Islanders bold predictions

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I predict Tavares leaves, the team is abysmal next year, and weight uses the excuse “well without Johnny here, this is a different team”.

Reactions: beach

BarBeauWahlDobLok

Sep 5, 2014
Hate to just take a snippet from your great post, however, why the Rangers? 1 championship every 3/4 of a century is just not good enough. Am I missing the sarcasm?

No sarcasm.

First, we are not remotely close to a championship. We are much on the same boat as the Rangers in terms of current competitiveness. With that said, the Rangers surrendered to their suck, cleaned out some players they knew were two advanced in their careers to build with, and fired their coach. Their rebuild will most assuredly be finished before ours, and ours began in 1988!

I'm certainly not going to rip the Rangers for their frequency in winning championships, we have a tough enough time making the friggin playoffs!

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I predict it feels like charles wang still owns the team as long as Ledecky/Malkin do.

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island
1. Tavares signs with Devils and in 1st game back at Barclays/Coliseum is booed every time he touches puck.
2. after abysmal 6-22-4 start Isles finally fire Garth Snow and install Pat Lafontaine as team president, Ledecky apologizes to fans for missing boat this offseason. Franchise fortunes change and team is legit cup contender by Belmont opening.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
LaFontaine isn’t a a great choice for executive. We’ve been down that road before and so has buffalo. Let the rangers have him.

Guy was a great islander player drafted by us and only played a handful of games with the rangers. They way he pumps the rangers you would think he won the cup there in 94 and had his number retired by them.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Chew wan Bold. I giva chew Bold.

Boychuk hurt in camp struggles to get in 50 games for the season.
Our top 4 becomes a top 2 with extra parts filling in the rest.
Isles lead the league with the most goals against. Dehaan is the teams only + player at the all star break so they trade him to Toronto for a 2018 first round pick. He signs a 5 year deal with them a week later
Giving up a ton of goals makes for a wide open offense . We score goals and our players individual points totals look good . Way too many 6-4 losses.

I predict that before the opening night pre game show is completed I will be complaining about
Butch Goring .. ( no I won't be at the game )

JT cross checked in the face during a net front scrum somewhere in the first 10 games. Losses
More teeth. Hickey kinda comes to his defense. Kinda.
That play helps make up his mind about a contract ext.

JT has more goals and more assists at seasons end than that Matthews kid up north.

JHS is rookie of the year . yes yes yes

KHL folds. Sorokin plays 10 of our last 20 games . Wins them all !!!

Petrov seen driving ice cream truck in Siberia.

Yashin and Satan spotted in mid September skating in Syosset. Could there be a comeback?

Mayfield develops to another level seemingly overnight. With Boychuk out he plays / earns 60
games. Even learned fighting technique from Cairns who most importantly taught him how to stand tall
and use his 6'5" frame instead of turtleing (sp) every fight. Becomes the fan favorite .

Ladd wrestles a giant sturgeon on the ice between periods of a home game

Staple WILL report that Martinek is a training camp invite .

Kvasha spotted at our first NBC National game still working as Milbury's driver.

Boldest of all - final record - 38-32-12. 88 points . Just can't overcome the poor D play

And to think , I coulda had a Falcon.

Let's Go a Islanders !!!!!!!!
One For the Thumb in 17/18

And one more thing to remember . "Machete don't text "

This was pretty good!!

Reactions: Mr Misunderstood

ThreeLeftSkates

Nov 20, 2008
LaFontaine isn’t a a great choice for executive. We’ve been down that road before and so has buffalo. Let the rangers have him.

Guy was a great islander player drafted by us and only played a handful of games with the rangers. They way he pumps the rangers you would think he won the cup there in 94 and had his number retired by them.
Maybe Wang has something to do with that. And, the stench is still here!

KidThatWonTheCalder

Artist Formerly Known as IslesandHawks
Jun 16, 2011
I truly think this team can make the playoffs without JT... Might set us up for a good ol' fashioned TOR/NYI first round matchup.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I predict we will miss the playoffs in 2018-19 and we will also miss out on Jack Hughes at the 2019 draft.

#ThatsSoIslanders
#StillAFanRegardless

Mr Misunderstood

Loser Point User
Apr 11, 2016
Charlotte, NC
In all likelihood, if we made the playoffs it'll likely be in the WC2 spot, just squeaking in.

Toronto could finish 1st in the Atlantic so it's not an entirely farfetched scenario.

Yup, I just think it might be harder for TOR to be A1 with Tampa and Boston than it would be for us to sneak in as WC2 :popcorn:

Could it not also be as WC1 if M1 has a better record than A1?

Ah yeah....see this is why this setup is dumb! Can't even remember how the seedings work even when I looked up this year's bracket.

Reactions: Sleestack

Quickdraw2828

Aug 2, 2011
Really, I just want a miserable and ugly return for Tavares. Booing, throwing s***, chants. I know Martin will pull back when hitting him, but I'm hoping one of the new goons figures out he can automatically become a fan favorite by ****ing leveling him. I think I'd rather see this than make the playoffs.

I'd then take Barzal out of the game.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Isles trade Nelson for Duchene - straight up!
Jaro has a big year (by his standards)- 33 wins 0.919 sv%
Last place powerplay stays last place
Leddy scores more goals than Pulock

Lines by year end...

Duchene-JT-Ebs
Lee-Barzal-Bailey
MDC-Beau-JHS
Ladd-CC-CC

DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT!!!1

LOL

OK on to 2018-19...here we go...

- Komarov spends most of the season on Barzals left wing. Puts up about 30-40 points
- Beau takes a HUGE step back in terms of production & effectiveness now that he's put on a different line
- Nelson is our number 2 centre and does what he does. 22 goals. 18 in the first half, 4 in the latter.
- Ho-Sang plays less than 10 games with the big club
- Boychuk stays healthy all year
- Barzal cracks 80 points again
- Toews makes us forget about DeHaan ---> (Boldest one right there)
- Lee gets dealt
- Goaltending still stinks
- 4th overall pick in 2019

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
DELETE YOUR ACCOUNT!!!1

LOL

OK on to 2018-19...here we go...

- Komarov spends most of the season on Barzals left wing. Puts up about 30-40 points

One hot take there Sheva.

- Beau takes a HUGE step back in terms of production & effectiveness now that he's put on a different line

I personally do not see this happening. He is too talented and only put up 36 points last season, how a young player gaining experience takes a HUGE step back from 36 points is beyond me, unless Ryan Strome comes back to LI and steals Beauvilliers identity.

- Nelson is our number 2 centre and does what he does. 22 goals. 18 in the first half, 4 in the latter.

That I can see, unfortunately. The question is, how many helpers does he get, I always saw him as more of a sniper then playmaker.

- Ho-Sang plays less than 10 games with the big club

Ouch

- Boychuk stays healthy all year

Would love for this to be true, but highly unlikely.

- Barzal cracks 80 points again

Reasonable, very reasonable especially considering he had the lowest TOI of top 25 producers in the league,

He averaged 17:46 / game last season and finished 14th OA in points with 85, as you can see below, the only comparable is Pastrnak, which actually makes me realize how good Pastrnak is. Most of the other top producers in the league average any where between 1 and 3 minutes more of ice time per game. McDavid averaged nearly 4 minutes more of ice time per game then Barzal.

So yes Barzal will face top pairings, he will be the oppositions main focus, but I think his increased opportunity will off-set the defensive match ups he get and therefore he will remain an 80 point player. We really don't know, if he adapts to top competition and averages 20 minutes a game, he could be good for 95.

2nvtnoi.png

- Toews makes us forget about DeHaan ---> (Boldest one right there)

Not right out of the gate... but likely at some point in time, like this prediction.

- Lee gets dealt

Hopefully not, although if he doesn't intend on resigning or if we find any photos of him with North Star/Wild sheets - get him outta here. I'd personally like to see him Captain.

-- Goaltending still stinks

This isn't bold, we are rolling Lehner & Greiss - I think our woes in the crease continue

- 4th overall pick in 2019

If Nelson is our 2C and Ho-Sang doesn't play I could see us winding up with a top-5 pick. I'd like to see us compete this year, really do but with the current state of the blueline and no proven 2C, we need to be realistic. It still seems to me Lamoriello is applying the Vegas model by getting a bunch of heart & soul guys who will buy into the system and play physical, don't know if that translates to success in the East.

Reactions: Wanderson

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
- We'll have many phases where we have considerable problems scoring goals.
- Power play will eventually be as good as it was last season (which isn't saying too much).
- We will be light years better defensively than last season and lose the majority of our losses by 2-1, 3-2, 4-2 style outcomes.
- We'll have the most penalty minutes in the league and games where we fall behind 3-0 or 4-1 will become very entertaining from a physical standpoint.
- Barzal will lead the team in scoring, but will have less than 70 points.
- We will not end the season with both Lee and Eberle on the roster.
- Our best defenseman will be a guy who is not currently on the roster.
- Ho-Sang will be a factor this year and will be the Star of the Game on 4 separate occasions.
- The most pleasant surprise this season will be Valteri Filppula.
- Kovar will not end the season in an Islanders uniform.
- Most importantly, fans and media will "identify" with this team and what is being built here.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
  • Bellows makes a tremendous case for himself to be on the roster opening night, but due to the surplus of bodies he starts in Bridgeport and tears it up, once injuries take their toll or when Nelson is traded, he is called up and eventually finds himself riding shotgun to Barzal, this won't be till later in the season so he wont have a Boeser type season, but you will hear people say "We've got our Boeser"
  • Bailey proves to the world that he has game and was not riding pajamas super hero cape, see his chemistry with Barzal on the PP, it's there
  • Trotz gets us to the middle of the pack in Goals Against, but we also wind up in the middle of the pack in Goals For, we'll lose a lot of tight games due to a lack of high end killer instincts that players like Kuznetsov and Kucherov bring
  • Lehner will be embraced , hated, forgiven. This cycle will continue and however he ends the season will determine what the verdict is on him by the end (recency bias), we won't win a single Shootout with him in net
  • Greiss will bounce back, not to his pre-3 year extension form but enough to battle for the starting job when Lehner skids
  • Ho-Sang matures, Trotz gets him buying into a system, he doesn't tear it up offensively since he will take less chances but he will earn the respect of the naysayers and have flashes of brilliance
  • Dal Colle is traded to another organization for puck bag, not a bag of pucks, but just the bag
  • Lee will express publicly his desire to sign way before July 1st, he will be very decisive, the anti-Pajamas , however Lou will want to evaluate the roster and direction of the team so it won't be done immediately
  • Ladd doesn't get back to his Winnipeg form but does get back to 20 goals and 20 assists. He'll be more vocal and have a stronger presence with JT out of the room, fans will start to like him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad