Eklund Rumor: Isles pushing for Trouba

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You make me laugh.
whether i make you laugh I could care less, isles fans like you make me cringe because youre always thinking now instead of rationally, trouba is the last thing we should be considering since he is a rental and will cost us long term controllable assets

deny it all you like because i dont care of you like me or not, I care about the team and short term goals only matter if it puts the team in a position to win. while you and others only care about the now now now.

we have a perfect opportunity to secure this franchises future if we are patient these next 2 years and show proper restraint, and thats what matters, not salving the wound of damaged children who say they are tired of losing, NEWSFLASH we arent winning a stanley cup in the next few years anyway, and real Islander fans are fine with that

the dynasty islanders were built that way and those of us who were there understand that,. so we know what it takes to win. YOU and others like you....dont have a damn clue

Last edited:

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
whether i make you laugh I could care less, isles fans like you make me cringe because youre always thinking now instead of rationally, trouba is the last thing we should be considering since he is a rental and will cost us long term controllable assets

deny it all you like because i dont care of you like me or not, I care about the team and short term goals only matter if it puts the team in a position to win. while you and others only care about the now now now.

we have a perfect opportunity to secure this franchise future if we are patient these next 2 years and show proper restraint, and thats what matters, not salving the wound of damaged children who say they are tired of losing, NEWSFLASH we arent winning a stanley cup in the next few years anyway, and real Islander fans are fine with that

Look up my post history and tell me I'm a "now now now" type poster. You make me laugh because you seem content to pigeonhole fans based on one post. You see things pretty black and white - it's funny.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
For the third or fourth time, his age is an issue as it relates to his contract status. He's further along than players they should be looking to stock up on imo.
Read or listen to Lou's interviews.
He has said a few times that he sees the isles as a retool not a rebuild like he had in Toronto because there are a lot more pieces in place already on LI.

According to the press Lou made a recent push for 28 yr old Karlsson, but backed out of the trade talks when EK would not agree to an extension.

Lou is not collecting 18-21 yr olds on ELCs

Reactions: kittiecarlyle

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I dont, think lou is dumb enough to give up the cost controlled assets it would require.. I dont think he even gives it a 2nd thought

8M for a guy who is offensively challenged and has played 2nd pairing for most of his career? not a chance in hell
If Trouba had more term before becoming a ufa,Lou would be making an offer.
One of Pulock or Dobson would be the center piece of his offer.

And do not forget the draft weekend reports that Lou was prepared to give up 11th or 12th overall for 29/30 yr old MaxPac until Dobson &Walhstrom fell into Lou's lap

kittiecarlyle

Nov 1, 2016

we have a perfect opportunity to secure this franchises future if we are patient these next 2 years and show proper restraint, and thats what matters, not salving the wound of damaged children who say they are tired of losing, NEWSFLASH we arent winning a stanley cup in the next few years anyway, and real Islander fans are fine with that

the dynasty islanders were built that way and those of us who were there understand that,. so we know what it takes to win. YOU and others like you....dont have a damn clue
I guess that would be entirely subjective.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
I guess that would be entirely subjective.
its not subjective at all. history has proven again and again that you build through the draft, in all sports, acquiring players like trouba while paying a premium for them at their most costliest is a negative return on investment. even if trouba plays his best, so what at 8M there is zero excess value, and if he plays at less than his best youre losing on the deal

teams win by having a roster that has a higher percentage of excess value than other teams, the yankees are a perfect example of this they have a roster of players whose talent level is much higher than their salaries and it enables them to maximize their bang for the buck. its not subjective at all.

in any league where salary is restricted either by a cap or other limitations like team imposed spending limits, this becomes absolutely vital to success

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
why not? Leafs get a 2 way physical RHD to pair up with Rielly.

Nylander will never be a center on the Leafs and the Jets need one.
Well,it seems other teams fans need more evidence that Willy is a bona fide center. Can't really blame them. That said ,2 sixty point seasons to start your career should be considered valuable in any discussion.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Well,it seems other teams fans need more evidence that Willy is a bona fide center. Can't really blame them. That said ,2 sixty point seasons to start your career should be considered valuable in any discussion.

Yupp about 6 mil for 6 years worth

No ones banking on nylander becoming a centre either

Jets aquire nylander only keep value, not because he will foll a role thats missing

Jets are hoping roslovic will become a legit 2c. Hes been playing centre in the ahl. Only plays winger on the jets for depth

Reactions: Flyerfan52

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad