Is Carey Price overrated in the playoffs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Carey Price is overrated everywhere. Guy was average at best with a crappy Habs team in front of him. Now we put Team Canada and a good Habs team in front of him and he's the best goalie ever.

When he carries a crap team, I will be impressed. Until then, I could suit up in front of some of these teams and hold my own.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
It's been said a million times on here: a lot of those losses were before he hit 25, how many goaltenders have 42 playoff games under their belt at age 27? The great Pekka Rinne first entered the league at that age, Price was 20 when he did.

Mediocre... someone didn't watch last year's playoffs.

Price has a .920 SV% since 2011 in the playoffs but everyone just chooses to ignore that

Strik_IX

No excuses!
Jun 11, 2007
Montréal
Carey Price is overrated everywhere. Guy was average at best with a crappy Habs team in front of him. Now we put Team Canada and a good Habs team in front of him and he's the best goalie ever.

When he carries a crap team, I will be impressed. Until then, I could suit up in front of some of these teams and hold my own.

Someone hasn't watched a single Habs game all year. Thanks for stopping by though.

Stuzchuk

Mar 25, 2009
Eastern Canada
Say what you want but Carey Price is the best goalie in the world. He will easily shut out sens today and will lead the Habs to Stanley Cup taking Conn Smythe in the process.
A jynx post I assume :naughty: Thx and go habs go :laugh:

EDIT: as for Price he's one of the best GL in the world and he proved it last year prior to his injury. Montreal dont have a really good team on paper but with a good system a good 1st defensive pairing and a great GL you can go a long way in the SCPOs

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Yes he is overrated in playoffs.. from the top5 so called goalies his the worst in playoffs

The Expert

Registered Expert
Aug 31, 2008
BC
If Montreal loses this series (which is a colossal if) it'll be solely because they don't have any d-men that can clear the front of the net. Gilbert has size but has always been soft as butter.

Stjonnypopo

Rgesitreed Uesr
Jan 26, 2009
Mount Doom
His save% for the 5 games in this series are :

For a grand total of 0.923

What's the aberration here, is it the 4 games between .909 and 0.971, or the one game at 0.800?

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
I said it in our Series thread and I'll say it again: Most Sens fans are just happy to be here. We made the playoffs by the skin of our teeth after our small market club worked its butt off with an unbelievable late-season run. We're happy we didn't get swept. All of this is just gravy at this point.

I'm super proud of my team and my city.

Screw that man don't be content.

Stick it to em, I'm sure it would be one of the sweetest things in the history of yall's franchise.

Go Sens Go

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Say what you want but Carey Price is the best goalie in the world. He will easily shut out sens today and will lead the Habs to Stanley Cup taking Conn Smythe in the process.

No man you got it all wrong... Anderson is the best goalie in the world, hes the one whos gonna win the conn smyth this year... you dont know what you are talking about.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
I'm surprised Ottawa lit him up like they did the last game, but I will chalk it up to one bad game. I still think he's a performer.

mmbt

Cheeky Monkey
Feb 27, 2002
California
Visit site
Even undeniably clutch greats like Roy and Brodeur had playoff series where they were not particularly good. Thing is though they were capable of greatness that few others could reach, and could do it repeatedly.

I think Price does have it, but that doesn't mean he's gonna be lights out every year in postseason.

trueblue35

May 22, 2008
Short answer is yes. He has a meltdown every postseason.

A lot of goalies have had meltdowns come post season....Rask scf, Luongo scf, Reimer vs Boston, Lundqvist multiple times in his career, just to name a few. Yet for some reason people act like Price is the only goalie who has bad game or two.

Imo if game 2 and 5 were reversed no one would be questioning Price's ability.

Ishdul

Jan 20, 2007
It's great that we have this topic madlibbed for every player of the past 20 years.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Montreal has been exceptional defensively. Last game he let down the team with i think 3 bad goals but besides the first games hes been pretty good.

Montreal is one of the best defensive teams in the playoffs not just in terms of talented defensemen but in terms of the system they play

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We'll see the far superior and better coached Rangers beat the Canadiens,

2habs.jpg

Genesis76

True Leader
May 3, 2013
Montreal has been exceptional defensively. Last game he let down the team with i think 3 bad goals but besides the first games hes been pretty good.

Montreal is one of the best defensive teams in the playoffs not just in terms of talented defensemen but in terms of the system they play

your jinx attempts are not working under these realms

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
I'm not sure what Price's deal is since the end of March. I suppose we can't expect him to keep up the .950% that he was carrying for over a calendar year but he looks tired to me. He doesn't have that fire in his play like he did basically all year. He went from the best goalie in the world to merely just really good.

I'm hoping a little humbling like he got last game is what it takes to get that fire back. We've definitely seen better from him than what he's showing so far in the playoffs.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Price has a career .919 sv% in regular season. Does that mean he'll average that in the regular season next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad