Eklund Rumor: Isles pushing for Trouba

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Do they have the assets?
We do, I would think so

Question is do the islanders want to sacrifice long term potential for short term help. How old is Trouba? I imagine if we brought him in it would be as a core player

That said I do think this is much ado about nothing, Eklund takes random shots in the dark

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
We do, I would think so

Question is do the islanders want to sacrifice long term potential for short term help. How old is Trouba? I imagine if we brought him in it would be as a core player

That said I do think this is much ado about nothing, Eklund takes random shots in the dark

Trouba is 24 and, even with the arbitration will be an RFA once the next season is over. He is certainly a core player.

Reactions: Svengoolie

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
We do, I would think so

He's 24
Do they have the assets?
Yes they certainly do

Reactions: IODCPiper

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think even if he takes a 1 year arb award, Trouba is going to be a Jet for another year. We can sign all of our RFA's and make a push for a cup this year. Next year with Laine, Wheeler and Connor coming up multiple guys are going to have to be gone. He'll likely be dealt next offseason if we can't agree to a contract, probably before the draft.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Pulock +.. That extra cap space it could possibly open is worth a ton for the Jets

Pulock on the Jets would be perfect imo

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
Lamoriello and Cheveldayoff are not giving any information out to anyone. One would stab the person asking a question before they finished speaking, and the other is far away at his cottage, outside of the reach of curious reporters.

That might just be the unlikeliest duo in hockey to say anything meaningful to an outsider.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Can definitely seeing the Isles being interested but doubtful theres a deal since they'd have to empty their prospect pool Id assume to land Trouba and they're not in a position to do so

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
If somebody leaked this, it would be Trouba's agent, Kurt Odorfart, to try to push for something. It's probably BS though.

As an Islanders fan it's nice to feel so loved that an agent would do that(he wouldn't mention us if we were an ideal destination). lol

Can definitely seeing the Isles being interested but doubtful theres a deal since they'd have to empty their prospect pool Id assume to land Trouba and they're not in a position to do so

My guess would be Pulock or Dobson would be the centerpiece going back, young RD for younger RD

Pulock on the Jets would be perfect imo

Just my 2 cents but wouldn't Pulock and Byfuglien purpose sort of step over eachother?

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site

No kidding. As an Islanders fan I'd only offer Pulock, Nelson and a 1st. We can't afford to let go of Bellows, Wahlstrom or Dobson go for anyone, regardless of how improved our D short-term would be with Trouba. That's probably "fair value" but nothing that would make me as a GM make the trade, unless the Jets really, really needed to get Trouba off the team for whatever reason and no other offers were on the table.

Reactions: IODCPiper

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Eklund reporting that NYI, Leafs and Wings all putting big offers for Trouba in front of Chevy.......

Reactions: Jets and Heldig

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
As an Islanders fan it's nice to feel so loved that an agent would do that(he wouldn't mention us if we were an ideal destination). lol

My guess would be Pulock or Dobson would be the centerpiece going back, young RD for younger RD

Just my 2 cents but wouldn't Pulock and Byfuglien purpose sort of step over eachother?
how good is Pulock defensively? He will likely be paired with Morrissey who is an absolute stalworth in the defensive zone. Everything from positioning, IQ, using the stick or body. The guy is legit. Pulock for a big man skates pretty well (could use improvement but he's good rushing with the puck from the looks of it) and obviously has a monstrous shot. I think him and Morrissey could be something.

Pulock can eventually replace Buff or Myers on the PP too. His skillset screams PP QB

Buff would be on the 2nd pairing with his LD partner TBD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->