Islanders bold predictions

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Weren't too far off?

Despite being terrible, this still isn't true or close to being true.

Kulemin had 1 goal in his 13 games, which isn't even close to the pace you predicted.

Too early to call.

Toews hasn't been called up and de Haan hasn't been traded. There's no way something didn't happen can be considered "close" to happening in this scenario.

They've been in 7 fights already this season and have half the year to go. So, this isn't likely to come true either.

Hasn't happened once.

He's on pace for more than 20 points. He needs 11 more points in the last 41 games to hit that mark.

Too early to call.

If you consider being wrong about nearly everything and being right about not a single thing as close, sure, you were real close. :laugh:
Hey majormet is our idea guy. Probably the product of too much time on his hands.

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
That is pretty sunny, I think Calgary will be weak this year, I have to root for them to lose a lot

There would have to be a lot of luck for this stuff to come true LOL, injuries are luck, JHS winning Calder would be like that Grabner year where he came close,

Despite my negative feeling on this team, he is my added sunshine LOL

Kulemin in contract year becomes 2nd line left wing and pops 30 goals

Pelech becomes a top pairing dman with a plus 20 rating

Isles strike a deal with Eisenhower Park and break ground on new arena in the park

JT signs max deal on Christmas

Thomas Hickey is traded to the Vancouver Canucks for Travis Green's old #39 jersey

Alan Quine becomes the 3rd line center and gets 30 points and leads the PK

Shane Prince has setbacks and does not suit up this year

Luke Richardson holds a Fight Club for the dmen in the Barclays basement to toughen up the blue line

Butch Goring, retires after a shift where Pulock and Pelech are paired together against Polak

Devon Toews gets called up when Boychuk gets hurt and never looks back

Isles acquire Henrik Zetterberg at the trade deadline while leading the Eastern Conference

Jack Capuano opens up a sausage shop at Barclay's center, Burpin Jack's

Rangers battle Red Wings for the basement of the conference

Isles give up 7 goals a game to the Canes... but score 8 per game against them

Everybody’s got it figured out.....

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Weren't too far off?

Despite being terrible, this still isn't true or close to being true.

Kulemin had 1 goal in his 13 games, which isn't even close to the pace you predicted.

Too early to call.

Toews hasn't been called up and de Haan hasn't been traded. There's no way something didn't happen can be considered "close" to happening in this scenario.

They've been in 7 fights already this season and have half the year to go. So, this isn't likely to come true either.

Hasn't happened once.

He's on pace for more than 20 points. He needs 11 more points in the last 41 games to hit that mark.

Too early to call.

If you consider being wrong about nearly everything and being right about not a single thing as close, sure, you were real close. :laugh:

These things are trending in this direction. 6 goals, 7 goals what is the difference, I predicted we would be annihilated a lot and that is true.

Eberle's pace is going to wear off, he probably hits 40 but not 50.

4 fights up until last night's game where they got into 3, so I was on pace until last night where non-fighters attempted to fight.

CDH and Kulemin injuries affected outcomes, of course Kulemin underperformed in his contract year

Isles will be in the bottom 5, they are plummeting

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
Hey majormet is our idea guy. Probably the product of too much time on his hands.

Procrastination... if i had too much time on my hands I could create a lifestyle and probably could care less about the Isles, but I am stuck at a desk for too long....

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Procrastination... if i had too much time on my hands I could create a lifestyle and probably could care less about the Isles, but I am stuck at a desk for too long....
I was hoping for a Styx reference.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

Gosh a Tommy Shaw sang Styx song, slash my wrists now, that was a blemish on the radio back then LOL

And you have 400 more posts than me, :) that is about 425 extra minutes of time on your hand :)

But Time is on my Side... .ok enough music references

Oddly, I won't be around that much any more, we got 2 big contracts that start very soon and I will not be here to opine about Quine, trash the debutante, prospect AHL dudes etc... LOL

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Gosh a Tommy Shaw sang Styx song, slash my wrists now, that was a blemish on the radio back then LOL

And you have 400 more posts than me, :) that is about 425 extra minutes of time on your hand :)

But Time is on my Side... .ok enough music references

Oddly, I won't be around that much any more, we got 2 big contracts that start very soon and I will not be here to opine about Quine, trash the debutante, prospect AHL dudes etc... LOL
I’m retired now and believe me I have less free time now than when I was working. Remeber it’s quality posts, not quantity.:thumbu:

And for those of you in New York who still listen to terrestrial radio, 92.3FM is now an alt-rock station. I found it 2 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
I’m retired now and believe me I have less free time now than when I was working. Remeber it’s quality posts, not quantity.:thumbu:

And for those of you in New York who still listen to terrestrial radio, 92.3FM is now an alt-rock station. I found it 2 weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised.

Darn and you are dating me LOL and you are retired unless you are independently wealthy.. my posts are quality they spark some controversy :)

92.3 was hard rock and alt rock at times, what kinds of bands do they play?

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
Darn and you are dating me LOL and you are retired unless you are independently wealthy.. my posts are quality they spark some controversy :)

Hey, we will all just all sit back and listen. Thank god, someone has it figured out.

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
I was not upset when he left, because I knew he was going.... but the game against Boston I turned to my girlfriend and said 'This is where we need our old 4th line, we need the bash brothers.'

We have no spark.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

The last time I heard, 92.3 was playing salsa.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Hozier, Walk The Moon, some stuff that borders on hip hop and a bunch of bands I've never heard of.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
The last time I heard, 92.3 was playing salsa.

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Hozier, Walk The Moon, some stuff that borders on hip hop and a bunch of bands I've never heard of.

Yeah that is a limited lineup of music, Hozier is pretty good.. WAlk the Moon is the worst thing I have heard outside of that Geronimo song lOL

I like Sirius/XM even though they are paid a lot to play certain artists

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
These things are trending in this direction. 6 goals, 7 goals what is the difference, I predicted we would be annihilated a lot and that is true.

A 3.00 GAA, 2.00 GAA what is the difference?

Eberle's pace is going to wear off, he probably hits 40 but not 50.

You don't think he'll hit .5 ppg pace for the rest of the season? I'd say it's unlikely, barring injury, he doesn't hit 50.

4 fights up until last night's game where they got into 3, so I was on pace until last night where non-fighters attempted to fight.

Right, so you'll be wrong by season's end. Plenty of games have multiple fights in it like that.

CDH and Kulemin injuries affected outcomes, of course Kulemin underperformed in his contract year

Isles will be in the bottom 5, they are plummeting

It affected their ability to happen, yes, but the likelihood of them coming true without the injuries wasn't very high to begin with. You can't chalk that up as a win.

Don't really care about your predictions though, because a) they're your predictions and b) you have a lot of predictions and desires that change seemingly three times a day.

You and I both. I'm at a computer for at minimum 12 hours a day, often times much longer. :laugh: HFBoards provides me an outlet to relax while working.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

92.3 K Rock or 92.3 WKTU . You had me at " I'm retired "
I'm not there but closer to it than not

ndgolden

Jan 9, 2009
A 3.00 GAA, 2.00 GAA what is the difference?

You don't think he'll hit .5 ppg pace for the rest of the season? I'd say it's unlikely, barring injury, he doesn't hit 50.

Right, so you'll be wrong by season's end. Plenty of games have multiple fights in it like that.

It affected their ability to happen, yes, but the likelihood of them coming true without the injuries wasn't very high to begin with. You can't chalk that up as a win.

Don't really care about your predictions though, because a) they're your predictions and b) you have a lot of predictions and desires that change seemingly three times a day.

You and I both. I'm at a computer for at minimum 12 hours a day, often times much longer. :laugh: HFBoards provides me an outlet to relax while working.

You honestly find this site relaxing? God bless you man, that's a special experience.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
good thread

I'll play, Snow becomes GM of the year. Bold enough ??

seriously:

1- Pulock plays a huge role in the Isles being a very dangerous PP (top 5 sounds good) with Ho Sang carrying the puck through the neutral zone

2- Isles have a better record than the raggies and the blue shirts miss the playoffs

3- I shoot 72 at Bethpage black

#2 is hysterical. Right on target mm11...!

We need to do this thread every year. In fact, can we do one for the offseason?

Reactions: Strait2thecup

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Isles surprise the league and are a top-five team all season. Easily make the playoffs .

Ho Sang surprises the league, scores early and often before tapering off. Still has a breakout season.

I agree with the poster above, Pulock is a bust.

Belmont gets resolved sooner rather than later. Tavares re-signs by the Allstar break.

No Duchene, who stays in Colorado.

I am loving reviewing this thread. :thumbu: :thumbu: :thumbu:

Reactions: MattBarzal

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
With this franchise the way things have been going i can only predict pain for the fans who root for the Islanders.
Unfortunately i was right but not surprised. Last season they barely missed the playoffs albeit on a late run that fell short. This season they have the probable Calder winner in Barzal a healthy Tavares and don't even come close to the playoffs. Oh the Pain! It's sad but until we get owners who hire good hockey people to run this franchise the results will be more of the same.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Unfortunately i was right but not surprised. Last season they barely missed the playoffs albeit on a late run that fell short. This season they have the probable Calder winner in Barzal a healthy Tavares and don't even come close to the playoffs. Oh the Pain! It's sad but until we get owners who hire good hockey people to run this franchise the results will be more of the same.

So what you are saying is you will take this years prediction and as they say " let it ride" for the 18/19 season.

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014

Styx is synonymous with this friggin team winning. At least as far as my point of reference goes. I know I was a spoiled young Islander fan. Four Cups in four years, but God, haven't I paid that debt of instant gratification four times over? Once for each decade?

Since the last remaining links of the Dynasty left the team (Bryan Trottier in 1990), we have not QUALIFIED for the playoffs in four straight years.. We couldn't even do it with lockout shortened seasons. Are we still suffering from the hangover of that first round win in 2016? Is that what the agony of the last two years [being generous] is about?

And moreover, I see a blip on Andrew Ladd on Twitter tonight and "How he gets the fans' anger"... and he goes on to blame Barclay Center? Holy hell! You are practically earning a million dollars per goal, and you think that our anger is at the building? I mean, no, we're not happy with the building, but for crying out loud, you aren't pulling your weight enough to mitigate that anger. Andrew Ladd, you are a big part of the problem! I blame Compton for that signing. He was all hot and bothered over him. With that said, Compton is a fan who knows as little about the team as many other fans and he wouldn't be where he is without an in through his Dad. He's wrong about so much. Oh, and Josh Bailey, where did you go? I know you went to sign your new contract, but where did you go after that?

Staying true to this thread, here are my bold predictions for next year. I will not comment on John Tavares, because I think that his situation is unpredictable... at least right now. So, here we go:

1. Josh Bailey returns to form. He won't put up the numbers he did during the first half of this season; there's not contract to pay for.
  2. Mat Barzal; love ya, but if you are shoehorned into the first line center, teams will have intensified focus on you. For your sake, I hope Tavares re-signs.
  3. Goaltending situation; the ongoing mess it's been for thirty years.
  4. First round draft picks: The moon is expected from Keifer Bellows, Josh Ho-Sang is on the big club, but picked on by Weight. Michael Dal Colle is on the club and marketed as a high first round pick with a great release (no need to talk about his skating, though, right?), and both first round picks from this year; ready or not, make the club to fix the issues on the blue line... Noah Dobson and Ty Smith.
  5. The broadcast team of Burke and Goring are instructed to insulate all the young players... and Butch Goring refers to the two new guys as Ty Robson and Noah Smythe (Love ya, Butchie! Sincerely).
  6. If John Tavares signs with another team and any reporter asks him about whether or not he misses Long Island, his answers then will be exactly the same as they are now.
  7. Somehow, ownership sees this new arena going up in Suffolk as a new opportunity and try to arrange a situation where they play 33.3% in Belmont, 333% in NVMC, and 33..% at McArthur.
  8. Under such a circumstance, the players' parents are glad to drive them to the games dressed in full gear minus their skates until they get to the rink.
  9. Garth Snow never addresses the press about where we are and why we're there; on the lucky day that he does, he sulks as he answers the softball questions.
  10. Special guest, minority owner Charles Wang is interviewed to tell us about how the rebuild is ahead of schedule and how the fans have to be patient.
  11. Because this list goes to 11... makes it more powerful. Come next March, the lose for [Jack] Hughes thread is alive and several pages deep as we continue to search the market for out next savior.
The renegade who had it made, retrieved for a bounty... but not on Long Island. That renegade will run out team until the day we all die.

Why? Oh, why, can't we be run like the Rangers?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad