Islanders bold predictions

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Yeesh, you guys call these "bold"?

JT wins record Powerball jackpot, buys the Isles, signs himself to 8 year contract at league minimum, extends Snow's contract but merely as a figurehead with JT in charge of personnel, trades Josh Bailey for a 3rd round pick, trades Barzal and a 1st round pick for Duchene, Isles win Stanley Cup, prior to the draft next year JT announces plans for "Charles Wang Arena" at Pilgrim State.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
1. I think the team is going to finish in the bottom 5 teams in the league, the defense is really bad now, aging players, Hickey, etc...

2. Kulemin scores 20 goals in his first 50 games in a contract year and is dealt for a 1st rounder at the deadline to Los Angeles.

3. JT is not dealt at the deadline, but signs with Philadelphia of all teams

4. Toews gets called up and does well, after we deal CDH to St Louis at the deadline.

5. Isles will be in less than 8 fights during the year

6. Isles will give up 7 or more goals in at least 10 games

7. Eberle doesn't get 40 points

8. Despite bad season Weight and Snow remain

You sure you're an isles fan lol?

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
Belmont deal delays

JT doesn't resign until after the playoffs

JHS scores 50, Barzal gets 35, Eberle gets 60

Ladd and Lee get hover near 30 goals

Special teams finish near top10 in the league

Pulock gets hurt..plays less then 40 games for the Isles

Isles lose in 2nd round playoffs but take it to 7 games

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Isles trade Nelson for Duchene - straight up!
Jaro has a big year (by his standards)- 33 wins 0.919 sv%
Last place powerplay stays last place
Leddy scores more goals than Pulock

Lines by year end...

Duchene-JT-Ebs
Lee-Barzal-Bailey
MDC-Beau-JHS
Ladd-CC-CC

Rhino1985

Jul 3, 2015
- Pulock scores 10 pp goals

- JT has over 80pts

- Barzal beats out Beauvillier for 3C during camp

- Isles finish 3rd in Metro behind Caps and Blue Jackets

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
You sure you're an isles fan lol?

Just being realistic, this team is not going to get a surprise performance on the blue line and we missed the playoffs last year because Hamonic was not present, and now he was not replaced. Not a fan of Weight's style of play, leaves for a lot of goals to be allowed.

I predicted a Mets world title this year, so if I predict and Isles' klinker I can be surprised if they succeed

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
Just being realistic, this team is not going to get a surprise performance on the blue line and we missed the playoffs last year because Hamonic was not present, and now he was not replaced. Not a fan of Weight's style of play, leaves for a lot of goals to be allowed.

I predicted a Mets world title this year, so if I predict and Isles' klinker I can be surprised if they succeed

I really don't think Hamonics absence was the reason they missed the playoffs this past season. I think crappy goaltending and an inability to put the puck in the net were bigger factors, especially in the beginning of the season. Harmonic was crap last season and the Isles played better without him. I'm hoping your predictions are very wrong, We need a big year.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012
Chew wan Bold. I giva chew Bold.

Boychuk hurt in camp struggles to get in 50 games for the season.
Our top 4 becomes a top 2 with extra parts filling in the rest.
Isles lead the league with the most goals against. Dehaan is the teams only + player at the all star break so they trade him to Toronto for a 2018 first round pick. He signs a 5 year deal with them a week later
Giving up a ton of goals makes for a wide open offense . We score goals and our players individual points totals look good . Way too many 6-4 losses.

I predict that before the opening night pre game show is completed I will be complaining about
Butch Goring .. ( no I won't be at the game )

JT cross checked in the face during a net front scrum somewhere in the first 10 games. Losses
More teeth. Hickey kinda comes to his defense. Kinda.
That play helps make up his mind about a contract ext.

JT has more goals and more assists at seasons end than that Matthews kid up north.

JHS is rookie of the year . yes yes yes

KHL folds. Sorokin plays 10 of our last 20 games . Wins them all !!!

Petrov seen driving ice cream truck in Siberia.

Yashin and Satan spotted in mid September skating in Syosset. Could there be a comeback?

Mayfield develops to another level seemingly overnight. With Boychuk out he plays / earns 60
games. Even learned fighting technique from Cairns who most importantly taught him how to stand tall
and use his 6'5" frame instead of turtleing (sp) every fight. Becomes the fan favorite .

Ladd wrestles a giant sturgeon on the ice between periods of a home game

Staple WILL report that Martinek is a training camp invite .

Kvasha spotted at our first NBC National game still working as Milbury's driver.

Boldest of all - final record - 38-32-12. 88 points . Just can't overcome the poor D play

And to think , I coulda had a Falcon.

Let's Go a Islanders !!!!!!!!
One For the Thumb in 17/18

And one more thing to remember . "Machete don't text "

Last edited:

lazycop

Dave's not here.
Mar 25, 2006
I really don't think Hamonics absence was the reason they missed the playoffs this past season. I think crappy goaltending and an inability to put the puck in the net were bigger factors, especially in the beginning of the season. Harmonic was crap last season and the Isles played better without him. I'm hoping your predictions are very wrong, We need a big year.

'Crappy' was certainly the reason.

The coach, not the goaltending.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Chew wan Bold. I giva chew Bold.

Boychuk hurt in camp struggles to get in 50 games for the season.
Our top 4 becomes a top 2 with extra parts filling in the rest.
Isles lead the league with the most goals against. Dehaan is the teams only + player at the all star break so they trade him to Toronto for a 2018 first round pick. He signs a 5 year deal with them a week later
Giving up a ton of goals makes for a wide open offense . We score goals and our players individual points totals look good . Way too many 6-4 losses.

I predict that before the opening night pre game show is completed I will be complaining about
Butch Goring .. ( no I won't be at the game )

JT cross checked in the face during a net front scrum somewhere in the first 10 games. Losses
More teeth. Hickey kinda comes to his defense. Kinda.
That play helps make up his mind about a contract ext.

JT has more goals and more assists at seasons end than that Matthews kid up north.

JHS is rookie of the year . yes yes yes

KHL folds. Sorokin plays 10 of our last 20 games . Wins them all !!!

Petrov seen driving ice cream truck in Siberia.

Yashin and Satan spotted in mid September skating in Syosset. Could there be a comeback?

Mayfield develops to another level seemingly overnight. With Boychuk out he plays / earns 60
games. Even learned fighting technique from Cairns who most importantly taught him how to stand tall
and use his 6'5" frame instead of turtleing (sp) every fight. Becomes the fan favorite .

Ladd wrestles a giant sturgeon on the ice between periods of a home game

Staple WILL report that Martinek is a training camp invite .

Kvasha spotted at our first NBC National game still working as Milbury's driver.

Boldest of all - final record - 38-32-12. 88 points . Just can't overcome the poor D play

And to think , I coulda had a Falcon.

Let's Go a Islanders !!!!!!!!
One For the Thumb in 17/18

And one more thing to remember . "Machete don't text "

Lolol this is great

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island

What was our record wirh Hamonic in the lineup as oppose to being out of the lineup?

I'm not saying Hamonic will be easily replaced, but the record will show that we actually had a better record without Hamonic in the lineup.

In turn we didn't miss the playoffs because we didn't have Hammer in the lineup.

Dutch Frost

Battle Level
Mar 12, 2010
Queens, NY
Barring any major move before opening day, I have little faith this team does anything. Someone posted above - Weight and Snow return and the bloggers and Isles Kool Aid will say its a good thing. I want to be wrong... I want us to go on and win the cup but I feel we will heavily be sellers at the deadline for draft picks and the rebuild will continue.

Only good thing to come out will be that Malkin/Ledecky reach an agreement with Barclays and remain as tenets for the next 30 yrs as Elmont RFP hits major snags and they decide to that the area a transit hub instead with outlet shopping.

iggy

Aug 2, 2005
Duchene will be in an Islander jersey by the end of the week.
He will finish with 30g 40a for 70 pts and help put the PP at top 10 in league
Pulock will make us forget Hamonic even existed.
Barzal will make the team out of camp with Beau starting season in Brideport
Ho Sang will hits 60 points and win the Calder
Will finish 2nd in Metro behind Pitt.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
What was our record wirh Hamonic in the lineup as oppose to being out of the lineup?

I'm not saying Hamonic will be easily replaced, but the record will show that we actually had a better record without Hamonic in the lineup.

In turn we didn't miss the playoffs because we didn't have Hammer in the lineup.

We actually missed the playoffs partly because Hamonic stunk it up, after having some good years. ... so on one hand we did not have the real Hamonic last year which resulted in some ugly losses.. but we never replaced him, so for "2" seasons now we don't have a stay at home dman, one year because Hammer stunk in that role and now he is gone.

I don't see anyone on the roster stepping up in that way, the defense is going to kill us this year. Guys (Boychuk, Seidenberg) got older... Hickey and Mayfield are still there.. and Pulock may be a matador.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY

We score goals, we score a lot of even strength goals, we had a lot of 20 goal scorers last season, offense is not the reason for this team's shortcomings, the PP is bad, and may get better, but won't make up for the poor defense, Isles turned things around by adding Leddy and Boychuk.. now Boychuk is getting older and nothing new has shown up and that aspect of our game is a few injuries away from a HIckey/Mayfield pairing.

Goaltending was not the problem, they aren't great, they don't blow... Carolina games are the worst games because defensive system falters against all that speed.

Want a bold prediction.... Carolina cracks 100 points, that team added Justin Williams to all that youth and still have Cam Ward... and boy I hate when we play them.

I don't see the big year

We never replaced Frans and I like Quine and feel that he can grow into frans role but that won't happen on this forward laden roster.

We have nobody that will drop the gloves successfully on the roster, we will get pushed around. Teams know now that they can trod upon us and there will be no accountability.

Counting on rookies to step up makes sense if they are elite level rookies, at best JHS gets 50 points, Beau gets 40, Barzal gets 40 and Pulock gets 30... and that is not realistic for the most part

Where will surprises come from

Kulemin for sure, playing for a contract, he is going to be the big surprise this year, will get 20 goals in the first 50 games

Pelech, love this player, he will develop

Lee could score 40, Jane could score 30 but would that be surprises?

Toews could end up here, not sure how he will turn out.

I can see sharp declines in the older players... I wish we could deal Hickey for a stay at home type of dman, but no one wants that dude

Hagstrom

Dec 22, 2013
Vancouver
Tavares wins the Art Ross and/or the Hart
Ho-Sang get 50-60 points
Pulock qb's the 1st PP unit by the end of the season
Ladd nets 30 goals for the first time in his nhl career
Lee hits 40 goals
Eberle comes close to his sophomore season point total

SI

Feb 16, 2013

You're not being realistic.

You're being pessimistic

The reality for this team is exactly where they were last season right on that bubble.

majormet

Nov 12, 2009
Dix Hills, NY
You're not being realistic.

You're being pessimistic

The reality for this team is exactly where they were last season right on that bubble.

I tend to very optimistic each year, but I think this team was constructed poorly and we are going to start to see the ill effects of that if we didn't see some of that last year. We are a team with a lot of one dimensional forwards and a porous defense with mediocre goaltending... other teams got better, we stayed the same or aged, we will be looking up at more teams and I expect us to be near the bottom with Detroit and New Jersey.

There is no new coach effect this year, so the 24 points or so that came when Weight took over will not be there this year, I think we are 15-20 points lower than where we were last year. I value defense, and Weight is less of a defensive coach and he does not have the personnel at this point to shut down top players.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
I tend to very optimistic each year, but I think this team was constructed poorly and we are going to start to see the ill effects of that if we didn't see some of that last year. We are a team with a lot of one dimensional forwards and a porous defense with mediocre goaltending... other teams got better, we stayed the same or aged, we will be looking up at more teams and I expect us to be near the bottom with Detroit and New Jersey.

There is no new coach effect this year, so the 24 points or so that came when Weight took over will not be there this year, I think we are 15-20 points lower than where we were last year. I value defense, and Weight is less of a defensive coach and he does not have the personnel at this point to shut down top players.

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I wanted to reply-

Totally respect your POV on the construction of the team and there are parts that I agree with, but your overall outlook I do not.

Positives -

I believe having a full season of Weight is an improvement over Capuano. No one is expecting weight to go 24-12 in the first 36 games.

Eberle is an improvement over Strome. My hope is that he can help the PP and secondary scoring. I do not believe we are getting a 60 point producer, but 20+ goals and 45 points sure.

No 3 goalie carousel. Halak and Greiss can be formidable.

Losing Hamonic's character hurts, but he struggled last season - much may be attributed to his personal life or injuries. But losing Hammer creates space for the young d men like Pulock Pelech and even Toews- who may surprise everyone

Hopefully, Ladd starts the season more comfortable and healthy. Although, I feel like he is more of bottom 6 these days.

You also have Lee who established himself last season as a top 6 guy - you have 66 too - who may develop into an impact player on this squad - I think he can win the Calder

The 2C is still an issue but if Nelson can fill in until Barzal is ready- this team is at worst a bubble team - better than the Devils, Sabres, Red wings, and Panthers

And right there with the flyers, Senators, hurricanes, Maple Leafs, and Bruins

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
1. Anders Lee sets a career high in goals (35+)
2. Ho-Sang is a Calder finalist and finishes top 3 on Islanders in points (with JT and Eberle
3. Isles finish the season with a top 10 PP and top 5 in goals.
4. Dal Colle scores 30 goals in Bridgeport this year.
5. Tavares re-signs before the trade deadline.

Bonus: isles back to 100+ points.

kmo429

Jul 22, 2011
Tavares wins the Art Ross and/or the Hart
Ho-Sang get 50-60 points
Pulock qb's the 1st PP unit by the end of the season
Ladd nets 30 goals for the first time in his nhl career
Lee hits 40 goals
Eberle comes close to his sophomore season point total

If these things occur, Isles will be a 110 point team lol.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
The Islanders will beat the stanley cup champion Penguins who just won the cup the past two years in the first round of the 2018 playoffs (just like in 1993).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad