Eklund Rumor: Isles pushing for Trouba

CodeE

step on snek
Dec 20, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
It’s going right over your head, late round studs like Barzal are rare(you said it yourself he had the most points in a rookie season since Malkin), it’s much easier for a prospect to bust rather than become a player like Barzal and the Islanders past early round prospects prove that.

I'm sure you feel the exact same way about all Jets prospects, who'll "much easier" bust than become solid NHL players. I'm also sure you'd happily trade your top prospects for "proven" veterans. Cause that's where this argument leads every time. Put the shoe on the other foot, and suddenly we have all sorts of excuses and "no no no it's completely different".

Reactions: MikeyMike01

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
except Wahlstrom and Dobson in their draft class rated higher than Trouba did in his. so it stands to reason that if Trouba could succeed so can Wahlstrom and Dobson

youre not only asking for one of them your asking for multiples so keep your player and we'll keep ours. after all there's no reason that Dobson cant turn out better than trouba if allowed to develop

Firstly that’s subjective(he did go higher in his draft and I trust NHL scouts over your opinion), secondly I never said multiple I said there’s no way NYI’s would get Trouba without giving up one of Wahlstrom, Pulock or Dobson(and minor additions)..

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Firstly that’s subjective(he did go higher in his draft and I trust NHL scouts over your opinion), secondly I never said multiple I said there’s no way NYI’s would get Trouba without giving up one of Wahlstrom, Pulock or Dobson(and minor additions)..
They could prob get him for barzal . Wpg has buff and Myers if they need to move trouba so they will prob be fine before their elcs and wheeler re signs

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
your still asking for multiple cheaper and more controllable pieces for one less controllable more expensive asset who in the long run may not be as good. Id easily keep ours rather than take yours.

signing trouba is your problem not ours and we have no reason to save you from it. We will build and develop our own core going forward

not interested in Trouba at these prices. Dobson in his draft year graded out every bit as good or better as trouba did in his. why would we consider trading 7 years of the much cheaper player who could very easily turn out as good or better and multiple other assets for 3 years of a very expensive trouba?

we wouldnt

winnepeg may think it soves issues for them going forward but thats not our problem its yours

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
They could prob get him for barzal . Wpg has buff and Myers if they need to move trouba so they will prob be fine before their elcs and wheeler re signs
Trade Barzal for 2 seasons of Trouba and go with who as the #1 center?

Beau? Nelson ? Cizikas? Bailey?Really a poorly thought out suggestion.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Trade Barzal for 2 seasons of Trouba and go with who as the #1 center?

Beau? Nelson ? Cizikas? Bailey?Really a poorly thought out suggestion.

further proof of the lack of respect the Islander franchise gets. due to the lack of patience that our fanbase shows

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
further proof of the lack of respect the Islander franchise gets. due to the lack of patience that our fanbase shows

No ones saying trade Barzal for Trouba... Someone said Barzal could get Trouba if they offered it(that’s common sense though). Stop acting so sensitive.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
No ones saying trade Barzal for Trouba... Someone said Barzal could get Trouba if they offered it(that’s common sense though). Stop acting so sensitive.
i just call em as i see em

trouba seems to be biding his time till he can sign in detroit

his agent Kurt Overhardt has a track record and there is mutual distrust between him and Chevy

i see Trouba signing a 7yr 60M deal at his earliest opportunity (with Detroit most likely or Boston if they can find the cap space)

Its why i want no part of him

one Tavares is enough we dont need another

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
your still asking for multiple cheaper and more controllable pieces for one less controllable more expensive asset who in the long run may not be as good. Id easily keep ours rather than take yours.

signing trouba is your problem not ours and we have no reason to save you from it. We will build and develop our own core going forward

not interested in Trouba at these prices. Dobson in his draft year graded out every bit as good or better as trouba did in his. why would we consider trading 7 years of the much cheaper player who could very easily turn out as good or better and multiple other assets for 3 years of a very expensive trouba?

we wouldnt

winnepeg may think it soves issues for them going forward but thats not our problem its yours

The Jets aren’t offering up a 24 year old 1st Pairing Physical Two-Way Defensemen for nothing(qaulity requires qaulity when it comes to trades), Jets aren’t gonna take a pile of 4th round picks for Trouba. Also yes Trouba could be the worse player long term but it’s more than likely he’s better. I’m fine with the fact you over evaluate your prospects, most fans do.

I’m not suggesting to trade Trouba because he’s difficult to sign, I believe he’s difficult to sign because he doesn’t want to be in Winnipeg.

You don’t need to be interested in him, this is what GM’s are for not fans(neither of us have any say, all we can do is argue about values).

Saying Dobson had a better draft year is subjective, the never played in the same league and Dobson didn’t even play at U-18’s internationally let alone U-20’s like Trouba did.

Why would the Islanders trade assets for Trouba?... The fact Trouba is proven(and better than any Islanders D-man) and the Islanders might not want to wait to develop players when they can win now, there’s a great chance Trouba is better than any of those options long term, also it shouldn’t be that easy to say they could easily be as good or better(easily is definitely not the word) when the Islanders crapped out on over half of there high end prospects(some who where better prospects than Wahlstron and Dobson).

Winnipeg doesn’t need to solve anything, they where 2nd in Points, 2nd best in GF and 5th best in GA while having the best GF/GA ratio in the league, can you say the same for the Islanders? If any team has something to solve it’s a team who just lost there best player and has continuously failed to be a successful team for years(mostly because of a very bad defence). Islanders don’t have to try for Trouba but at the rate there going with no positive changes they aren’t gonna make the playoffs until the 2050’s.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
i just call em as i see em

trouba seems to be biding his time till he can sign in detroit

his agent Kurt Overhardt has a track record and there is mutual distrust between him and Chevy

i see Trouba signing a 7yr 60M deal at his earliest opportunity (with Detroit most likely or Boston if they can find the cap space)

Its why i want no part of him

one Tavares is enough we dont need another

Just because one player left to his home town doesn’t mean every player will. The Islanders has let Tavares down ever season, not a surprise he left to a team with more potential, if Trouba’s on a good team he will likely stay.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
The Jets aren’t offering up a 24 year old 1st Pairing Physical Two-Way Defensemen for nothing(qaulity requires qaulity when it comes to trades), Jets aren’t gonna take a pile of 4th round picks for Trouba. Also yes Trouba could be the worse player long term but it’s more than likely he’s better. I’m fine with the fact you over evaluate your prospects, most fans do.

I’m not suggesting to trade Trouba because he’s difficult to sign, I believe he’s difficult to sign because he doesn’t want to be in Winnipeg.

You don’t need to be interested in him, this is what GM’s are for not fans(neither of us have any say, all we can do is argue about values).

Saying Dobson had a better draft year is subjective, the never played in the same league and Dobson didn’t even play at U-18’s internationally let alone U-20’s like Trouba did.

Why would the Islanders trade assets for Trouba?... The fact Trouba is proven(and better than any Islanders D-man) and the Islanders might not want to wait to develop players when they can win now, there’s a great chance Trouba is better than any of those options long term, also it shouldn’t be that easy to say they could easily be as good or better(easily is definitely not the word) when the Islanders crapped out on over half of there high end prospects(some who where better prospects than Wahlstron and Dobson).

Winnipeg doesn’t need to solve anything, they where 2nd in Points, 2nd best in GF and 5th best in GA while having the best GF/GA ratio in the league, can you say the same for the Islanders? If any team has something to solve it’s a team who just lost there best player and has continuously failed to be a successful team for years(mostly because of a very bad defence). Islanders don’t have to try for Trouba but at the rate there going with no positive changes they aren’t gonna make the playoffs until the 2050’s.
[mod]
The Isles are on their own path, not bailing out a different franchise with their headaches. Trouba is a fantastic talent, he could definitely help the Isles. He is a flight risk, moreso for the Isles than most teams. Good luck with getting him signed, I hope you get a good return if you decide to trade him. Move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017

all that is a pile of bullspit

the truth is that winnipeg knows they dont have an ice cubes chance in hell of signing him long term, and they rightfully are desparate to get something of consequence before that day comes

Overhardt and Chevy dont get along and as soon as he can Trouba is history, winnipeg or the islanders makes no difference

youre just looking for us to bail you out

but WE ARE NOT INTERESTED

YOU CAN FOOL SOME ISLANDERS FANS I KNOW THAT

BUT NOT ALL OF US ARE IDIOTS

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
all that is a pile of bullspit

the truth is that winnipeg knows they dont have an ice cubes chance in hell of signing him long term, and they rightfully are desparate to get something of consequence before that day comes

Overhardt and Chevy dont get along and as soon as he can Trouba is history, winnipeg or the islanders makes no difference

youre just looking for us to bail you out

but WE ARE NOT INTERESTED

YOU CAN FOOL SOME ISLANDERS FANS I KNOW THAT

BUT NOT ALL OF US ARE IDIOTS

Again not every team fails so much that it pushes there premier players want out, Trouba has said he wants to stay(and his successful team only helps that).

Last edited:

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Just because one player left to his home town doesn’t mean every player will. The Islanders has let Tavares down ever season, not a surprise he left to a team with more potential, if Trouba’s on a good team he will likely stay.

Tavares left because he had a right to, it doesnt make him any less of a liar and whipped by his girlfriend.. We arent stupid enough to voluntarily trade for a second helping

we are telling you to be forewarned the Jets may be in the kick me barrel this time

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Again not every team fails so much that it pushes there premier players out, Trouba has said he wants to stay(and his successful team only helps that).
Tavares said I want to be an Islander literally hundreds of times, until he walked out the door. believe what you wish.
if and when it happens to you, youll be singing a different tune I guarantee it

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

Tavares left months after asking not to be traded at the TDL. Isles mistake was believing his bs.

No interest, none, in moving top prospects + for 2 yrs of Trouba.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Tavares said I want to be an Islander literally hundreds of times, until he walked out the door. believe what you wish
Agreed. If he had simply told ownership+ management he was not interested in staying, they would have moved him in a futures package and most fans would be pissed at Snow+Wang instead of Tavares.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Tavares said I want to be an Islander literally hundreds of times, until he walked out the door. believe what you wish.
if and when it happens to you, youll be singing a different tune I guarantee it

You guaranteed me Tavares would stay as well, I don’t like your odds thus far and I don’t think your one to take advise from when it comes to signings and departures, so I’m fine and I highly doubt I’ll be singing to a different tune because hardly any player says they want to stay with a successful team and walk.

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
Agreed. If he had simply told ownership+ management he was not interested in staying, they would have moved him in a futures package and most fans would be pissed at Snow+Wang instead of Tavares.
exactly, we were duped by our captain who we cherished and respected unreservedly for 9 years,we even offered his agent a job in the front office, and yet we were duped by him nonetheless

winnipeg knows Overhardt is Troubas agent and they know he and Chevy dont get along and still they are willing to be played.

I think they need to open their eyes before its too late

72hockey guy

Nov 24, 2017
You guaranteed me Tavares would stay as well, I don’t like your odds thus far and I don’t think your one to take advise from when it comes to signings and departures, so I’m fine and I highly doubt I’ll be singing to a different tune because hardly any player says they want to stay with a successful team and walk.

i never guaranteed he would stay so youre a liar

I said I cant believe the man would throw away a lifetime of character like he did because of his offtold story of his uncle, but he did, which had changed my attitude about players

but i never told you i guarantee he was staying on that you are a liar

find the post where i said I guarantee Tavares is staying or admit you lied

And you can bet I just saved your post for if and when trouba leaves so your own words will say you failed trouba so much that he had to leave

after all thats what you just said is it not

Tavares wouldnt leave unless we failed him you said, so obviously Trouba wont leave unless you failed him....

do i have that right?

i freely admit Tavares duped me and many people, but thats exactly why I want no part of Trouba

Last edited:

Crazed Fan

Jul 9, 2011
Winnipeg
Jets dont want or need the Islanders to bail us out. I could care less if Trouba leaves, but would prefer him to stay. I would also prefer him for 2 years over the garbage being offered.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Snowman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad