Eklund Rumor: Isles pushing for Trouba

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Depends if karlsson had a contract then you would need more. If he is just a rental idk
I did not say Pulock alone.
I said Pulock coming off a 32 pt rookie season and no 1st pp time, would be a main piece and not a complimentary piece.

He is one of the isles top youngsters and if another team did not value him as high as the nyi,then it is simple enough for the nyi to keep Pulock and offer instead one of Pelech/Aho.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Damn I didn’t know NYI got Seth Jones and Brock Boeser at 11, and 12, values sure do increase after the players falling in the draft. In terms of prospects, I’d prefer the Jets #1 wing and #1D prospects over the Isles pair

Trouba > Vesalainen+Niku > Dobson+Wahlstrom

Reactions: Snowman

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Here’s the best list of examples to why “Blue Chip Prospect” will never be as good as my experienced and proven 1st pairing player...

• Dal Colle
• Reinhart
• Ho Sang
• Ryan Strome(he was looking good but completely hit the ditch)
• De Haan(he was good but he was never a Top Pairing talent and was also drafted at the same spot as Dobson)

The list can go on and on, proven players should always be of more value unless we are talking Franchise altering potential(and no Dobson and Wahlstrom are far from it).

Yep, exactly what Avs fans said last offseason.

All Islanders prospects are busts because the Islanders suck and will never draft a good player ever again. Reinhart, Strome, Dal Colle all busted, therefore Barzal will join them and also bust.

Now, Barzal puts up the best rookie season since Malkin, what's the narrative? "That was a fluke, it'll never happen again, Wahlstrom and Dobson are the next Dal Colle & Reinhart because the Islanders suck and will never draft a good player ever again. Oh, but please trade them both to us."

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Damn I didn’t know NYI got Seth Jones and Brock Boeser at 11, and 12, values sure do increase after the players falling in the draft. In terms of prospects, I’d prefer the Jets #1 wing and #1D prospects over the Isles pair

No. the isles got 2 bluechippers at 11th and 12th overall. Time will tell what they do at the nhl level.

Glad you are pleased with the Jets #1D prospect and #1 winger prospect. Isles fans are also pleased with Dobson +Walhstrom.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA

1. Mock Islander fans for valuing prospects Wahlstrom + Dobson highly.
2. One sentence later, pump the value for Jets prospects Vesalainen + Niku.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

All Islanders prospects are busts because the Islanders suck and will never draft a good player ever again. Reinhart, Strome, Dal Colle all busted, therefore Barzal will join them and also bust.

Now, Barzal puts up the best rookie season since Malkin, what's the narrative? "That was a fluke, it'll never happen again, Wahlstrom and Dobson are the next Dal Colle & Reinhart because the Islanders suck and will never draft a good player ever again. Oh, but please trade them both to us."
Nice strawman.

Proven > potential, unless the prospect in question is considered a can't miss -prospect like Dahlin or McDavid. In this instance, you're basically acquiring a guy who you would hope to have one day in Dobson. It should be obvious that the proven guy has a lot more value.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Nice strawman.

Proven > potential, unless the prospect in question is considered a can't miss -prospect like Dahlin or McDavid. In this instance, you're basically acquiring a guy who you would hope to have one day in Dobson. It should be obvious that the proven guy has a lot more value.
What should also be obvious is that A) Trouba is 2 seasons from being a ufa and B) this is the 2nd straight contract impasse for Trouba +Winnipeg, leading to questions about whether he wants to play in a particular city.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Nice strawman.

No strawman whatsoever. I can easily find quotes from Avs fans last offseason saying Barzal's ceiling is Duchene, "you hope Barzal one day becomes Duchene", etc. We hope Dobson is better than Trouba. Much like Matt Duchene, he's a fine enough NHL player, but you're trying to tell me a Mercedes is a Lamborghini.

I mean, you're the contending team and we're the ones in the Jack Hughes sweepstakes. Shouldn't we be offering the proven 40-goal scorer Anders Lee for Vesalainen + Niku + 2019 1st + 2020 1st? Proven > potential and the Jets actually have a Cup window open after all.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
What should also be obvious is that A) Trouba is 2 seasons from being a ufa and B) this is the 2nd straight contract impasse for Trouba +Winnipeg, leading to questions about whether he wants to play in a particular city.

It should also be noted that in a capworld a Trouba who gets 6.5-7M is worth less then a Trouba who is on a long term 5M deal

Reactions: Guffman

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
No strawman whatsoever. I can easily find quotes from Avs fans last offseason saying Barzal's ceiling is Duchene, "you hope Barzal one day becomes Duchene", etc. We hope Dobson is better than Trouba. Much like Matt Duchene, he's a fine enough NHL player, but you're trying to tell me a Mercedes is a Lamborghini.

I mean, you're the contending team and we're the ones in the Jack Hughes sweepstakes. Shouldn't we be offering the proven 40-goal scorer Anders Lee for Vesalainen + Niku + 2019 1st + 2020 1st? Proven > potential and the Jets actually have a Cup window open after all.
Dig up a quote in which an 85-point season was ever considered to be realistic, while you're at it.

Also, why bother posting unrealistic nonsense? You're just wasting words.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Dig up a quote in which an 85-point season was ever considered to be realistic, while you're at it.

Also, why bother posting unrealistic nonsense? You're just wasting words.

So the Winnipeg Jets, who made the WCF and have a strong solid young core, trading bluechip prospects and 1st rounders for veteran help = unrealistic nonsense.

The New York Islanders, who missed the playoffs and lost a whole bunch of players including our captain, trading bluechip prospects and 1st rounders for veteran help = a brilliant plan.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
I did not say Pulock alone.
I said Pulock coming off a 32 pt rookie season and no 1st pp time, would be a main piece and not a complimentary piece.

He is one of the isles top youngsters and if another team did not value him as high as the nyi,then it is simple enough for the nyi to keep Pulock and offer instead one of Pelech/Aho.
Karlsson even with his ankle if he said he would sign on the island would get pulock in a second , I can't see them doing it for one year of him tho

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
So the Winnipeg Jets, who made the WCF and have a strong solid young core, trading bluechip prospects and 1st rounders for veteran help = unrealistic nonsense.

The New York Islanders, who missed the playoffs and lost a whole bunch of players including our captain, trading bluechip prospects and 1st rounders for veteran help = a brilliant plan.
Addressing a need at D by adding a young 1D for prospects = sensible.

Adding a piece who fills no need whatsoever and will walk in a year for prospects = not sensible.

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Addressing a need at D by adding a young 1D for prospects = sensible.

Adding a piece who fills no need whatsoever and will walk in a year for prospects = not sensible.

Contending teams add pieces who will walk in a year or two.

Ottawa has a need at LW with Hoffman being traded. Is it sensible for them to trade Tkachuk for a year of Panarin?

You can quite easily summarize that as "Addressing a need at LW by adding a young #1LW for prospects = sensible" as well.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Karlsson even with his ankle if he said he would sign on the island would get pulock in a second , I can't see them doing it for one year of him tho
Ok. Again. I did not say isles would not trade Pulock for EK . I said Pulock would be a main piece and not a complimentary piece.

Also, there is tweet with a link on the nyi board reporting the isles were willing to trade for EK and take on Ryan's contract, but EK's refusal to sign an extension had ended those trade talks.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The question is whether he wants to play in a particular country. It is nothing against Winnipeg. His fiancé is in medical school in Florida (and I recall there is an issue with his father having issues entering Canada - not sure though as I cant find any link corroborating it).

I still hope that this is merely negotiation tactics and the 2 sides agree to a multi year deal.

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I'd do that in a heartbeat.
In no way do I trade either Pulock, Wahlstrom, or Dobson for him. It just doesn't make sense for us to give up futures for a team with a mini rebuild going on. I will offer the following.....

Pelech
Bellows
Sorokin or Soderstrom
2nd 2019
i wouldnt, i wouldnt even consider it

how about letting bellows and pulock develop first'

the problem with most islander fans if the y would have drafted a Trouba in the first place is that like you they would have traded him for other shiny trinkets

patience is a virtue to everyone but islander fans

Trouba was once A Dobson, Laine was once a Wahlstrom, and the same goes for Pulock Barzal amd Bellows,the only difference is Winnepeg waited more than 2 weeks to let them develop

mark scheifele in his first season with the jets 7 games 1 point
in his second year 4 games no points
in his 3rd year 34 points

only in islandersville are players judged before they play one game

90 percent of islanders fans think patience is a form of plague

Codee and Crew99 PW Kevin27 Dano16 Piferal and a few others are rational but like I say 90% of Islanders fans are so damaged by Milbury Wang Spano et althat they dont have the sense of a tse tse fly

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
The question is whether he wants to play in a particular country. It is nothing against Winnipeg. His fiancé is in medical school in Florida (and I recall there is an issue with his father having issues entering Canada).

I still hope that this is merely negotiation tactics and the 2 sides agree to a multi year deal.

I am not surprised Lou is shopping for D and kicking tires. Not enough term before he is a ufa for me to be comfortable moving top youngsters.

I hope he stays in Winnipeg and out of the Eastern conference.

JetsHomer

Nov 29, 2011
Isn’t Pulock only 3 years from UFA? Both be and Trouba are 94s and it’ll be his 27 year old season in 3 years.

2 years of Trouba >>>3 of Pulock

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Isn’t Pulock only 3 years from UFA? Both be and Trouba are 94s and it’ll be his 27 year old season in 3 years.

Pulock reportedly posted a twitter pic of him wearing nyi gear as a kid, after the Tavares mess. Not sure if it was pjs or a jersey :sarcasm:
So, I expect this means he is staying long-term.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

so is 1 year of McDavid over 2 of Scheifele,

but youre not trading trouba for just Pulock. just like no one is trading McDavid for scheifele

so enough with your bullspit sign your own problems or find another sucker

that kind of dishonest posting you are famous for

Last edited:

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Do they have the assets?

Why would the Islanders not have the assets? Most teams would have something IF they really wanted that player (badly enough)?

Is there something else behind your request i.e., only the Leafs have the assets for a good, young top-4 defender?

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017

It’s going right over your head, late round studs like Barzal are rare(you said it yourself he had the most points in a rookie season since Malkin), it’s much easier for a prospect to bust rather than become a player like Barzal and the Islanders past early round prospects prove that.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It’s going right over your head, late round studs like Barzal are rare(you said it yourself he had the most points in a rookie season since Malkin), it’s much easier for a prospect to bust rather than become a player like Barzal and the Islanders past early round prospects prove that.
Then count yourself lucky that it is the isles organization and fans,who are depending so heavily on Dobson & Wahlstrom to develop well and not your franchise.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
except Wahlstrom and Dobson in their draft class rated higher than Trouba did in his. so it stands to reason that if Trouba could succeed so can Wahlstrom and Dobson

youre not only asking for one of them your asking for multiples so keep your player and we'll keep ours. after all there's no reason that Dobson cant turn out better than trouba if allowed to develop

Reactions: MikeyMike01

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad