Eklund Rumor: Isles pushing for Trouba

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Just when I thought I figured out how this stuff works...

Either way, concerning the Isles getting him, my point is still that they're far from being contenders right now, I'd think it'd be wiser to stock up on younger players who can remain under team control for many years.
Isles are building around 21 yr old Barzal.
Very amusing that you think 24 yr old Trouba would not fit well into a nyi youth movement.

Again. It is not Trouba's age,but his closeness to unrestricted free agency that makes Trouba a bad fit. If he were willing to sign an extension, I think Lou would do more then kick tires.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Very amusing that you think 24 yr old Trouba would not fit well into a nyi youth movement.

Again. It is not Trouba's age,but his closeness to unrestricted free agency that makes Trouba a bad fit. If he were willing to sign an extension, I think Lou would do more then kick tires.
Very amusing that you called my opinion very assuming and then literally repeated it yourself.

He's not a good fit because he's further along in age and in contract status than the bulk of players NYI should be building around. The age thing isn't a big deal on its own but his contract status is related to it.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Very amusing that you called my opinion very assuming and then literally repeated it yourself.

He's not a good fit because he's further along in age and in contract status than the bulk of players NYI should be building around. The age thing isn't a big deal on its own but his contract status is related to it.

Isles are building around 23 yr old Pulock and 24 yr old Toews. So, yeah your argument that 24 yr old Trouba is too old, does not sound ridiculous at all :skeptic:

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Isles are building around 23 yr old Pulock and 24 yr old Toews. So, yeah your argument that 24 yr old Trouba is too old, does not sound ridiculous at all :skeptic:
For the third or fourth time, his age is an issue as it relates to his contract status. He's further along than players they should be looking to stock up on imo.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Trouba did sign with the Jets yesterday but I still don't see him being there long term. Trouba on the Islanders makes as much sense to me as anything.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
For the third or fourth time, his age is an issue as it relates to his contract status. He's further along than players they should be looking to stock up on imo.
its sad when a ranger fan is smarter than many of our own fans when it comes to recognizing and accurately assessing our situation. heaveandare. I salute you. there is no rational reason we should go after Trouba, None. stupid people do stupid things and ranger fan or not you are right

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
its sad when a ranger fan is smarter than many of our own fans when it comes to recognizing and accurately assessing our situation. heaveandare. I salute you. there is no rational reason we should go after Trouba, None. stupid people do stupid things and ranger fan or not you are right
Thanks. Now that NYR are going to be pretty bad for the short term I care way less about team rivalries haha.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

I dont, think lou is dumb enough to give up the cost controlled assets it would require.. I dont think he even gives it a 2nd thought

8M for a guy who is offensively challenged and has played 2nd pairing for most of his career? not a chance in hell

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Thanks. Now that NYR are going to be pretty bad for the short term I care way less about team rivalries haha.
the rivalry is good for us both. but the difference is ranger fans have accepted who and what and where they are, the vast majority of Islander fans have not. that is a definite plus for the rangers.

ranger fans realize patience is necessary, Islanders fans for the most part treat patience as if it were a nuclear warhead

Reactions: haveandare

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Honest question...is this just the Canada thing? If it is, then OK...but if not, why wouldn't he sign with Toronto long term?

Nobody knows for sure. No Canadian team was a rumour 2 years ago. AFAIK, it was never substantiated.

There are a few things we can speculate he is looking for. 1) Proximity to his GF in Florida. 2) Low tax location. 3) Big city. 3a) Lots of endorsement opportunity. Probably a few other things if we try. 3 &3a would fit in Toronto. It is reasonably close to his family home in Michigan. So maybe Leafs would be acceptable to him. Or not. We can probably eliminate the other Canadian cities though.

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Lol no way
Trouba makes the leafs way better than whatever nylander does for the leafs

If leafs fans wanna talk **** about how good they are and how theyre real "contenders" now
Then a player like is absolutely something leafs need

Trouba gives winnipeg the edge more than what nylander does for the leafs

Toronto wants to be competitive for years to come I'll take Nylander at a potential 6-8 than Trouba for two lol. He wants out of the Peg anyway so maybe we'll just sign him as a UFA lol.

blinkman360

Loyal Players Only
Dec 30, 2005
Lawn Guyland
the rivalry is good for us both. but the difference is ranger fans have accepted who and what and where they are, the vast majority of Islander fans have not. that is a definite plus for the rangers.

ranger fans realize patience is necessary, Islanders fans for the most part treat patience as if it were a nuclear warhead

You make me laugh.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Toronto wants to be competitive for years to come I'll take Nylander at a potential 6-8 than Trouba for two lol. He wants out of the Peg anyway so maybe we'll just sign him as a UFA lol.

He wants out of canada*

You wont get him as a ufa. Hes a 2 year rental. If you ever hope he resigns you take him before he becomesufa and leaves for usa

Im just saying. Leafs fans always talk shit like theyre heading for the cup .
Trouba gets you closer than nylander does.
But based off odds. It's very low trouba goes there as a ufa, but toronto would look better for the next 2 years

Thats why there would need to be some kind of paackage

If i get things my way i somehow try to get nylander and Lili

But if im toronto i wanna keep Lili when trouba leaves

Trouba for nylander heads up is actualy bad for winnipeg

I know you like to think the leafs have it all, but trouba is a key piece as to why winnipeg is a better over all team than leafs

Winnipeg doesnt get better losing trouba for nylander, but the leafs do get better losing nylander for trouba

Im not saying the deal is grtting done, but youre making it up as if theres no value at all
And heres the value. Your team gets better on paper

We'll give you logan stanley lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Like I said Leafs are looking for a long term plan. We want to be Pittsburgh one day, competitive every year since they got that core together. Trading young talent with sky high potential for two year rentals isn't what we want to do here. Jets can keep Trouba for the two years if they want. I'll happy take our chances of cup contention with a top 3 Offense in the league.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
Like I said Leafs are looking for a long term plan. We want to be Pittsburgh one day, competitive every year since they got that core together. Trading young talent with sky high potential for two year rentals isn't what we want to do here. Jets can keep Trouba for the two years if they want. I'll happy take our chances of cup contention with a top 3 Offense in the league.

Thats alright
Im sure something will come up fir the jets
My argument is if the leafs wanna look to win now, trouba would be a valuable piece to that puzzle

And that it would take a deal like a nylander plus to get that
Even if it is just for 2 years

Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->