe be it Jared Knight, Chris Kelly, Vladimit Sobotka,or Zac Rinaldo.

It's like the erroneous **** I read on Sweeney and the Hamilton situation. You have to decide what and how much to say when you have information others don't. I find it interesting watching Dom deal with the Hamilton issues as an example because I sat across from this guy in a restaurant in London a couple of years ago and he told me 'different bird' and don't be surprised this doesn't end well.....that is the short of it

I'm not bumping this again unless I feel the need to say something to counter a cheap shot and you can always use ignore I promise my feelings won't be hurt - I factor in the 20% dislike (right Wally);)

are you people?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston

HockeyDB has no statistics for Knight. Maybe he was called up or released?

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
At this point, I think we can use the ex-bruin thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad