Eklund Rumor: Isles pushing for Trouba

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Almost identical numbers./ and Tanev is better on D I said a plus would be included What makes it a big plus? Last time I checked Trouba wasn't elite in one Category. Tanev has the best analytics of any shutdown d in the league. and it's not even close. Not to mention Trouba is a liar who is quickly becoming one of those guys teams stay away from. On second thought keep him. Have fun when he leaves in 2 years. We have Woo good old ST Boniface kid. Besides Trouba gets hurt as much as Tanev. That was the only complaint other teams used against him. You guys can't use that one, can you?
Not bringing anything close to Trouba
I would not want Tanev as the key piece to a major trade .
I
There is a Tanev thread on this board, started around the draft, where the press reported he was being shopped and the offers disappointing.

Now Botchford repeats that info and adds that even when Tanev was healthy last season, he was not very good

IODCPiper

Jan 26, 2016
No kidding. As an Islanders fan I'd only offer Pulock, Nelson and a 1st. We can't afford to let go of Bellows, Wahlstrom or Dobson go for anyone, regardless of how improved our D short-term would be with Trouba. That's probably "fair value" but nothing that would make me as a GM make the trade, unless the Jets really, really needed to get Trouba off the team for whatever reason and no other offers were on the table.
To much to offer. Check his stats. He is good dont get me wrong but not pulock ++ good.

Nelson, one of pelech/hickey/toews and a 2020
1st.

Not saying pegs take that but isles need to build smartly and only trade for a true top paoring dman

DJBiffWPG

May 30, 2018
To much to offer. Check his stats. He is good dont get me wrong but not pulock ++ good.

1st.

Not saying pegs take that but isles need to build smartly and only trade for a true top paoring dman

So spare parts and magic beans for a #1 right side D. Got it.

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016

1st.

Coincidentally, the Jets also need to be smart. Making a trade like the one you're proposing is the exact opposite of smart for us.

Reactions: IODCPiper

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
As a neutral guy that has had fisticuffs with both fanbases, I think Pulock, Bellows and Soderstrom is a fair return.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016

1st.

I thought he got shutdown minutes and that's half the reason he wants to get paid / leave

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I am not giving up Pulock ALONE for 2 guaranteed yrs of Trouba.
Nevermind adding 2 top prospects.
If Trouba would sign for 8 years, even at a bit of an overpayment, it would be totally worth it though, and then some. He's the real deal, and a top pairing with him and Leddy would be quite something.

Reactions: heilongjetsfan

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
Man, I hope the Leafs don't pay the asking price from the Jets fans on these boards!
I think some Dmen that are considered to be #1 are good on their own and some shine when paired with a compatible partner. I think Trouba would shine with Rielly ( they are compatible) but not a guy to be relied on as a bona-fide #1. Sort of like Rielly.
He likely would be a really good fit in Toronto but the ask would seem to create another hole! Unless maybe it is Gardner going back!

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
As a neutral guy that has had fisticuffs with both fanbases, I think Pulock, Bellows and Soderstrom is a fair return.
I... sigh.

I don't want that deal. But I think it's quite good. A top 4 RHD and two very good prospects. A fair bit of cap space too, which always helps.

broc

Dec 20, 2010
Why are you Nucks fans acting like Jett Woo is some crazy elite prospect?

One guy says he has probably a higher point ceiling than Trouba ? Okay. So he’s gonna be a top 10 defenceman in the league I guess.
His 25 points on a stacked Moose Jaw team says otherwise.

There are literally dozens if not more.. of D prospects like - and better than- Jett Woo.

Reactions: Snowman

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I am not giving up Pulock ALONE for 2 guaranteed yrs of Trouba.
Nevermind adding 2 top prospects.

I doubt Lou has any plan to part with any draft picks or young players. It's going to be an evaluation year which means rebuild to me. We will see how the roster responds to Trotz and the new staff. The door is open for a miracle run at the playoffs, the conditions are there for a major sell off at the trade deadline for draft picks and prospects.

Trouba makes no sense with Pulock, Boychuk, Mayfield, and the other young LHD's that can play on their off side. Dobson and Wilde are in development. If Trouba was a LH shot then it would he a different story.

Seems to me he wants to go home to Detroit the first chance he gets. Won't get in the way of that with the wound still fresh.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
That’s funny brah. Ryan Pulock would be a complimentary piece in a trade for Karlsson... not the main piece.
What is funny brah is thinking Pulock coming off a 32 pt rookie season and no 1st pp time, would be a complimentary piece.

Reactions: MikeyMike01

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Agreed. One of Pulock/Wahlstrom/Dobson +1st is probably close. Maybe a conditional pick based on him re-signing, too.

A conditional pick?
Woo hoo give up a bluechipper +1st after finishing 17 pts out, then when Trouba walks in 2 yrs get a 3td rounder:sarcasm:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I doubt Lou has any plan to part with any draft picks or young players. It's going to be an evaluation year which means rebuild to me. We will see how the roster responds to Trotz and the new staff. The door is open for a miracle run at the playoffs, the conditions are there for a major sell off at the trade deadline for draft picks and prospects.

Trouba makes no sense with Pulock, Boychuk, Mayfield, and the other young LHD's that can play on their off side. Dobson and Wilde are in development. If Trouba was a LH shot then it would he a different story.

Seems to me he wants to go home to Detroit the first chance he gets. Won't get in the way of that with the wound still fresh.

Yeah,it would not be surprising if Trouba went home to Michigan. Seems he has been a contract headache in Winnipeg a few times during extension talks and makes me wonder if he simply wants out.

I have zero interest in the let's trade for Trouba and woo him into staying approach.

I am looking at the 2018-2019 season, as a season for Lou & Trotz to determine who they want to keep and who they want off the roster.

Reactions: PWJunior

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
Winnipeg is in win-now mode. After next year they will ose a lot of core players. Myers Wheeler Little Trouba probably gone before training camp The Isles are not a good fit. The Jets don't need guys 3-4 years away. They need players now. As for Trouba being old he is 24. Not exactly what you would call an old core player.

Winnipeg needs a vet 3rd line center and a very good shut down RHD to replace Trouba if they trade him. No point in getting a player who makes around the same money when they can't afford Trouba long term, so they would just be in the same position. Looking around the NHL Vancouver makes a ton of sense for the Jets. Troba Like Tanev miss a lot of games due to the style they play. They both are more shutdown Than offensive guys, and the Nucks can throw in Sutter 50% retrained and maybe a 3rd. Tanev instantly Makes the Jets better when you take into account his contract and the plus you would get along with him since Trouba is 4 years younger.

Maybe not the sexiest trade. But one that I don't see a lot of elite shutdown #1 puck possession D available for 4.5 mill. Makes the Jets that much better. I personally would only trade Tanev for Trouba or Montador. Hughes and Tanev will be such an amazing duo. Q will cut back on Tanevs broken bone epidemic so much. He will be worth a ton at the TDL. If we could get Trouba who fits in our age group, that is the only real plus he has on Tanev. Combine that with Hughes OJ Woo Rathbone Tram Untenen my god that is scary good in 2 years or less.
Ah yes the old - “we don’t need x we are *competing now*”

You realize a young 1st round pick on his ELC is generally desirable for contenders as they can recycle parts of the team (ala Trouba) that price themselves off of it? Not saying you make the trade but to suggest you have “no use” for a player like Dobson because he is “3-4 years away” is silly imo. If the jets are smart they will make moves like this to keep their window open longer. Dobson would be joining your team on an ELC right about when Laine and Connor need raises

Didn’t call Trouba an “old” core player but he would certainly increase the pace of the islanders rebuild as he is 3 years older than Barzal. He wants a raise - and tbh I get the impression he wants out of Winnipeg.

I get your point though it may be that WPG and NYI just aren’t good trading partners... damn eklund

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
It's Erik Karlsson.

Many great pieces would be complimentary at best.
If the isles move Pulock, he will be a main piece or the isles will replace him in their offer with a young blueliner they are not as high on.

Isles think Pulock + Toews will both be playing quality, top 4 mins by the end of this season. It would not be the worst thing to use this season to evaluate the roster and make roster changes between the TDL and next summer.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad